Status: Working On It :D

My Automatic Attention

Chapter 4

I left a few minuets after Tom's band mates disappeared. Tom had walked me to the door and half way to my house as that was where Georg, the long haired boy with a loud mouth from before, lived. His dad was dropping them off at the studio.

I had gotten home in five minuets to find that my mom was gone, and my brother was smoking weed in his bedroom, I could tell this as he was listening to Bob Marley, a custom he has while only smoking weed with his friends.
I walked right up to my room and grabbed my sketch book that no-one, and I mean NO-ONE, apart from me and my best friend Amber saw, but I guess now it is only me.

It had pictures of how I felt about my life in it, most of them where depressing but it had stopped me from cutting, which is what I did before Amber gave me the idea to do this.

I started drawing Tom, just him sitting on his bed, I have what is known as a photographic memory, so I could remember all of his posters, the order they went in, even the view from his bedroom window, and what his duvet covers where like. I had even shaded in the redness on his noes where I had butted him, I still felt very guilty about it as I didn't mean it, I decided to give the picture to him as an apology.

Just then my small phone started ringing , it was an unknown number, but as I don't get many calls, I answered it.

“Hello?” I asked,

“Hey, it's Bill, you gave me your number remember.”his voice sounded a lot different through the phone.

“oh, yer, hey Bill, sorry, but what did you want?” I asked nicely.

“I have someone who wants to talk to you-” there was some shuffling and mumbling down the phone until finally, someone spoke.

“Hey, sorry about this but I'm going to have to go outside to have more privacy” said the person on the phone with a thick German accent.

“Okay then, could you tell me who you are at least?” I asked him.

“Oh, yer sorry, it's me Tom, I sorta forgot that Bill didn't say” he said kind of quick.

“Hey Tom, look, I don't mean to be rude or sound like I want you to go, because I don't, I just wanted to know why you called me?” I asked unsure if the words I was saying where correct.

“Just to say, I am sorry about before, and I wish the guys never interrupted, and maybe, just maybe, it will happen again.” I could hear the slight smile in his words.

I was silenced, I guess he like me too, I must have sat there for a good minuet before I said anything back,

“Yer, sure of course it might you never know, I, um, I have a picture for you, um, I'll give you it tomorrow, I'm going to go now, bye Tom, bye” I said quite fast and I would be amazed if he understood what I had just said.

Tom's P.O.V.

I walked back into the recording room where Bill was recording on his own and Georg and Gustav where sitting goofing off on the couch. I placed Bill's phone on the table and sat on the couch opposite to the G's.

“So, what's up with you and your lady friend?” Georg asked in a very strange voice.

“Nothing, none of your business” I said and turned my head to the side. Did she really say she had a picture for me, I don't remember taking any, this confused me.

We finished off the recording session and went home, I couldn't stop thinking about my conversation I had with Rielle, she was different, in a good way. She was quiet, stood up for herself, against anyone I should add, and was caring, she also seemed like she had something she was hiding, something she didn't like, some kind of hatred for herself.

*

Rielle's P.O.V

I walked to the corner of the street once again, this time I met them before they got to my house, my mom was awake and I didn't want them knocking while she was conscious, that would have been a bad idea, I didn't want them to meet her, or James either, I doubt they would get along well.

I saw them at the end of the street and notices that Gordon wasn't with them today.

“Hey guys, where is your step dad? I asked out of curiosity, and absent mindedness.

“He had to stay home to look after our mom, she fell down the stairs last night and really hurt her hip, there is like a huge line across it because she landed on a step.” Bill said exaggerating every other word, as Bill does.

“well, we should be off to school don't you think?” Tom said before me and Bill could start a long conversation about his mothers trip down the stairs last night.

We started walking down the street and I shoved my hands into my jacket pocket and felt a piece of paper. I took it out and remembered that it was the drawing I did for Tom. I walked to the other side of Tom so that he was now in the middle of me and Bill. I lightly tucked the picture into his oversized pocket without him noticing and then attempted to start a conversation.

“So, what where you guys doing last night?” I asked in hope that they would tell me why they had to leave.
“I mean I know you said you had band practice, but an interview?, why would you guys have an interview?” I looked up at Tom, he seemed to look a little nervous and looked to Bill for help.

“Well, we where asked by a foreign magazine to do an interview about being identical twins and what its like to have a twin.” Bill said smoothly.

“Oh, like one of those life story articles where they ask what type of things you have been through together?” I asked Bill this time.

“Yer, kind of like that.” Bill answered looking away as the conversation dropped completely, we walked the rest of the way to school with out anything being said.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been even longer for this story to have an update, not only have I been busy, but I have had major writers block! so sorry guys <3