Status: 9/10/11: We're busy for the weekend and possibly a few days next week but we will update soon, around next week tops. Xoxo

Eyes Like Sunsets.

No More Monday Blues

I lie on my stomach on my bed, flipping through channels. Nothing good is ever on anymore it seems. It’s all reality television and soap opera bullshit. I mean, what happened to all the good sitcoms like Diff’rent Strokes; what’chu talking ‘bout Willis? Now that’s classic right there. Can’t creators come up with anything good these days?

I sigh deeply and end up settling for The Big Bang Theory. Chuck Lorre is the closest founding man of twenty-first century sitcom shows that even compares to people like Jeff Harris and Bernie West. Plus, I can’t deny the fact that I absolutely adore Howard.

I roll onto my side, throwing my dreads carelessly behind me. I admit, watching the comedy channel on a Friday night isn’t something I should be proud of, but what else is there to do? I’m currently unemployed living with my best friend because I can’t afford a house of my own, I haven’t talked to my parents in months, and my older brother is married and has kids already, so I’m pretty much shit out of luck.

A commercial comes on eventually. I sit up and get off the bed, walking into the kitchen to grab an apple. I take a huge bite and casually walk back to my original seat.

“Jovi, Jovi! Oh, my god, you’re not going to believe this!” I hear Megan’s voice, followed by the door slamming, and running. Milliseconds later there she is red hair and red faced with excitement, her whole body bounding up and down, up and down. She’s moving so fast she’s making me dizzy. I look away and take a bite of my apple, ignoring her as I attempt to watch the remainder of the episode.

She groans loudly and walks out of the room. Soon though, she’s back with an envelope in her hand, smiling, practically shoving it in my face. I assume it’s a letter from one of her family members or a bill that’s really low because that’s her usual reaction for something like that.

I chew my apple, swallow, and dart my eyes from her, to the envelope, and back. “What’s that supposed to be?” I ask, raising my brow.

She smiles wide and sits next to me, taking out the piece of paper inside. She already opened the letter. She opens all our letters and bills before I even get a chance to read them. Sometimes she even opens my letters “by mistake”.

“Guess.”

I sigh and stand up, walking away, “No.”

“Please! You’ll be happy about it! Just guess, just once that’s all I ask!”

I roll my eyes and throw the rest of the apple in the garbage. When I turn around Megan’s right there, smiling wide, holding the envelope out towards me. So, instead of guessing I take it in my hands and read it. The words I read make me feel light headed and jumpy, like Megan usually is on a daily basis. My eyes scan over the paper over and over again, wondering how this could’ve happened.

“Told you you’d like the news,” She says matter-of-factly.

I don’t even bother to tell her off, instead I just stare blankly at the page, wondering how either of us could be so lucky.

“Anybody home,” Megan asks with a laugh, snatching the letter from my hands. I look at her and blink. “I would say, I told you so or something like that, but I’m too happy to make it seem like you’re the dumb one in this situation.”

This time I narrow my eyes in her direction. “Whatever. I was just being realist. I didn’t think we were actually going to win.”

“But of course as fate would have it we did and I was right instead of you.” She smirks in my direction and takes a couple of things out of the envelope. “Here are our V.I.P. tickets and these…” She pulls out more things, smiling wide, “…are our backstage passes.”

I sigh deeply, taking one of each thing in my hand. “When’s Warped coming around here anyway?”

“Monday, I already booked off vacation time for work so I don’t have to leave you all alone for a while.” Megan says. “So, yeah.”

“Why would they have it on a Monday? That’s just stupid.”

She shrugs, “Who cares, we’re going and that’s all that matters!”

I hand her back the tickets, nodding, “Valid point.”

“Now c’mon, let’s go order some pizza to celebrate or something.” Megan drags me to the kitchen and grabs the phone, “Half veggie, right?”

I nod happily. For once since I got fired I’m actually excited for a Monday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why hello there! So, I'm the other author of this here story and I write the point of view of Jovi. There's not much to say for this particular "author's note" aside from the fact that we have big plans, BIG PLANS for this thing. :)