Status: 9/10/11: We're busy for the weekend and possibly a few days next week but we will update soon, around next week tops. Xoxo

Eyes Like Sunsets.

Acts of Violence Lead to Good Things

Megan and I push our way to the SmartPunk stage forcibly. The whole time she attempts to gush about her run in with Alex at the Chinese food place, but I honestly can’t hear a word she’s saying. Too many people are screaming, chanting, shoving; overall just doing anything to get the band out faster.

“I totally pulled out the bitch card on those sluts. I was pissed, but as soon as I saw Alex I went from like, uber angry to chill.”

I don’t bother replying. Instead I shove my way through a bunch of tall guys who smile and look down at Megan and me with an expression filled with interest. Awkwardly, I smile back and dart away as fast as possible with Megan hot on my trail.

I hear Megan curse loudly. I turn around and see her glaring at some chick. “Holy fuck! Move out of the fucking way!” She yells. She moves into position to elbow her straight in the shoulder, but I grab her arm just in time and pull her away.

“Stop that.” I tell her, looking around for an opening in the pit.

“She started it!” She protests angrily, pointing. “She fucking stepped on my fucking foot and laughed at me!”

I roll my eyes and glare at Megan. “I don’t care who started it because I just finished it. Now c’mon, do you wanna’ see your future boyfriend or whatever you call him or not?”

She scoffs. “Fine, lead the way Jo.”

I do as I’m told and link arms with her, weaving us through different crowds of people. The whole time I feel like I’m going to straight heaving because of the lack of clean air. The smell of booze and weed lingers, not to mention sweat. The combination of it all reeks and makes it hard to breathe. All I want to do is make it to the edge of the stage so I can at least breathe just a little bit better and have a good view.

“I found a spot!” Megan yells excitedly, yanking me across the mosh pit towards the very front. It’s not quite the middle, more so to the right, but both of us are thankful we’re finished pushing our way through perverted males and bitchy over possessive fans. “I can’t believe I’m seeing All Time Low in the flesh with my best friend after Alex Gaskarth kissed me beside my favorite place to get food.” She shakes her head in disbelief and smiles wide. “If I’m dreaming I’m gonna’ be pissed.”

I laugh slightly, placing my arm on her shoulder. “You’re not, trust me.”

She does a little dance, jumping up and down as wildly as she can while squealing. “This is the best day of my life. This is totally going on Facebook.” Megan whips out her iPhone and starts clicking away.

That’s my cue to zone out. I look around at the many people standing around. I swear there’s probably like a couple hundred of us standing around waiting for All Time Low to come on.

“Hey, hey, hey Jovi guess who came to visit you during the show?” Megan says. I look at her and notice she’s still starring at her phone, typing away. Confusingly I look around, but don’t recognize anybody.

“What are you talking about?” I ask.

“John’s been standing behind you for like, the last five minutes.”

I blink a couple of times, narrowing my eyes. “Yeah, okay Megan, whatever you say. John O’Callaghan is standing right behind me.” I raise my hands in the air and mock her while I shaking them violently like I’m doing jazz hands.

“Fine then,” She replies, clicking a few more things before putting her phone away and looking up at me. “Don’t believe me. Just don’t blame me when he scares the crap out of you in the next minute or so.”

“Megan he’s not going to scare me because he’s not there!” I turn around and see some random guy giving me a creepy expression. I point to the space beside me and look back at Megan. “See, totally not there.”

She laughs.

“Now you’re just making fun of me aren’t you?”

She rolls her eyes and looks at the stage. “Whatever.”

“Fine, whatever, see if I care. Just because you think I’m in love with John after talking to him twice doesn’t mean you have the right to pretend like he’s there when he’s really not.” I cross my arms over my chest and follow her gaze, looking up at the stage where the sound guys are still setting up.

“You’re really oblivious aren’t you?”

I groan loudly and look at Megan. “Seriously, stop it!”

“Just turn around really fast and I’ll stop.” She says.

“Why?” I ask.

Megan grabs my shoulders and whips me around, pushing me forward. I crash into someone tall, recoiling backwards onto the edge of the stage. At an attempt to keep myself standing I end up smashing my wrist against it. Cursing out in pain, I grip my hand on the injury and bend over, placing my wrist between my legs. I close my eyes tightly, mumbling to myself. “Fuck, fuck, ow, ow, ow, Megan you’re such a douche-head!”

“Douche-head? Really? That was a little uncalled for Jo.”

“Shut up, please.” I say through clenched teeth.

“Great job, all I was going to do was scare her.” I hear a familiar voice and open my eyes to see John leaning forward. He places his palm on my back and gives me a look of concern. “C’mon let’s get you checked out.” He rubs my back a bit and looks over at Megan. “You just stay here, we’ll be back.”

Megan nods and does the same thing as John, leans forward and starts rubbing my back. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to freak you out like that, but don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.”

I roll my eyes and stick out my tongue. John’s hand moves from my back to my uninjured hand, pulling it away from my other and gripping it tight. He pulls me through the crowd without any words or second thoughts and maneuvers us both through crowds of people. We walk for around ten minutes until he brings us to a tent and sits me down on a chair.

“Hey John, what’s up?” A man asks. He looks like older with a lot of piercings and a vast amount of facial hard covering his chin. He also has glasses that are thick and black.

“Hey Bob, this is Jovi. She messed up her wrist over at the SmartPunk stage, mind fixing her up?” John asks, making hand gestures with the words he says.

“Sure thing, give me ten minutes tops and she’ll be good to go in no time.” He smiles at John and then at me. “So, Jovi, what happened?”

“My friend Megan pushed me.” I reply in embarrassment. I don’t want to recap what happened earlier very much.

“What a wonderful friend.” He replies sarcastically.

“The best.”

“Now, let me just take a look here. Tell me when it hurts.” He motions me to lift up my wrist and touches it in my different areas. The whole time I bite my lip hard, trying not to cry out in pain. That is, until he taps a certain area and I just explode. “I think you might have sprained it. We’ll just wrap it up; maybe put it into a simple brace to keep it steady. If it gets any worse though I suggest getting an x-ray, but I highly doubt it’s that serious.”

I nod, breathing heavily. Bob releases my wrist and gets up while John walks behind me and rests his chin on my shoulder. He looks me at and then looks at my wrist and then back at me again. It’s so surreal being so close to him. I never thought something like this would happen to me. Me sitting here with John leaning against my shoulder like an apologetic child.

“What?” I ask curiously.

“Sorry.”

“For what?”

“Not saying hi when I should’ve.” He replies.

“It’s okay. You’re not the one who pushed me.”

He nods which feels sort of awkward because of the fact his chin is still on my shoulder. However, I can’t really say I can complain. “I’ll make it up to you. Wanna’ get some lunch or something? I’ll buy.”

“Tempting.”

“I know I am.” He says jokingly.

I roll my eyes and sigh. “Fine, just can you text Megan so she doesn’t flip out at me claiming I ditched her and blah, blah, blah.” I grab my phone with my good hand and pass it to John and starts furiously typing. When he finishes he hands it back and I put it in my pocket.

“You might as well just spend the whole day with me.” John says.

“And why is that?” I ask. I’m taken aback by his statement, but I attempt to go with the flow without seeming too excited or nervous or anything that’ll make me look stupid.

“Well, we’re having lunch together and then I’m assuming you’re watching the show and then after you promised me a drink. So, yeah, it’d be much easier you know?”

“Would it?” I raise my brow continuing the act.

“Yes.”

“I don’t wanna’ ditch Megan or anything…”

John stands up straight and walks around my chair a couple of times pondering until finally he comes up with something. “She likes Gaskarth. I can get him to distract her for the rest of the day while you and I have some fun.”

“Um… sure, I guess.” I shrug my shoulder carefully, trying not to disturb my wrist.

“It’s a date then.” John smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter? I think yes! Thanks to all the people reading this and subscribing. I just wish we could have at least ONE comment. Just one. That would make us happy for like... a zillion years? Yeah, about that long.