Status: Comments and suggestions are welcome! :)

Best I've Never Had

The One That Got Away

I blinked furiously and sat up slowly. I felt a body move next to me then go still. My eyes widened once I saw where I was. 

David was lying next to me, his chest slowly rising and falling, and our clothes were strewn across the floor. My breathing began to speed up as I sprung from the bed and ran to collect my clothes. David stirred, but didn't wake. 

I slipped into the bathroom, throwing my clothes back on and sank down to the floor. 

"What the hell did I do last night?" I whispered, placing my head in my hands.

I left the bathroom to go investigate. I found a box on a chair in the corner of the room and had to hold my hand over my mouth to keep myself from screaming. 

"Maggie?" David mumbled sleepily as I threw the box down and turned around. 

"David- I'm sorry-" I said, stumbling over various items trying to find the door.

"What do you mean?" He asked, more awake now. 

"I have to go," I squeaked, ripping open the door and running into the hall. 

I ran all the way back to my car and once I got in, and I pulled my knees up to my chest. Sobs racked my chest as my phone vibrated. Seeing Jordan's name flash across the iPhone screen made me cry harder. 

What would Jordan think, knowing I cheated on him? Every touch, every kiss would be a lie. 

Just the thought of losing Jordan made my breathing ragged. I rocked back and forth and let all my pent up emotion out. After I thought I was done crying, I mustered up just enough strength to drive myself home. 

I opened the door and threw my keys on the counter, wincing when they struck the metal bowl in the center. 

I didn't want to face Jordan just yet, so I tiptoed up to my room. I heard the water running in the bathroom as I breathed a sigh of relief. Jordan was showering which gave me some time to come up with a story. Unfortunately, the second I shut my door, the water shut off. 

I sat on my bed and stared at the wall. I was afraid to look anywhere else for fear I would cry again. I inhaled a shaky breath as Jordan opened the door. 

"Maggie?" Jordan said in disbelief. I was waiting for him to yell, to get angry at me. Instead, he looked relieved.

"Baby where have you been?" He asked quietly, moving to the bed and sitting next to me. 

I let out a squeak, but it was too late; I felt the water on my face. 

"Don't cry sweetie, shhh, it'll be okay," Jordan cooed, embracing me in a hug. 

The gesture made me cry harder. Jordan bent down to kiss me, but I turned my head and avoided it.

Jordan gave me a confused look, but he shrugged and continued to tell me everything would be alright. 

So there we sat. Jordan stayed by my side that day and night, getting me anything and continuously asking what was wrong.

"Maggie, you can tell me what's wrong," Jordan whispered as I shook my head.

I pretended to fall asleep, but Jordan still held me. 

"I was going to tell you tomorrow, but I leave for another tour soon. I was wondering if you would come with me..." Jordan trailed off as I bit my lip. 

"I'll let you sleep baby. Goodnight Maggie, I love you," Jordan mumbled, kissing my temple and lying down next to me.

I made sure he was asleep before I whispered, "I love you," and slipped out of bed. 

I grabbed my duffel bag out of my closet and started throwing clothes into it. Jordan stirred but did not wake. 

I pulled out my phone and dialed my friend Rachel's number.

"Hey Rach, it's Maggie. Do you mind if I come up and visit for awhile? Nothing's wrong, I just need to get away. I should be there by tomorrow. Okay thanks, see you then," I said into the phone. 

My phone call didn't wake Jordan, so I walked over to him and sat down on the bed.

"Thank you for everything Jordan. I love you," I whispered, fighting back tears.

"I love you too Maggie," he mumbled sleepily.

I kissed his cheek and slipped out of my room. I quickly scrawled out a note telling Jordan not to worry and thank him for everything.

I pulled out of my driveway, said a final goodbye and drove to my new home in St. Louis...

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END! I hope you all enjoyed the story, and there might be a sequel (: