Skipping a Beat

it all starts here

Image

Nothing started out the way that it ended. In that coffee house in those four tight walls painted the dark soothing colors, nothing started out the broken and horrible way that it ended. It started out as a job that helped pay for a shitty-ass car that I hated anyways, it started as a way to pass the time.

At the start I didn’t even know who Reese Munn was, just a random face in the crowd, and a stranger in a city of a million. There was no reason why we should have met, not reason at all why he should have become what he was to me. One moment my life was just as it should be, and the next it was spinning wildly out of control in a whirlwind of a million bright lights that were new and familiar all at the same time.

More than anything, this is a story about holding on. About knowing when you’re supposed to let go and what happens when you don’t. It’s about the brilliant destruction that a stranger can make out of your life. The wonderful mysteries that hide behind every corner of this world, the beauty and the misery and the explosion that comes when you press your lips against someone’s and it just feels right. This is a story about Reese Munn more than me, because he always managed to be the star of the show, to steal the spotlight and run away with it.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. Sometimes it’s hard to remember the before because the after was so much more interesting. This story starts before though, it starts long before when the coffee shop was just my place of work and Reese Munn was just the lazy guitar boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader.