Status: Happy 34th birthday Gerard! <33

April 9th.

1/1

Looking in the mirror, Gerard ran his long fingers through his hair all the way to the roots. They were obviously noticeable, being a dark brown color, verses the rest of his hair being dyed an absurd red. He sighed a little before letting a small smile overtake his lips. At least he didn’t have any gray hair yet.

It was true. Gerard was getting older and today proved it. It was his thirty-fourth birthday. Of course nobody liked seeing their age go up and he was no different. Tired of over self analyzing himself, he walked away from the vanity, out of the bedroom, and into the living room.

Gerard smiled with he saw Lindsey sitting on the couch. Bandit was sitting on her lap with a wide grin that exposed the few little teeth she had. She clapped when she saw him walk in the room and clapped even harder when he took a seat right next to his wife on the couch. Gerard laughed when Bandit quickly scurried away from Lindsey’s lap and into his. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

Lindsey’s lovely face radiated joy and love. She wiped a stray hair out of Gerard’s face before talking. “How has your birthday been sweetheart?”

“It’s been okay,” he said truthfully. Nothing extravagant or mildly wild had occurred. It was just another ordinary day in the Way household. But that was how Gerard liked it. Just being with his wife was something and he treasured dearly. And being with his daughter was something he held close to his heart.

Lindsey’s face slightly fell. She frowned and ran a hand through her bleach blonde hair. “Oh really? Ah, Gerard. You seem less than excited. I want you to be happy! It’s your birthday darling. You deserve everything.”

“I already have everything I want right here.” Gerard motioned around him. He held Lindsey’s hand and the other was closely holding Bandit. “You and Bandit are the only thing I need in the whole wide world. In fact, the two of you are my whole wide world. I wouldn’t change it for anything. I’m perfectly content and even more.”

Lindsey looked elated. “Aww, yay! I just want you to feel amazing! You’ve given me everything and I just want to give you the world. I guess I’ve succeeded.”

Gerard smiled. “You sure have baby, you sure have.”

There was a comfortable silence. Bandit had fallen asleep against her father’s chest. Lindsey had fallen into Gerard’s side and had her arms wrapped around his neck. She kissed his earlobe before quietly whispering into it.

“Mm, happy birthday my dear.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This certainly isn't my best work, but I just felt good about writing something for him. Happy birthday Gee! <33