Twist of Fate

Serendipity, Serenity, Serena, or Selena?

"What the fuck happened to you?" I snapped. I'm standing in the nurses office, glaring at my boyfriend. 

"Uh, babe-" he starts but I interrupt him.

"Don't you 'Uh babe' me," I took a step towards him and narrowed my light blue eyes. "You were late fifteen minutes, I was waiting by your car for fifteen minutes Alexander." 

"Why are you freaking out Keels? I've been late longer before and it was for dates." he asked me. He grabbed my hands and intertwined our fingers together.  

I tried to shrug his fingers off but he kept a strong  hold on them. "Not only that but I found out you got in a fight with someone." Alex looked at me and tried to say something but I again cut him off. "You were fighting Matt Flyzik, am I right?" Alex nodded. "Exactly. Who were you fighting over?"

"No one," Alex said. 

I laugh. It comes out as a half choked, half sarcastic laugh. "More like that music girl Seredipity,"

"Serenity," he whispered, staring at the ground. 

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT HER NAME IS," I screeched. Alex winced at my yelling. "What happened Saturday night Alex?" 

At the mention of Saturday night Alex let go of my hands and stared at the ground. 

He looked back up at me but not quite meeting my eyes, more like the wall right next to me. "What do you mean?" he gulped. 

"I mean the party Alex," I lowered my voice dangerously low. "What happened at the party?"

"I was playing beer pong with Zack and the rest of the football team," he finally replied after a few moments of silence.

"Beer pong with Zack or tonsil hockey with Serena?" I spat. 

This time Alex met my eyes. "How'd you know about that?"

My mouth twitched and I shake my head. "I can't believe this," I turned around and walked to the door. I faced Alex again. "You know," I started. "I actually thought Zack was lying when he told me you kissed her," The tears I was trying so hard to hold back began to fall, I looked over at Alex. He had a pained expression on his face. "I mean, i thought he only told me these lies because he was jealous. I guess I'm wrong and I guess it's true though." 

"Keeley, please let me explain!" Alex pleaded. 

"How long has this been going on Alex?" I aggressively wiped my tears from my eyes. The side of my pointer fingers were black from the mascara and eyeliner. "A few days? Months?" 

Alex shook is head vigorously. "No!" he raised his voice. "It was one time. Keeley, I promise nothing will ever happen again. I was intoxicated."

I gripped the door handle and pulled it open. "It's over Alex."

I walked out of the nurses office with my head held high. It was like a scene in a movie. I watched myself walk down the hallway. My Vans classic shoes smacking against the linoleum floor. Alex dashed out of the nurses office, running after me. His face was streaked with tears. I don't even know how I knew what he looked like because not once had I turned around when he was calling my name a dozen times. 

I walked out of the school building and got in the car that was waiting in front of me. Jenny glanced at me but didn't say anything. She already knew and I was thankful she didn't want to talk about it. I stared out the window as we passed many places. My iPhone was beeping with so many text messages and calls but I ignored every single one. 

When I got home, I went straight upstairs to my room. I finally looked through all my text messages. Out of 58, 4 were from Zack but the rest were from Alex. The last text message Alex sent me was a almost a 5 page message. Summing it all up, it was pretty much about how Alex was sorry he messed up and how he regrets even kissing that Selena girl. He says I'm the only girl he has ever loved and will always love. 

Part of me wanted to call him and make up but the other part made me not believe him. Like I said before, he was like my dad and I don't trust my dad. Maybe that was what drove Alex to make out with her. I didn't trust him, but really I did trust Alex, I trusted him with all my life. I was just cautious with him because of my dad. 

I rolled over in my bed, my face against the pillow. I didn't want to wallow in self pity because I wasted a year with a boy that never even loved me. So I did the one thing I thought I would never do in my high school life. 

I grabbed my phone and dialed Zack's number. "I want to get drunk at a party." I told him. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So I feel bad...
1. I didn't double update like I said I would because i was super busy.
2. I didn't even see the other author update until today when she double update :/

I hope you like it though.