Cold December.

Doomed.

The most fragile and precious thing a guy can and will ever hold is a woman's heart. Every woman has beauty; a beauty that no other woman or object could out-shine. This woman, in particular, has a certain beauty that I thirsted for. Her hair hung low and heavy, her eye's alive with with radiance and curiosity. She exited the vehicle with her brother and paced slowly towards the school, shoulders hunched forward to protect herself from the rain.

It was difficult for me to be here—difficult to do this willingly, all for a human girl who had beauty so potent that I couldn't find the will power to stay away much longer. I knew I was pushing myself—testing my luck, and I didn't know how ready I was for what I was about to put myself into, but I knew I was doing for one reason, and one reason only.

To protect her.

I didn't know her, no. She didn't know me. Hell, she didn't know I existed, but I had an intention of making sure she did, hopefully within the next week.

With the bag sung over my shoulder, I moved towards the building, head down as I passed groups of students. I found my way to the office, and applied myself in. Almost two periods had gone by before the secretary handed me a small purple slip and sent me on my way to lunch. For a hybrid, I ate a fair amount of food, so I wasn't taken aback by the several stares I was receiving. I made my way outside onto the lawn, sat myself on a rock and listened.

Searching for her was more difficult than I thought. She didn't speak much—but her heartbeat was several paces faster than a majority of the schools. When I did locate her, I absent minded ate and listened to her speak quietly with her brother. She happened to be listening to her MP3, Why Can't I by Liz Phair. I noticed her lack of movement, and the fact that she didn't each much—actually, she rarely ate at all.

For a moment, I wondered if something could be bothering her. Perhaps it was the fact that she was out casted, or that she couldn't find a place to fit in.

"Hey—are you okay?" My eyes narrowed. A male with a deep but quiet voice sat down, and the question was directed to Leah.

At first she didn't reply, and I could only imagine what thoughts drifted through her mind. But, I froze when she spoke. Her voice was melodic, and sweet. "I-I'm fine." She whispered, "Really." She sounded more like she was trying to reassure herself than the newcomer.

"Hel-lo?"

Taken aback, my first reaction was to move away. In doing so, I fell off the edge of the picnic table onto the damp ground.

"Oh," The voice moved closer, and a warm hand touched my arm, "I'm sorry! I didn't think I would scare you—"

I scoffed, trying for masculinity, "You didn't scare me. I just wasn't paying attention."

The girl raised a perfectly shaped brow and smirked, "On who? The girl listening to music inside the cafe?"

My eye's flashed to hers quickly, then diverted and settled on the ground, "No."

"Really?" She swung her hip around the edge of the table and placed herself down beside me, dark curls cascading down her back, "I'm going to be quite honest with you; I don't like liars. And you, Snow, are lying."

I faced her, brows mashed together, "And if I was?"

"Don't bother. She's new, and doesn't speak to anyone. Period." She kicked her feet up onto the table and sighed, "Besides, why waste your time on a pathetic human girl when the world is yours for the taking?"

My primal instinct was to ignore her words. Shrug them off like dirt. But something about her was too eerie. She was too.. perfect. Silky, thick curls, clear complexion, inviting eyes. She was fairly tall, as well.

"Roman can only wait so long, Joshua. You have three months left to find someone to save you." Her eye's hardened and she left her place beside me, her next words catching in the wind; "Or stay this way, forever."

A monster, yes. I've been this way for so long, it's taken an eternity to find myself. He gave me fifty years to save myself—fifty years to get over my narcissus ways and find a love, care for other—care about others. This Leah, she intrigued me.

I watched her leave the building in a hurry, headphones around her neck, nose pink with the cold. I'd be damned if I left myself go back that way—back to the selfish, high-class bastard that haunted me for so many years. That was the true monster—giving me immortality was the worst mistake my brother could've given me.

And, if in the next three months I don't cure myself, I'll become that old self, with no recognition of the last fifty years, with no happiness to cling onto at all.

I'm doomed.
♠ ♠ ♠
kay, so, no ones really reading this, and if anyone does, can you tell me if I should continue, or other things you would like me to include to make it interesting?
xoxoaliyah.