Status: done.

You Drain The Life From Me.

Love Me Patiently

The doorbell rang and I stood up from the game of Left 4 Dead that I was playing with Ross.

"Hurry, Leigh!" Ross called as I unlocked and opened the door, coming face to face with my fat Mexican chipmunk.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, delighted to see him.

"I found your shirt while I was cleaning my room and I figured I ought to bring it back, since I probably couldn't wear it anyway."

I laughed. "Thanks. I still have your shirt, actually. John said it smelled like tacos."

"Jesus, what is it with you O'Callaghans and offensive comments about my race?"

"Leigh!" Ross called out, "Shane's replacing you! You're taking too long!"

"Yeah, whatever, but Shane sucks balls at Left 4 Dead!"

I could just see Shane flipping me off.

"Do you want to come with me to get your shirt?" I didn't wait for an answer before taking him by the hand and dragging him up the stairs and into my room.

I cringed when I walked in, remembering how messy it was.

"I'm sorry it's so messy. Pat and Kennedy were over and we had this wrestling match and you know how those go."

I set down my shirt and started to look for his. I guess he found the confused and frustrated look on my face funny, because he chuckled.

"Just keep the shirt, Leigh."

"No! I will find the shirt!"

He acquired an amused expression and sat down on the bed, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me down onto his lap.

"You know, you talk a lot," he said in a matter-of-fact voice.

"Well, you eat a lot."

"You look cute a lot," he retorted. Then he laughed because he realized what he said didn't make sense.

"You have really chubby cheeks," I giggled and pinched his cheeks as even more giggles poured out of my mouth.

"You have really soft lips." I could feel Stephen's smile as he pressed his lips to mine.

I let out a small gasp and I felt him pull away, so I smiled (and kissed) back.

It was the first time we had kissed (on the lips) since that night that we, um, you know...that night.

Our kisses soon became more and more heated and eventually, he was lying on his back on my bed and I was, er, on top of him.

He slipped his hand up my shirt but immediately, I pulled away.

"Shane and Ross are right downstairs and John could wake up."

"He still doesn't know...?"

"That's one of few things I've never told him."

Stephen sighed and I rolled over onto my back next to him.

"I wish I could. But I'd rather not."

He nodded. "I get it." Then he took my hand and traced the lines on my palm.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, he suddenly said guiltily, "I can't go to the show tomorrow."

I sat up and asked, "Why?" with a frown.

He kissed me, washing the frown away. As fast as the kiss had started, it ended. "John and I have to do something with my parents. Some Gomez family reunion or something. Burritos galore!"

I sighed. "Will you come to 8123, though?"

He shook his head. "I can't, I'm really sorry. But I'll call you after, how's that?"

I would take what I could get and hold on to Stephen as tight as I could.

"Deal."

Eventually, John woke up and Stephen had to leave before John caught us doing anything that would result in Stephen being killed.

At the door, he hugged me for so long that it felt like he would never let go. I didn't mind one bit, but John sure did.

He stood by the door and cleared his throat. Immediately, Stephen unwrapped his arms from my waist and left rather quickly.

After he was out of sight, John was about to say something, but I cut him off. "You stupid jerk, you scared him off."

"It's what big brothers are supposed to do!" he replied with a satisfied smile.

"Asshole," I grumbled before climbing up the stairs and into my room, where my bedsheets smelled of Stephen's cologne.

And no, they did not smell like Mexican food.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and filler-y, I hope you don't mind :3 Thank you to young at heart, Hello Fascination., and dark eyed dreamer; for commenting, and all the new subscribers! Lemme just tell you, shit goes down in the next chapter. And please, if you don't know who Brighten is, go give them a listen.