Status: done.

You Drain The Life From Me.

I Want It All Inside Of You.

"Shh, quiet." Garrett's whispers cut through the dark, save for a lamp or two that lit our short journey up the stairs and into his room.

"I thought you said no one was home!"

"But I like being in stealth mode."

This was the Garrett I loved.

He fumbled with the doorknob and took me by the hand into his room. Almost immediately, the door was closed, his hands were on my hips and his lips were on mine.

"God, I missed you so much, Leigh."

I slipped out of my shirt and he unbuttoned my jeans, sliding them off. I pulled his shirt up and over his head, and he took his jeans off, walking backwards and falling onto his bed.

Once again, our lips connected and he unclasped my bra. My hand went to the bulge in his boxers and I gasped. "God, it's pretty big..." He smirked in satisfaction and flipped us over so that he was on top of me. He did his best to shift his weight so that he wasn't putting it all on me.

All the remaining clothing was shed and we did what only one of us had done before. But it was better than I had ever imagined. Better than Stephen. Better than what I had expected.

He finished and um...pulled out and kissed me one more time before rolling over and lying next to me. "That was fucking amazing," I mumbled.

"I love you, Leigh."

"I love you, Garrett."

"You know my actual reason for cheating?"

"What was it?" I asked, hoping this explanation would make more sense.

"I cheated because Rachael was a fuck and chuck. Like every other girl I've ever dated. Except you. Our relationship was the longest I've ever been in. I wasn't used to commitment. I didn't know what I was doing."

"That explanation actually made sense. Nice job."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I sat up and covered my bare chest with the bedsheets. My head was throbbing and next to me, someone was snoring lightly. It took a minute to figure out what happened but then I remembered.

I had had sex with Garrett. I smiled, looking over at his sleeping figure.

Then reality hit me and I remembered that Garrett had a girlfriend. He was still together with Rachael and he had just cheated on her with me. If I had never been cheated on, it wouldn't have affected me as bad as it did. But I felt like shit for being that girl that Rachael had been with me.

My phone rang out the chorus to Honestly by Cartel and I jumped. It was coming from the floor, from the pocket of my jeans. I jumped, pulling a random shirt on, and grabbed it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

Garrett stirred and sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "What time is it?" I heard him mumble.

"Hey, Leigh."

Fuck. Stephen.

"Hi," I replied.

"Did you just wake up?"

"Um," I cleared my throat, "Kinda."

"Do you wanna go somewhere today?"

"Sure, Stephen. What do you have in mind?"

I ignored Garrett's eye roll and turned around so I wasn't facing him. But that didn't work because he just came up and hugged me from behind. As much as I liked being hugged like that, I felt like crap.

"I'll improvise. I'm gonna come pick you up in ten, okay?"

I started to panic. Ten minutes was exactly enough time for me to walk home, but it wasn't enough for me to shower and get dressed.

"I'm...I'm not home."

"Where are you? I'll just come get you from there."

"No! No, um, how about I, uh..."

I looked to Garrett for help and in reply, he gave me a look as if he was saying, "Why the hell are you asking me for help?"

"How bout I get ready and head over to your house?" I suggested.

"That sounds good. See you in half an hour, Leigh."

I hung up quickly and sat back onto Garrett's bed, running my hands over my face. "Gare, what are we doing? It feels like the fucking Notebook when Allie goes to visit Noah and they end up doing it, but she's engaged and he's got some annoying girl."

His eyes widened. "You're not engaged, are you?!"

"What? No!"

"Okay, good. But anyway, I've never seen that movie."

"Yes you have! I made you watch it with me."

"I fell asleep."

"Of course you did."

"And to answer your question, I don't know what the fuck we're doing. But it was pretty fun, don't you think?"

"I mean, I sure as hell liked it, but we've got other people waiting for us. You've got Rachael and I've got Stephen. As much as I love you, Stephen's what I need. He helped me out so much after we broke up and he's..." I stumbled for words. "He's what I need," I repeated.

"But needing and wanting are two different things."

"I don't want to get hurt again, okay?"

"Hey, Garrett!" a voice bellowed.

"Shit, it's Trey. If he found out what happened--"

"He would tell John."

"Oh shit! Go into the closet. Here, take your clothes." I did as told and got dressed, closing the closet door. Garrett got dressed as well, save his shirt, which I had on. What was it with me and taking other peoples' shirts after we had sex?

From inside the closet, I heard the bedroom door open and Trey stepped in. "Hey, did you take my car last night?"

"Um, yeah. I needed it because I had to go home cause I didn't feel all that well."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever. Well, um. I had to take Leigh's car so can you tell John to tell Leigh that her car's here and not at 8123? Cause no one knows where she is, and John hasn't woken up yet so no one wants to tell him."

"How did you take her car if you didn't have her keys...?"

"Oh, John had 'em. I guess he keeps a spare set with him."

"Oh, okay. Yeah."

Trey left and Garrett knocked on the closet door, signaling the okay for me to get out.

"So yeah, your car's in the driveway and um, have fun with Stephen."

I stood in front of the window, looking at him. He looked miserable. "I don't wanna end it like this," I mumbled.

"There's no other way to end it. I'd rather end it like this. It's better to end it like this rather than someone getting hurt."

"But Gare, I just really fucking love you, okay?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'll see you around. I wish we could still be together, you know? I miss you. But I don't think it'll ever really be the same."

He closed his eyes. "I wish you would try. I wish we could try. Because I really do think it could be the same, especially after last night."

I didn't want to respond because I knew he was right.

"I have to go. Bye."

He hugged me and held on tight, and it hit me how much I really would miss him. I climbed out the window and didn't look back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well. Now the story gets somewhat depressing. Please tell me what you think! And sorry if the *~intimate~* scene sucks. I'm horrible at writing those.