Status: done.

You Drain The Life From Me.

I Need You So Much Closer

No more partying for me.

That was the first thing I thought as Stephen parked his car on the curb next to 8123. I spotted the keg and the stacks upon stacks of red cups, sighing, already missing the warm beer that I would've been having if I wasn't pregnant.

Of course, I would have to come up with some lame excuse as to why I wasn't able to drink, because everyone knew I enjoyed drinking. Hell, you probably weren't even allowed to come to 8123 if you didn't like to drink, I thought as Stephen and I stepped out of the car and towards the group of people that I loved.

As my luck would have it, I didn't even have time to come up with a believable excuse before Pat came running towards us with two red cups in hand, beer spilling out and onto his feet and down his bright blue t-shirt. I winced at the mess he was making.

When he got to us, the cups were only half full.

"Pat, you have beer all over you."

He shrugged. "Eh, I'll change later. Anyway, here!"

I started to panic. "Um...I can't. I uh, I-I gave beer up for Lent...?"

Pat chuckled. "Leigh, I may be dumb, but I'm pretty sure Lent is over. You're not even religious."

My brain couldn't come up with a legitimate excuse at all. As I panicked and hoped for an excuse to fall out of the sky, Stephen coughed. "I'm pretty damn thirsty. Um, I'll have both cups. Thanks," he mumbled, taking both cups and downing them.

Pat shot us a suspicious look and turned to walk back to the circle of lawn chairs.

"Thanks, Stephen. I still have no excuse for why I can't drink," I told him with a frown on my face.

"Tell them that you just don't want any tonight. I'm sure that's fine, I mean, it's not wrong to not drink. Don't worry about it. Or you could always go for the Designated Driver approach."

"I'll try both. Thanks, darling," I replied with a smile.

He held tighter onto my hand and together, we walked towards the lawn chairs. Stephen plopped down onto one of them and I perched onto his knees. He kicked his feet up, almost making me fall, and as I slightly shrieked, he put both his hands on either side of me and pulled me so that I was sitting on his lap.

I saw Garrett shoot me a look. I shot one back, knowing he didn't like that I was with Stephen and that he would rather have me with him.

"So!" yelled John suddenly, "What do you think we should sing tonight?"

Jared and Kennedy pulled out their guitars and John rubbed his palms together, getting excited at the thought of singing, even though he had just been on stage for half an hour straight.

"How about I Wanna Love You by Akon?" someone suggested.

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy, but John's face lit up. "No, dude! That's perfect! We've been thinking about making a cover for that song for a while. Thanks for bringing it up!"

As John, Kennedy, and Jared got ready to play, Stephen leaned up to whisper in my ear. "Looks like someone wants to kill me," he said, referring to Garrett.

I looked over at Garrett and he looked angrier than he had before. His hands were balled up into fists, and his lips were pursed. He didn't look like he was satisfied with life.

"Stephen, I'll be right back." He nodded and I got up and walked over by the van, making sure that Garrett saw that I was looking at him pointedly and that he saw where I was going.

From the bumper of the van, I saw him get up and walk towards me. "Did you need something?" he asked tiredly, but not unkindly.

"Are you okay with Stephen and me? Stephen thinks you want to cut him up into pieces and feed him to a dinosaur. He basically thinks you want to kill him because I chose him over you."

"I'm fine with Stephen and you."

"You're not looking me in the eye, you're biting your lip, and you're scratching the back of your neck. Don't lie to me, Garrett Daniel. It doesn't work."

"Who said I was lying?"

"You are so full of crap right now. I can see through all of it. I wasn't best friends with you for all these years for nothing."

"But we're not best friends anymore ever since this happened!"

I stayed silent. He was right. And the fact that it was true hurt.

"We don't hang out anymore," he continued, "We don't go comic book hunting or record store shopping. Even Trey misses you. We don't go to our spot. We don't do anything anymore. This is exactly what I was afraid of happening."

Then I got angry. "If you were so afraid of this happening, then why did you cheat on me?! This wouldn't have happened if you weren't disloyal! We would have been completely fine. But you cheated on me! So why are you angry with me, or Stephen?!"

He looked at me with complete disbelief. "You think I'm angry at you? I'm disappointed and angry at myself. You of all people should know that I would never get mad at you for mistakes I made. I'm mad that I cheated. I'm mad that I hurt you. I'm mad that I told you to pick him over me. I'm mad that he's better for you than me. I'm mad that I don't know what to do anymore. I'm mad that you could be carrying my baby, but we're pretending that that isn't even a possibility."

A tear slipped out of the corner of my eye and I wiped it away. "I'm sorry. I miss you. I wish I was with you. I want things the way they were."

"There's no turning back, Leigh."

"Could you please keep from giving Stephen death stares? It'd be nice."

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

"Love you, Leigh."

"Love you, Garrett. Always."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit odd writing about these boys the day after you've seen them live (x I had a wonderful time last night! Hahaha. And I hope you like this chapter by the way. Sort of long, but it makes up for the short chapter from before. Thank you to all the new subscribers and everyone who commented! Please check out the Garrett story I'm writing with EasyLioness, Easier To Lie