Status: done.

You Drain The Life From Me.

Trying to make it like it was

"Garrett, Garrett!"

He grumbled into the phone.

"You have to come see this!"

"Leigh, do you realize that it's..."

Garrett paused to check the time.

"...one o'clock in the afternoon?"

I rolled my eyes, but my smile just got wider.

"It's late, baby! You should be out of bed!"

"Well, there was this girl last night, she kind of tired me out. She drained the life from me." He chuckled at his own joke, using a line for the song he had written me.

A blush adorned my cheeks and I bit my lip.

"I think I deserve to stay in bed."

"No, seriously! Come see this! It's amazing!"

"Can't you just tell me what it is?"

"It involves food."

The line went silent as he contemplated whether or not he should get out of bed.

"Fine, I'll be there in ten."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


The doorbell rang and I rushed to open it.

Before I could even greet him, his lips were pressed to mine and I was walking backwards into the apartment. He kicked the door closed and smiled into the kiss.

"Good morning to you too," I breathed when he pulled away.

"Now what is it you wanted to show me?"

I skittered off into the kitchen and pulled open the fridge.

"So I was at the grocery store, looking for Captain Crunch and then when I went to go for milk, I stumbled upon this!"

I grabbed ahold of the can and shook it in his face.

He frowned. "Spray on butter? That's what you wanted to show me?"

My bottom lip stuck out. "But it's revolutionary," I defended quietly.

He chuckled.

"You are so cute."

"It's like the perfect grilled cheese enhancing tool!"

He raised his eyebrow. "Grilled cheese enhancing, huh?"

I nodded and started to smile.

"Wanna test it out, then?"

I nodded quickly and set down the can to get the pan, plates, spatula, bread, and cheese out.

I set the pan down on the stovetop and opened the pack of bread.

"I'm so excited to try it out, Gary!"

"I can tell, Leigh, I can tell."

I held the piece of bread vertically over the plate and pressed down on the nozzle. Butter came spraying out and I giggled in delight as I moved the can around to spray the butter evenly across the piece of bread.

"You get amazed by the smallest things," he observed in an amused tone of voice.

"You love it."

"And I love it."

"You forgot to get milk, didn't you? You got distracted by the butter and forgot the milk."

I froze and shifted my eyes to the bags on the counter. None of which contained milk.

"Maybe..."

He laughed quite loudly and shook his head.

"Sometimes, I swear..."

I covered two pieces and set one down on the pan and turned the stove on. I accidentally kept my hand too near the pan when I ignited the flame and burned my finger.

"Ow!"

"You okay, baby?"

"Y-Yeah. It just stings a little."

He took my finger in two of his and held it up to his face to examine it. "It's not burnt or anything."

"It's fine."

"Here." He pressed his lips to it. "All better."

Then he let go and ran into the bathroom to do God knows what. He came back with a small, long, flat object as I unwrapped two pieces of cheese and set them down on the bread.

"Gimme your finger."

I did as told, placing the last piece of bread on top, then flipping it over so the other side could grill.

When I got my finger back, the ouchie was wrapped in a Transformers band-aid.

"You are perfect, Garrett Nickelsen."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and set his chin down on my shoulder.

"I'm not perfect."

"Well whatever it is you're doing makes you seem like it."

"I'm glad you like it."

"I like your outfit today."

He looked down and examined it. Dark wash skinny jeans, black vans, grey v-neck, and black cardigan

"It's nothing special."

"At least it matches."

He laughed.

"Hey, have you convinced your mom to let you over yet?"

I had suggested that Garrett should sleep over for the next week - or three. But his mom was unsure. Of course she didn't know that most of the time, he probably wouldn't be sleeping. He would probably be busy doing other things.

"Yeah, she's getting there. I just have to wash her car and other stuff. But when I do all of that, she said I could stay over here as long as I helped you out with the grocery shopping and cleaning and stuff."

"Sounds good to me."

"Of course it does."

"But, um, try not to tell everyone, okay? Stephen doesn't actually know. If he found out, he'd flip a shit."

"Yeah yeah," Garrett grumbled.

"Turn that frown upside down cause now you get to have the first ever O'Callaghan grilled cheese made with spray on butter!"

I flipped the sandwich onto a plate and handed it to him.

"Sometimes I forget how much I love you," he said with a full mouth.

"Don't talk to me with food in your mouth, nasty!"

"Hey Leigh, I like seafood. See? Food!" he teased as he chewed with his mouth open in an exaggerated fashion.

I pushed him away with my hand.

"You're gross!"

He swallowed his food and kissed me on the nose.

"Love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I really really really liked this chapter. I've been waiting to update for a few days now, actually hahaha. It's dedicated to my friend Emily (meansomething) who inspired this by helping me freak out over the spray on butter that my mom bought me! Hahaha.

Please comment and subscribe ♥