Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Switchblades and Infedelity II

Sunday night, Mom forced me to go home. I didn’t want to leave Parker- he hadn’t improved at all. I shuffled into the house. Pat and the guys were watching TV in the living room. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a coke and some food to munch on. I hadn’t eaten in awhile. Pete and Joe came bouncing in later.

“Hey, Emz, where’s your boy?” Pete asked with a smile. I glared at him and stormed up to my room. I didn’t need that. I wouldn’t let my tears show.

Mom made me go to school the next day. I went with a sad heart. “Hello, Faculty, Staff, and Students- As many of you know, our star Receiver, Parker Lewis, received severe head trauma Friday night at the Football game. He’s in a coma at Glenview General Hospital. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as we observe a moment of silence in his honor.” It took everything within me to keep from crying.

Jake took the mic from me. “You just sit down and get it together.” He told me before switching it back on and read the daily announcements. When he was done, he flipped a few switches and sat next to me. “Wanna talk about it?”

“There’s nothing to talk about,” I shrugged off, standing up and throwing my backpack on my back. “My boyfriend of two years is in a coma. What more is there to say?”

“You know you don’t mean it that way.”

“Jake, I don’t know what to believe anymore.”

“If you ever need to talk-”

“I know.” I grumbled, walking out of the office. When I got into my Econ room, sympathy looks were cast my way. With a huff and mutter, I sat down in my seat. I got out my binder and a pen, waiting for Hell to end. Instead of taking notes like I was supposed to, I slept. I was prodded awake.

Pete smiled at me warmly. “The bell rang.”

“Thanks.” I didn’t expect him to wait for me, but he did.

“I’m sorry for what happened.”

“Yea, I know. Everyone’s sorry.”

“But is everyone also sorry for what they said?”

I glared at him.

“Emmy, if I knew, I wouldn’t have said anything. The guys didn’t tell me what happened until after you stormed up to your room.”

“Pete, just...drop it. Okay? Just drop it.” I walked away from him and went into my Bio class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cancer sucks. It really does. I hate it with the fiery passion of a million suns!

GAH! Now that that's all over with....ok. the last update had 11 readers, 3 comments. this is much better! Thank you to those 3 who commented. You should know by now that I'm horrible w/ names- seriously, it took me over 6 months to remember my BEST FRIEND'S name. Josie, you are in 20. I just wrote it last night. And anyone else who wants to be in it, I need girlfriends =D