Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Pretty in Punk II

*Pete’s POV*

I watched her as she walked into her classroom. Her shoulders dropped, making her appear shorter. Her green eyes didn’t hold their usual shine. The bags under her eyes were growing by the hour. Her hair was dirty- it fell in oily dark blonde strands around her face and shoulders. She looked as if she had lost weight- her pants sagged in all the wrong places and her shirts loosely draped over her. If I didn’t know any better, I would say that she was on hard-core drugs.

As I walked into my classroom, I remembered last night. Patrick had to force her to come home. We were hanging out in the living room when she came through the front door- she looked like a ghost. Being the insensitive jerk that I am, I asked her “where’s your boy?” tears welled up in her eyes as she ran up the stairs- taking two at a time. It wasn’t until later that I found out what had happened. I felt like a jerk- I still feel like one. Patel was droning on about something, but I didn’t pay attention. Instead, I thought back to all the times I had seen her and her boyfriend together.

It seemed to me like their attraction to each other was fading. She knew it, she just tried to hide it. He didn’t. He loved her. He told me several times. We had third, fourth, and sixth period together. He wasn’t like most jocks, but he was still a jock. Sure he was nice and all…but he was a jock. And jocks were bad news to me. He told me everything …well, almost everything that had happened with them. Adoration and pride was in his eyes every time he spoke about her. When she came into sixth period English the first day, his eyes lit up even more if it were possible.

But, that didn’t help my situation. Each day, I found myself liking her more and more. Sure, she was the head cheerleader and hung out with them- the insensitive preps- but she was so much more. She actually gave a shit about everyone in the school- I have yet to hear one bad thing about her- and she loves her brother to death. You don’t just go around meeting people like her- there’s like…a one in a million chance!!!! She actually wants to go somewhere in life- get out of this tiny town and make a splash in the big city.

I sighed and copied whatever was written on the board- knowing full well that I would not be able to follow it. The bell rang. I waited for Emmy outside the door. Pat nodded at me and continued walking. I looked inside the classroom. Emmy was agreeing with the teacher. She had a fake smile on- the corners of her eyes weren’t wrinkled. Her eyes didn't sparkle. She nodded her head once more and walked out the door.

“Hey, Emmy.” I greeted. She either ignored me or didn’t hear me. I hope it was the latter. We walked in silence to our next classes, where we separated.

God, I hope that she’s okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to show Pete's sensitive side. Don't get used to it. The next few are really sad. Oh, and I finally updated "Heaven" if you want to read it
=D Bree