Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Stop Burning Bridges and Drive off of Them

*Pat’s POV*

I knew instantly that something was wrong with Emmy when she walked through the door. That wasn’t how she walked or how she held herself. No, it was too masculine to be her. I slid out of the knot of bodies, faintly hearing them crash behind me as I ran up the stairs after her shell.

I waited by her door for all of a half second. They were trashing her room left and right. “Who are you?” I asked them.

They looked at me with sheer hatred. “You.” The voice was deep and spitting venom. They charged at me. I yelled out for Joe as they swung their fist at me. I blocked it and punched them in the stomach.

“Dude, you just punched Emmy.” I heard Joe say. My sister’s shell turned toward him.

“I’m not Amelia.” The voice was definitely low enough to be male and had that distinct New York accent. He then lunged at Joe. Joe reacted quickly, swinging back his fist and punching the new personality square in the jaw. The new personality fell to the ground.

“Thanks, man.” I breathed heavily.

“Anytime.” He said, trying to catch his breath. “So, new personality?”

“Yea, I think it’s a male one. Did you hear the depth of it?”

“Yea. Want me to call Dr. Bennington?”

“Please.” I said, lifting my twin’s body off the ground and moving it to the bed. I walked into the upstairs bathroom and dampened a towel. I walked back into her room and put it on her forehead.

Joe walked in a minute later. “He’s on his way- said something about you grabbing your acoustic. I think it’s best if we clear everyone out.”

“Yea. I’ll tell them. You grab my acoustic. It’s in the basement on a stand.” He nodded his head and went down the steps before me. I locked Emmy’s room and went down the stairs.
“Hey, guys, Emmy’s not feeling too well. I hate to do this but can you leave?” Andy and the girls shrugged their shoulders before grabbing their jackets.

Chris and will stood stock still. “Need anything?” they asked.

I shook my head. “Nah, me and Joe got it.” I said.

Josie came up to me with a sad and confused expression. “What’s going on?” she asked softly.

“Nothing.” I said bluntly. Ok, so it had a bit more of an edge to it, but I had to put her feelings aside for the time being. My twin needed me- that was my first priority.

“I’m not an idiot. What’s wrong with Emmy?”

I didn’t look in her eyes. “Nothing. She just needs peace and quiet. Go home.”

“Fine. Call me when you get that stick out of your ass.” She snapped before storming away. The others were less of a hassle, they just left with a small wave and shut the door.

“Hey, here it is. Need me to call your mom?”

My face softened as Joe handed me the guitar. “Nah. She doesn’t need to worry over something we can handle.”

He nodded his head. “Okay. I’ll stay here for backup.”

That’s why Joe is so great. He normally asks only three questions in situations like this: who needs to die, at what time will I kill them, and if I need help. Great, now I’m comparing him a mob lackey. And to think that today started out so well. Emmy had finally met my girlfriend…well, at the rate I was going, she wouldn’t be mine after a while-

“Get out of your head. She’ll be fine. It’s just like when we first met Elle. Well, we had Chris here then…but it’s the same thing.”

I nodded my head. “Yea, but what made her create a new personality? Practice couldn’t have been that bad.”

He nodded his head and thought for a bit. “When was her last session?”

I shrugged, mentally kicking myself for not paying attention to when she went into Chicago.

“It has to be somewhere between a month and a week. She’s either been at the hospital, school, the park or here these last few days.”

I groaned and shoved my head in my hands.

“Stop blaming yourself. None of us had really paid attention- you know how the last few days have been stressful on everyone.” He put a hand on my shoulder.

The doorbell rang. I jumped up and saw Dr. Bennington. “She’s in her room. I think she created another personality.” I said blurted out instead of a proper greeting. He was used to this. He walked past me and went up to her room.

~*~
Dr. Bennington used that stuff that cops use to quickly revive an unconscious person. Her body writhed against the restraints we had to place on her. Dr. Bennington leaned back in his seat. Joe and I watched from the back corner of the room.

“Do you know who I am?” Dr. Bennington asked.

Her body pulled against the restraints once more before settling down. “Yea, I know ‘oo you are.” It was the deep voice again- the man.

Dr. Bennington nodded. “Now that we have that cleared up, who are you and where are you from?

“Jakob. I’m from da Bronx. Can ‘oo gemme outta these? ‘minds me a da time I was in da state pen.”

Dr. Bennington nodded and scribbled something down. “I see. Do you know who they are?” He asked, pointing to us.

Jakob nodded. “Yea, they da reason why I herr. She need me.”

“In what way?”

“Haven’t been takin care of ‘er. She’s skerred. Lost. Ain’t got no ‘un ta protect ‘er since Parker died.”

“Is that why you attacked them?”

“Look, I not saw’y fer punchin them. They ‘served it. Didn’t take care a ‘er like dey shoulda.”

“Can I talk to Emmy?”

“Can you release me fro’ these thin’s?”

“Will you attack?”

“Nah. She not as skerred anymore.”

“Ok. Patrick, Joseph, come help me.” We did. It took everything within me from punching that smug look off his face. How dare he say that I wasn’t protecting my twin? That’s just rude.

“Dr. Bennington? What are you doing here?” That was my Emmy.

“I should be asking you why you missed you last three appointments. We can’t integrate them back if you keep ignoring me and pushing everyone away.”

She bowed her head. “Pat, Joe, leave.” We nodded our heads and walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea. interesting story to go along w/ my whole "learning ebonics" I was hopeless. I IMed and acquaintance (met him in a Yahoo! chatroom) from the Bronx and I was like "teach me how to speak black, b/c I'm one of the whitest chicks I know" he laughed as I failed miserably...BUT it's the thought that counts.

Yea. So, what do you think of Jakob? pretty interesting, eh? (great! Now I'm Canadian!) Find out why he was created in the next chapter!