Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

This is Side One

*Joe’s POV*

Pat’s foot was on the accelerator as he drove us to his house. He was speed ing for two reasons: it was band practice and the girls weren’t invited since it was a closed set. But the majority of the speeding was because Emmy left school during second period today and no one knew why.

I had always liked her- well, not like that in a really long time. But, she was always so nice to me and the rest of the guys. I knew her back before everything had happened. Back to when her dad was in her life and she was normal. I missed that Emmy. That Emmy didn’t have unpredictable mood swings and various personalities that I had to watch out for. But, that Emmy is dead. She’s never coming back.

Emmy hasn’t ceased to amaze me since that horrible Halloween- it’s why she doesn’t like that day. She’s been as strong as anyone could when faced with that kind of betrayal. She tries to blast through everything now instead of slowing down and enjoying the scenery. She’s always in a hurry. She had no patience for putting theories into practice. You ask her about anything, and she would give you a long, detailed response dealing solely for the theory of the matter, but never the practice. She always said that she wasn’t adept for it, but never really gave anything a try. That’s why, to fill her arts requirement, she took Music History and Theory…not art, theater, chorus, or band…but the theory.

When Parker was alive, I wondered if he ever saw one of her personalities. How did he react? I bet he just thought it was “that time of the month.” I hope he held Elle and told Janet to take it easy. I would also find myself daydreaming what it was like to date a girl with Split Personality. Not Emmy, as I’ve said before- she’s too much like a sister to me. But, it would be interesting to meet someone else like her, rare as it is.

Patrick swung into his drive and threw the car in park, leaving the keys in the ignition. He ran into his house. The others- Chris, Pete, and I, went slower. Pete got a call on his phone. He waved us inside as he took it. Chris and I shrugged and followed our best friend inside.

We found Pat and Emmy in a tight hug. It was a total Kodak moment and I wished that I had my camera. Chris and I looked at each other before shrugging and joining the hug. It meant that she was ok, not the best, but ok- she could make it with the right amount of support.

Pete barreled into the room not even five minutes later. He looked winded, but excited at the same time. “You will never believe who I just got off the phone with!”

“Ooh! I know! Was it Trya Banks?” Chris said sarcastically.

“No. better. It was and RP guy from Island Records. He was at the show Saturday and he wants to sign us!”

We all sat where we were, letting the news sink in. Chris was the first to move.

“Wait, what?!”

Pete just nodded. “Yea, we’re getting singed after one show. He wants to meet us tomorrow after school. Isn’t this great?!”

Pat and Chris jumped up and hugged him. I felt Emmy relax in my hold.

“That’s really great, guys. I’m so proud of you.” My head, along with the other’s, snapped in her direction. That wasn’t Emmy. Emmy would be jumping around and screaming with us. She noticed our awkward stares and giggled. “You should start practicing. I’ll be fine, promise.”

Pat motioned for me to follow as he pushed the other two out. I caught up to him.

“What happened today?” I asked in a hushed whisper. Pete still wasn’t allowed to know.

Pat shrugged. “I don’t know, but I’m going to find out.”

That was it. End of conversation. Practice was…interesting. None of us were really all there. I hope that we can fix this…soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun......yea, I got bored. Next one's a good 'un. 5 comments till you get it