Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Flip Me Over

*Joe’s POV*

After practice, Pat volunteered me to go talk to the new personality. I was getting the sneaking suspicion that he had something to do with the formation of this new one. Grumbling, I made my way up to her room. I knocked softly on it before entering. She was writing in an old journal.

Emmy used to do that

She looked up and smiled. “Is there anything I can do for you?”

I leaned on the door frame. “Yea, wanna go for a walk?”

She nodded and neatly placed the journal away. Everything about this personality was neat and orderly, but not in an OCD kind of way. “Ok, I’m ready.” I stuffed my hands in my jean pockets and walked down the stairs after her. We walked for about a block before I finally got up the courage to ask her.

“So, what’s your name?”

“Sadie.”

I nodded. “And why are you here?”

“Patrick wanted the old Emmy back. I’m the closest thing she could find.”

I stopped in my tracks and stared at her.

She looked back at me and smiled. “He didn’t tell you, did he?”

I shook my head.

“Oh! The jungle gym! Let’s go!” she sprinted toward the evil metal contraption. I always hurt myself on it somehow. “Come on, Joe!”

I walked up to the base and looked up at her. “Nuh-uh. Ask Elle. I always hurt myself.”

She nodded. “Yes, she told me something along those lines. I smiled and climbed up partially. “So, Sadie, how old are you?”

“I’ll be nineteen next month. What about you?”

“I’m seventeen.”

She nodded. “Yea, dad got me a car when I was that age. It was so gorgeous! A ’69 powder blue Camaro, fully loaded! Ah, it was to die for…but then my brother, Shawn, totaled it. I was so pissed at him! He didn’t even ask if he could borrow it!”

I nodded. “Tell me more about yourself.”

She explained that she was from Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania. Her mom was a hairdresser and her dad was a pilot for the Army. He was retired now, but he still flew helicopters from base to base when they needed him. Her brother, Shawn, was a year younger than her and was as annoying as he could be, but she still loves him. “…and, well, that’s my life.”

“Sounds really interesting.”

“Well, what about you?”

“Me?”

“Yea, you. You know practically everything about me and I don’t know anything about you.”

“Not much to say, really. I mean, I’ve lived here my entire life. I have average grades, no extracurricular activities. I’m lazy and love food too much. I know every line to every brat-pack movie. I’m lead guitar in the band…”

“And now you’re about to be signed to a record label. That’s a pretty interesting life if you ask me.”

I hated how right she was.

She smiled. “You know I’m right.”

“I never said you weren’t”

Still smiling, she climbed down and grabbed my wrist. She pulled me to where the stage was still set up. I climbed on it after her. She went up to where the mic was and looked back at me. “This is where you belong. You actually fit in with this set up. You were born to get out of this town. So is Emmy, but not for the same reasons. She’s going to be a great neurosurgeon. I can tell. I’m good about guessing these kinds of things.”

I looked out at the large stretch of greenery in front of us. I was so nervous when I first saw that it was covered with people. Looking at it now, I was a little disappointed. I missed the crowd screaming for more songs. I was so wrapped up in memory that I didn’t realize Sadie walking up to me.

“You miss it. You miss the roar of the crowd. Make Pat take the record deal. He doesn’t need to worry about Emmy. She’s in good hands. We’ll take care of her.”

I looked up at her. Even though I know they were Emmy’s eyes, there was another light behind them. “I know you will.”

Sadie nodded. “Come on, let’s get back to the house.”

I nodded. “Can you bring Emmy back?”

She shook her head. “No, she needs a break.”

I nodded my head and grabbed her hand. She smiled at me. “It’s good to know that you’re loved.”

We spent the rest of the walk home in silence. Less than a few yards from the driveway, she looked at me and smirked. “Tag!” she screamed before running up the steps.

That was Emmy

I grinned and chased after her. She ran and leapt onto the couch beside Pete. I launched myself on top of her. Pete got out of the way quickly “Gottcha! I caught the Emmy!” she struggled and we both rolled off of the couch. I kept my hold on her and began to tickle her once I got the upper hand.

“Joe! You’re such a douchebag! Stop! Get off me!”

“Ya know, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think that Joe was raping my little sister.” I heard Patrick say from the kitchen.

Emmy giggled underneath me and stopped fighting. I looked down at her. “Aweh! Don’t quit! You looked so cute!” I cooed to her, knowing full well that I was in a world of pain when I let her go.

She quickly maneuvered her way from underneath me and began hitting the shit out of me. “OW! Emmy! Stop!”

Chris calmly pulled her off of me and on to his lap.

“Well, hello there, Sexy.” She said with a “smirk” on her face.

“Emmy, I can’t believe that you made Joe sound like a whipped bitch,” he said seriously. I was waiting for the punch line. “Congrats! You’re my new hero.” And there it is. He squealed and wrapped his arms tighter around her waist. Giggling, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Hey! That’s for the bedroom!” Pat yelled.

Shrugging, Chris stood up with her in his arms and began walking away. Pat grabbed the back of her shirt.

“Whoa, not with her. You can take care of it yourself.” Pat smirked. Pete and I cracked up before stealing Emmy and hiding her away in the master bath.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...these last two were a little insight to how other people see Emmy. It's the last one for the night...I'm only maybe two chapters ahead...which is not good. Keep the comments coming. 5 per update, as always.

And I feel really bad that I completely forgot Billie Joe's b-day yesterday, so this is for him (even though I know he doesn't care) lol.