Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

And I Know I Should Be Home

The band, Andy, Will, and the girls came charging in no less than five minutes after Dr. Bennington left. I was tackled to the couch by four blobs. After I was sufficiently suffocated (I’m a poet!), the girls climbed off of me, leaving Pete. His chin was resting on my stomach, giving me a poor view. I raised one of my eyebrows in confusion.

“What? you’re comfy!” he then began nuzzling into my skin.

I looked over at the guys in confusion. “Well, are you going to help or just sit there and watch?!” I exclaimed. Smiling, Joe and Will grabbed his arm and roughly pulled the bassist off of me. Pete landed on the floor with a loud oomf.

I laughed and dashed across the room and on to my twin’s back. Having done this a million times, he was ready for me, and only swayed slightly under the force of impact. I laughed and looked around, noticing that Chris was missing.

“Where’s my son, Luke Skywalker?” I asked, referencing our childhood nicknames.

“The Sith Queen decided that he wasn’t allowed to be in the band, so we’re looking for a singer.” Pat said from underneath me.

“No you’re not. Hon, you can be the singer! And Andy could be the drummer!” I hopped off of him and grabbed one of Pat’s wrist along with Andy’s before running downstairs. I threw Andy behind the drum set and threw Pat toward the mic stand. “Stay there.” I commanded before running up the stairs and grabbing the other two members. The girls and Will followed me down. I threw the bassist and lead guitarist in their respected spots. “See? We have a band! Now play, damn you!”

“See, this is why we dubbed you Vader and not Laya.”

“Hey! That’s mean!” Will chimed in, but I drowned him out.

“Shut the hell up, Chewy, and play!” I commanded before jumping on the old couch in front of them. Josie, Will, Cynth, and Kay joined me.

Pat turned back to look at Andy. “I can play Chris’ rhythm guitar part. Do you know the counts?”

“Yupp.”

Pat’s jaw dropped to the floor. “But you only heard us play once!”

“Patrick, I’m a drummer. Remembering beats comes easy to me.”

Pat nodded slowly before grabbing his old electric. “Um, ok, let’s play Honorable Mention. That’s pretty easy.” Andy counted them off and the rest of the band played. They sounded pretty good.

“I didn’t know Pat could sing.” Josie whispered in my ear during their second song.

I laughed. “Yea, he can. He’s just too damn shy. Mom and Mrs. Whittaker across the street used to joke that we secretly shared a brain. Since he’s the creative one, he got the right side and I got the left since I’m more mathematically and scientifically inclined.” I said with a small smile, remembering the day.

“they’re really good. I can’t wait until they get famous and all the little teenie’s will be like: Oh My Gawd! I like, so love them! They’re so effin hawt!” Kay imitated in a Valley Girl voice.

The girls, Will, and I started laughing.

“Yea, and guess who the ones behind the stage will be? Oh yea, that’s right, we will! boo-frickin-yea!” Josie added.

“Hey! No laughing from the Peanut Gallery! We can’t concentrate!” Pete yelled.

“Oh! Hear that, girls? Little Petey can’t do two things at once!” I cooed. “Let’s leave this boys to their toys. Grams is bound to have good food in her house.” I jumped up and ran up the stairs. Will was hot on my heels with the girls trailing in our wake. I grabbed my keys and ran across the street.

“Grams! I’m hungry! And we have company!” I exclaimed. She came bustling in from the kitchen.

“I figured we would. How many am I feeding this time?” she asked kindly. This is why I loved her!

I scrunched up my face in thought. “erm…eight? Not including you? Yea, that sounds about right.”

She nodded. “Hey Willy-baby.” She said, wrapping Will up in a hug. He turned a little pink, seeing as how Cynthia was trying so hard to suppress her giggling. Grams let him go and looked over at the newcomers. “Well, are you going to introduce me to my new grandchildren or what?”

“Grams, this is my girlfriend, Cynthia, and no- you may not tell her highly embarrassing stories about me and the twins when we younger. To her right is Kay, Andy- another one of your long lost grand children- girlfriend. And that leaves Josie, our dear Patrick’s girlfriend.”

“Who you can tell all the embarrassing stories about as long as I’m not in them” I chimed in. Will and I hi-fived as four disgruntled boys came through the door. “Hiya, Patty-kins! Were your ears burning?”

He narrowed his eyes at me. “Why?” he asked suspiciously. I smiled innocently. “You did not just tell them that mom caught me making out with the mirror when we were eleven, did you?!” he hollered.

“No, but you did.” I said before taking off. I distanced myself from the laughter. The only sound that filled my ears were the clumsy footfalls of my twin. Luckily, Grams had the house “Stump proofed” when we were little and just kept it that way. I ran and swerved through the house before ending back at the kitchen and hopping on Joe’s back. I looked over to see Grams shake her head and started mixing ingredients for dinner.

“Emz,” Pat wheezed, clutching on the door frame when he finally caught up. "That…was…evil.” I just grinned, a feeling of accomplishment.

“But you love me!”

“You tricked me!”

“No I didn’t!”

“Yes, you did!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

“Will you two shut the hell up?! Sorry, grams.” Pete said.

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m used it.”

I hopped off of Joe’s back. “Grams, this is Andy.”

“We met.”

“Oh, well, when’s dinner going to be ready?”

“20 minutes.

“Need help?”

“No, Honey, I have it.”

I smiled and went into the living room, where I claimed the couch.

The others filed in behind me, pairing up as they went. Joe lifted up my feet and placed himself under me. He knew all too well not to move my head. I was looking over at Andy and Kay “fighting” in the corner. They were in their own little world. I missed that feeling. I grew a little envious, knowing that I won’t have that for a while. Just as I was about to glare holes into them, I was met with a crotch in my face.

“Whoa! Crotch shot!” I yelled, still staring at the fabric. I tilted my head and looked into Pete’s amused eyes. “Hello, Clarice.” I said, failing the line since I was two seconds away from laughing my ass off from embarrassment.

He smirked down at me. “You fail, now get out of my seat.”

“Nuh-uh. It’s been my spot since I was eighteen months old. So there!” I stuck my tongue out at him and snuggled further into the couch pillow. I was taken by surprise when he lifted me up and placed himself under me, just like Joe had done. I turned to face him and “glared.”

He just smirked down at me. “What? You have to share Emmy. Didn’t they teach you that in pre-school?”

I stuck my tongue out at him again. “You’re a meanie.” I said childishly before turning my head back to its original position.

“Are you comfy?”

“Not really. There’s this small hard thing at the back of my head.” I said, looking at the happy couples in the room. Distantly, I heard Joe let out a cackle.

“I am not small and I don’t have a hard on right now!” everyone’s head shot in our direction.

“suuure, you don’t.” I was looking at the bemused faces of our friends. Wait, did I just say friends?

“I should shove you off for that.”

“But you won’t.”

“Joe, tickle her feet!”

“Nuh-uh. Emmy has legs of steel and she’ll knock me out again.”

I turned back to look at him and grinned. “I win.”

He shoved me off. He shoved me off! He smirked down at me.

“Dinner’s ready!” Grams called. Everyone charged into the dining room. Pete hung back and offered his hand. Suspiciously, I grabbed his hand. My paranoia was set at ease when he pulled me up and didn’t let go.

“Thanks.”

“No prob.” He answered with a smile
♠ ♠ ♠
Comedic relief. Forewarning: the next one is really graphic. If you have a weak stomach, go on and skip it.

DUDE! can you believe it?! two away from 100 comments! I'm so excited! anyhoo, 5 till the next update!