Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Grenade Jumper

*Pete’s POV*

Emmy and Patrick weren’t at school today. Joe and Chris went on as if nothing was wrong. Sure, they may have known the twins longer, but the rest of us weren’t fooled. We knew that they weren’t “sick” as Chris and Joe had said they were. Something was going on, and I planned on cracking this mystery wide open.

Currently, we- Joe, Chris, Andy, Kay and I- were sitting in the quad during lunch. The others were in a different lunch period. Never in my life had I been so bores as I was now. I sat back and leaned on my elbows.

“Why is it so boring?” I groaned.

Andy and Kay stopped their disgusting relationship whatever and looked at me.

“Um, maybe it’s because we’re missing the twins?” Kay asked.

I grumbled. “I already knew that!”

“What’s your problem? She just answered your question.” Andy stood up for his girlfriend. They disgusted me. Yes, we know you two are going out so you don’t have to flaunt it every time you two are together!!!

“What are you talking about? I’m fine. It’s you two that are disgusting.”

“Shut the hell up, Wentz. Just because you’re crush with Emmy is going nowhere, doesn’t mean that you can bring everyone’s mood down. Grow the balls and just ask her out instead of being some pathetic heap.” This was the first time I had seen Andy even remotely. It was pretty scary.

“Lay off him, Andy. He’s just man- PMSing.” Joe grumbled. He was strewn out across the lawn.

Groaning, I flopped to the ground and began to think. “Guys, it’s been almost two months. Do you think that she would consider going out with me?” I asked to the sky.

No one replied. I peeked over at them. Sure enough, they were all still there. All of them having identical confused expressions. Kay was the first to shake her head before getting up and going into the building. Andy quickly followed her. I looked over at Chris and Joe.

“What?”

“Dude, you’re a jack-ass. Barely two months is not enough time to get over your first love.” Chris said.

“What do you know about it? None of you have girlfriends.”

“I know Emmy. She’s practically been my sister ever since day care. She won’t be ready for a long time.” Joe tried to reason with me.

I shook my head and stood up. “Nah, I missed out on Homecoming and the Halloween Dance tonight. I’ll ask her out tonight. Maybe we can do something tonight.”

Chris and Joe shot up. “Not today. Never today.” Joe said hurriedly. I narrowed my eyes in confusion. “Trust me, if you like her as much as you say you do, you will not even think about going over there today. Tomorrow will be fine. Not today. Never today.”

“Ok, that’s a bit melodramatic.”

“Pete, please. Just promise you won’t go over there today.”

“Wanna tell me why?”

They both shook their heads. “We’re sworn t secrecy. Emmy will tell you when she’s ready.”

“Did Parker know?”

“No. he didn’t.”

I let a small smile slip on to my face. If I played my cards right, I would finally have one up on that jock.

“Ok. I won’t go there today. Tomorrow, though. Tomorrow will be the day.”

They just nodded as the bell rang, signaling for us to go to fifth period.
♠ ♠ ♠
meh...I know. Static interference on all airwaves. 5 comments