Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

I'm Writing You A Chorus/ Here Is Your Verse

*Sadie’s POV*

Pete was such a sweet and caring guy. I didn’t get why she never wanted to give him a chance. I didn’t get why she never told him about us. He would understand. Even when we were in the background and he touched her, we could feel her skin tingle and the butterflies bouncing off the walls in her stomach. She liked him. She did. But she would never admit it to herself. She was running herself into the ground and she didn’t even notice. She didn’t care.

Pete brushed away a strand of hair from her face and smiled. “I’m so happy you said yes.” He whispered before capturing her lips. I smiled into the kiss and kissed back. It was purely innocent, only lips involved. I knew that Emmy wouldn’t be able to stand it if I took it too far, too fast. When we pulled away, his smile was even bigger. He wrapped his arms tighter around her waist and nuzzled his way into the crook of her neck.

I could feel the tingles of her body’s response. I knew the others could feel it, too. He was planting butterfly kisses there, nothing more, but it sent her body into overdrive. Her body was still going off the high when he placed one final kiss on the nape of her neck.

I turned to face him and smiled. “I’m happy you asked.” I said before pressing a quick kiss to his lips. The knock on the door completely ruined the door. I sighed and got up. He wouldn’t let go of my hand. Aweh, and to think she doesn’t want this.

I opened the door to be greeted by Dr. Bennington. “Hello, Dr. B, how may I help you?”

“You’re an hour late for you appointment.”

He’s smart and nice. He knows not to say a name unless if he absolutely knows who it is. “I’m sorry, Dr. B, can we reschedule?” a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her waist.

Dr. Bennington looked up at him. “I’m sorry, young man, but can I talk to her alone?”

“Only if you tell me who you are.” Pete counteracted.

“I’m-”

“A family friend, Pete. Don’t worry. I’ll be right there.” I kissed his lips lightly before stepping out of the house and closing the door behind me.

“Sadie, did you say that you would date that boy?”

I didn’t respond.

“Sadie, you’re going to confuse him and Emmy!” Dr. B. scolded.

“She likes him, though! We can hear it in her thoughts! Even Jakob is starting to complain about it. He keeps urging her to go through with it, but she can’t hear us!” I explained.

“Sadie, go back in there and say goodbye to your brother and the boy. I’ll be waiting in the car with Brittany. Go, now.” I slumped and walked back into the house. Pete was standing in the foyer, waiting for me. I smiled and walked up to him. I kissed him quickly.

“Something’s just come up and I have to go. I’ll see you later tonight, right?”

He nodded his head.

“Good, tell Patrick that I left with Dr. B. He’ll know what you’re talking about. Goodbye.” I kissed him quickly once more before leaving.

“Hey, Sadie!” Brittany exclaimed from the back seat.

“Hey, Brittany!” I yelled back with equal enthusiasm.

“Guess what?! I met the most amazing guy yesterday at your school! His name is Joe.”

“We know a Joe! Wait, you’re going to school with us now?”

She nodded. “Yes, Joe. And we moved closer to you so that we can help you out!”

“That’s great! You can meet all of our friends!”

“Girls, enough. Sadie, sit forward.” Grumbling, I sat correctly in my seat. I didn’t know where we were, just that we were still in Wilmette. “Ok, Sadie, this is the house. You come here when you or the others have a problem, okay?”

I nodded my head. “Sure.” I just won’t tell you that I have no idea where we are.

I opened the door and Brittany grabbed my hand. “Come on, I want to show you my room! then we can look at yours!”

“Brittany, let go. I need to talk to Sadie for a little bit. Go up to your room until I call for you.”

Brittany nodded her head and ran upstairs. Dr. B took me into the kitchen.

“Do you want anything? Water, Pop, coffee?”

I scrunched my face. “What is with everyone and coffee? No, I don’t want anything. What do you want to talk about?”

He sat down opposite of me at the table. “Sadie, you’re clearly a smart girl. You’re funny, charming, you get along great with everyone…but…”

“I’m not Emmy.” I finished for him. “And I know that. It’s just, she needs me. Us. She needs all of us to survive. She’s not strong enough.”

“But she is. Watch, if you let her go through whatever is causing her discomfort, you will see how strong she really is. It’s ridiculous that she needs four of you to begin with! She’s the strongest person with DPD that I have ever heard of or come into contact with.”

I just fiddled with her hands. They aren’t even mine. Mine were paler and shorter. Hers are long and slender…like a pianist, even though she would never try it. I would…maybe, if I had her hands. I think I’ll actually do that someday. Pete has a piano in his house.

“Sadie, how long do you plan on staying?”

I shrugged my shoulders. Will forever be alright with you?

“I want you to let her control her life right now.”

I shook my head. “I can’t.”

“And why not?”

“Jakob is threatening to kill you. I can hear him. He thinks I’m doing the right thing.”

“How so?”

“Because, by doing this, I can see if Pete is trustworthy and if he will have a good relationship with Emmy. It’s foolproof.”

“How is not remembering her first date with her new boyfriend foolproof? Isn’t that what females in general like? To remember the first time they ever tried something? You would be robbing her.”

“That’s easy. I’ll write it in her diary.”

“She doesn’t use her diary anymore. You do realize that the last one she received was from her father, correct?”

“Yes, I am aware of that. BUT! I can make her believe that she started writing in them again, that she’s always written in them.”

“How so?”

“I would write the entries myself, silly.”

“Your handwriting looks nothing like hers.”

“Well…” I was running out of ideas. “I know! You could implant a memory during hypnosis!”

“It doesn’t work like that, Sadie. All of those Sci-fi movies are wrong. You can’t implant memories. The brain is too intricate and complex. And you also can’t make them carry out anything they wouldn’t do when they aren’t hypnotized.”

“Pft. That’s ridiculous! You should be able to. Can I hang out with my best friend now?”

He sighed and leaned back in his seat. “Go ahead.”

Smiling, I got up and wandered upstairs. All I had to do was listen out for music. And there it is! Green Day’s “Basket Case.” Perfect. I opened the door and smiled.

“Come, come!” I did, sitting on the bed right next to her. “So? What was that all about?”

I rolled her eyes. “He was getting on my case, as usual. Why doesn’t he understand that Emmy isn’t ready for the world? She’s not strong enough!”

Brittany looked at me, sympathy evident in her eyes. “Well, I don’t know what’s going on in her head, but I do know that I don’t like it when Sora takes over for long intervals of time. It even bothers me when she does it for sporadic bursts of time. It’s like whiplash. All I have are broken fragments of time, leaving me more confused than anything. How is that good for me? For others like me? For her?”

Damn, she has a point. “Let’s not talk about that. So, onto Joe. When, how, where? What happened? Dish it out!”

She shook her head at me. “No, you need to sort out Emmy before you can even think about getting into my head.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Confusing Genitive case? I told you. If you're still confused, PM me and I'll help you out. 7 till the next post

Aside: can you believe that I'm actually writing two ahead now? It's amazing. lol