Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

But There's a Light on in Chicago

*Pete’s POV*

We recorded three songs: Pretty in Punk, Honorable Mention, and Calm Before the Storm. Patrick still didn’t know that he was really singing about his own sister. I was missing Emmy more and more by every minute of the five-fucking hours we spent recording. I don’t know exactly what happened this morning, but it was a miracle. She was even more on my mind now than when I was crushing on her.

I wasn’t even paying attention to the others. My hands knew where to be on the fret board and what string to hit at the right times. This is why it’s great to be a bassist. You’re not carrying the music like the electrics and drums, you’re the background. I played the last note. Once I was sure that the mics were turned off, I sighed and took my bass off of me.

“Ok. That was good. We’ll leave it at that for now. See you next week.” Damien, our producer said. Patrick, Joe, and Andy nodded before putting their instruments away. Well, scratch that. Patrick and Joe put their guitars away and Andy pocketed his drumsticks. I locked the clasps and picked up my case.

“Guys, I’ll be in the car if you need me.” I stated before walking out of the room. When I got out of the building, I pulled my phone out and dialed Emmy’s number. I had to hear her voice. I don’t know why, but I was already addicted to after only officially going out for about six hours. This can’t be normal.

“Hello?” she answered, giggling the entire time.

“Hey, honey. What are you up to?”

“Nothing. Brittany and I were just hanging out and talking.”

Brittany: I still haven’t met her, but Emmy talks about her constantly. “Oh, really? Were you talking about a certain stunningly handsome and awesome boyfriend?” I said teasingly.

“Um, sorry, Pete, but I forgot to tell you that I’m in total lust with Joe-troh. Sorry, but it’s not going to work out.” She said sarcastically.

I put out my bottom lip even though I knew she couldn’t see me. “That hurt, it really did.”

She laughed. “I was just kidding, but hey, let me call you back. Brittany keeps giving me funny looks. When are you going to be home?”

“We just got out of the studio, so…in an hour?”

“Ok. Can you call me when you get home? I’ll get Dr. B to drive me back since I have no idea where I am.”

“Ok, see you then, Sweetie.”

“Mwah.”

Dial tone

Sighing, I hung up and looked up to see the rest of the guys giving me funny looks. “What?”

Andy shook his head. Patrick and Joe were having a silent conversation. I cocked my head to one side.

“What?!” I asked, louder this time.

Pat and Joe jumped a bit and looked at me.

“Nothing, man. Just, take it a little slower.” Patrick said.

“You mean to a grinding halt? Sheesh, you act like she’s made of glass! She’s a big girl now, let her make her own choices for once. Besides, we’ve only been going out for a day. I’m not going to fuck her yet. I respect her more than that.”

Patrick muttered under his breath to Joe before climbing into the passenger seat. I was about to ask why they were whispering to each other, but decided against it. I still wanted to be on Patrick’s good side for as long as possible. Only one question plagued my mind.

What’s with all the secrets?
♠ ♠ ♠
haha. I agree with Pete, for once. I felt like such an idiot last night talking to my old psych teacher. GAH! apparently, I've been mixing up the names. DPD is something completely different! What we're dealing with is Multiple Personality Disorder (MDP) or referred to in the pysch business- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID). My bad. Please forgive me. I will now refer to it as "DID"
If you're just tuning in, don't pay attention to me. I fixed it (I hope) in the previous chapters. I may have missed one or two.
and since a few of you got a little confused, I posted a "FOG Personality" blurp to help you out. You don't really need it, but it never hurts since it does explain a few things. 7 comments until the next post