Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Moving Pictures

Pete’s POV

“Peter, stop fiddling with that thing! You were supposed to be at your grandmother’s twenty minutes ago!” mom yelled from downstairs. How she knew I was strumming my bass- which was unplugged- I will never know. I guess it’s just a mom thing or something. Groaning, I got off my bed and put my bass back in its case. I trudged downstairs and out of the house.

When I got to the door of my grandmother’s house, I fidgeted on the top steps for all of two seconds before sucking it up and knocking on the door. I heard giggling coming from inside and then loud footfalls. ‘What is going on in there?’ I thought to myself before knocking rapidly on the wooden door again. When it opened, I was in complete shock. ‘It’s her! That chick that tripped over Pandora! Shit! Be cool!’

She asked me if I was “Peter,” I said yes and walked into the house whilst asking her for hers. When she said that she was Emmy, I completely flipped out. A girl this cool could not be the same one that my parents and I thought was scamming money off of my grandma. She defended herself and walked into the kitchen. I briefly wondered if she had a boyfriend before I followed her.

She looked so cute when she was mad. I think I already blew my chance to get her if she was single, so I just played the cool card by taking a cookie off the sheet and shoving it into my mouth. I t would have been perfect, if not for the sheer heat that radiated off of it. ‘Great, now she thinks that I’m an idiot that can’t take pain.’

Grandma came in two seconds later and started talking to her like she was one of us. Like she was part of the family. The phone rang and Emmy went to get it. I could hear her yelling at whoever was on the other line. She came back and said that she had to leave. I was a little disappointed. I wanted to talk to her. To know more about her, but I guess that will have to wait. I’ll just subtly ask grandma and the “idiots” that may be coming over later. She left. Her gimp was less visible, but still there.

“So, how do you like Emmy? She’s a really nice girl. She and her brother are wonderful kids. I can’t believe this is their last year in school.” Grandma looked at the door adoringly. She then snapped her head in my direction. “So, Peter, what have you been up to? Have you settled in?”

She ushered me over to the living room and sat me down on the couch. She took the chair. “It’s been good. Marley likes the house, but Pandora…she’s already figured out how to escape.”

Grandma chuckled. “Well, she is a smart one-”

“Grams! We’re hungry!!!” a distinct male voice yelled.

“Oh, that would be the boys.” She fussed, getting up from her chair and walking toward the kitchen. “Boys! How many of you are there?”

“Four.” The same voice said, coming into view. He was stocky, with strawberry blonde hair, a pudgy face, and thick-rimmed glasses. He had on a hat that looked like it belonged to his grandfather. We locked eyes.

“Greetings!” He said. “I am Han Solo, this is my trusty sidekick Chewbacca, that’s Luke, and the one looking like a pansy over there is Princess Laya.”

I cracked up.

“That’s not fair!” the “princess” exclaimed. “I thought we said that I was Vader since Emmy’s Laya!”

“Uhm, no.” ‘Luke’ stated. “Remember, Emmy can kick your ass. You stick to being Laya.”

“Wait! How do you know Emmy?” I asked, completely puzzled.

‘Han’ looked at me weirdly. “She’s my sister, dude. Are you feeling alright?”

“Peter,” Grandma interjected. “This is Emmy’s twin Patrick. And these are their friends Will, Joseph-”

“It’s Joe.” ‘Chewbacca’ interjected.

“Of course, Joseph, and Chris.” She finished up. So, Han is her brother, Pat. Luke is Chris. Chewbacca is Joe, and Laya is Will? I think I got that.

“Ohh, so you’re the grandson!” Patrick said, reaching out his hand. I shook it. “Cool beans!”

‘At last, someone who knew Emmy in and out. Maybe, if I ask the right questions at the right time, these guys can tell me everything I want to know without knowing it. It’s fool-proof!’

“…So, I hear that you play. What instrument?”

I snapped back, only hearing the last few words. “Huh? Oh! I play bass.” All of their faces lit up.

“Really?” Chris asked. “You should jam with us sometime, we’re looking for a bassist!”

“Cool, we should do that sometime.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about the mix-up for the last chapter. Ok, so last night I changed a few things around in the story, if you get lost, just message or comment and I'll sort it out