Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Why can you read me like no one else?

It’s now Sunday and I’m sitting on the couch with Brittany. Dr. B is sitting opposite of us, taking down notes and encouraging conversation. I was telling Brittany what happened yesterday with Pete. He eventually came over and “stole” me away from his grandmother. He took me back to his house where we played video games (he’s a very sore loser) until we got bored. Then we watched all the Brat Pack movies. Pete quickly got bored of “Pretty in Pink” (the very first movie) and decided that I had to entertain him. The boy likes to use his teeth. Let’s just say his plan didn’t work out the way he wanted and I got some damn good black mail on him.

Brittany laughed at that and told me of her and Joe’s “adventure” around town. I’m not going to explain because it was one of those had-to-be-there moments. Dr. B brought us back from our giggle fit and directed the conversation to our “problems.” I confided in both of them that, while I was glad that Elle and Jakob had been synced, I didn’t think that the other two would ever integrate. They gave me words of encouragement, but their words went through one ear and out the next.

After the session, Brittany ran upstairs to talk to Joe on the phone. Dr. B asked me to hang back for a moment.

“Emmy, I’m proud of you. Everyone is. Don’t lose hope. We’re in the last leg of this race. I need you to hold up. You’re the star-player and I desperately need you since it’s crunch time. Can you stay strong? If not for me or anyone else, than for yourself. You want to get better, right? To lead a normal life and not have to worry about them coming out?”

I nodded my head. “Yea, I want that. But, it’s just really hard. I feel like, since we integrated Jakob, therapy isn’t working anymore. Maybe I’m meant to be stuck with Janet and Sadie. They haven’t really led me astray yet.”

“Don’t. Emmy, I believe in you. Patrick believes in you. Everyone who knows about you, believes in you. Don’t let us down. I know it’s hard. It was hard to create them in the first place, right?” I nodded my head. He was right, if it weren’t for that ass-hole, I would be perfectly normal. “Then what makes you think putting them back together would have been easy?”

I looked into his eyes. They were filled with nothing but compassion. “You’re right. I’m sorry. I’ll be stronger.”

He nodded and patted my shoulder paternally. “That’s what I want to hear. Now go, Pete’s waiting.”

I nodded and turned to the door. As I was about to head out, but then a thought popped into my head. “Doc?”

“Yes?”

“Do you think Pete is good for me?”

“You know I can’t answer that, Emz.”

“Well, off the record and as a really good friend?”

He hung his head and walked over to me. He grabbed my shoulders lightly and looked me dead in the eye. “As long as he is helping and not hurting you, I have no qualm with him. Why do you ask?”

I shifted uncomfortably. “Because, I’m terrified to fall in love.” I whispered.

“Oh, Emmy.” He wrapped me in his arms. “Don’t worry. He is nothing like your father and it’s not considered betraying Parker. Remember that dream you had when he died? He told you to move on. That’s your sub-conscious telling you that it’s okay to fall in love again.”

I nodded into his shoulder. He pulled me back and looked into my eyes.

“Are you feeling better?”

“Yea.”

“Anything else you want to ask me?”

I shifted uncomfortably again. “should I tell him?”

“Only if you feel comfortable. I’m not going to make that decision for you.”

I nodded. “Thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Alright. Goodbye now.”

I stepped out of the house and walked toward me neighborhood. I instantly whipped out my cell phone and called Pete.

“Hello, Beautiful.” He greeted.

I laughed lightly. “Hey, I’m coming over now. Are you decent?”

“Why wouldn’t I be decent?”

“Knowing how you are, I just woke you up.”

He laughed. “Yea, you got me there. Don’t worry, I’ll be fully clothed when you get here.”

“Doubt it.”

“What? you don’t trust me? That’s mean.”

“No, it’s cause I’m already here.”

“Damn you, woman! Well, come on in- the door’s open. I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

“Ok. See you in a bit.”

I ended the call and pushed the front door open. I immediately went into the kitchen and grabbed a pop and some chips. I could hear Pete thundering down the stairs. He skidded to a halt in front of the doorway and grinned at me.

“What’s that look for, Wentz?”

“What? Can’t a guy greet his girlfriend?” he asked, coming into the kitchen and pressing his lips lightly against my own.

“Not in that way. You look suspicious and I don’t trust you right now.” I teased.

“That hurt, Emmy, really. It did.” He said, putting a hand over his heart and “stumbling” back with a pathetic look on his face. I just shook my head and walked past him.

“You’re pathetic.” I mumbled under my breath, but loud enough for him to hear.

He followed behind me and sat next to me on the couch. We immediately dove into the homework that I so cleverly finished in class. After about thirty minutes, he finally got the hang of the equations and finished in record time. We also started on our English project, but quickly got bored of that, so we settled down to watch some cheesey horror movie from the 50s. We were both bored out of our minds and I didn’t mind his lips on mine with our tongues fighting for dominance over the other.
♠ ♠ ♠
the next one is fucking hilarious! (well, at least I think so) ok. amendment to the rule: nine (9) comments from different people. There's 58 of you now. it shouldn't be too much of a problem. also....WELCOME new readers! lol. sry, had to do that.