Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Breaking hearts has never looked so cool

I finished packing all of my clothes (it was only two large suitcases) early so that I could greet the guys when they came home from their tour. Yea, that’s right tour- they’re getting back in a few hours. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with them before I went away to Dartmouth in two days.

I had talked to Pete every day- either after their set or right before he went to sleep- for the entire time they were touring. He would tell me about the amazing people he met and the shows that they played. I was excited for them. All of “the girlfriends” were. The girls and Will came over an hour before Fall Out Boy was due to arrive.

We were joking around and having fun until I heard the van’s engine. I immediately shot up and ran full-speed out of the house. I trampled Pat (he was the closest) and squeezed him tightly before firing a million questions at him. He just smiled as he peeled himself off of me and answered my questions slowly. He grinned at something over my shoulder and ran away. I turned back to see that it was Josie. Smiling, I greeted the others and launched on Pete.

“Dammit, Emmy, get off! Fuck, you’re so immature sometimes! Grow the fuck up!” I immediately backed away and let my confusion show.

“What the fuck, Pete? I haven’t seen you in a month. Sorry that I missed you.” I snapped. He isn’t the same. I could feel everyone’s eyes on us. “I’m not going to deal with this. I have done nothing wrong. Come see me when your arrogance is gone.” I said calmly before walking back to my house.

“Oh, what now? Can’t stand to not be adored? Fuck you, Bitch, just because I don’t fawn over you and smother you in kisses doesn’t mean a damn!”

I stalked over to him and punched him. “Exactly, fucker. It means nothing now that you’re an asshole. Know what? I’m not dealing with your drama. We’re through. I never wanna see your fuckin ugly face again. Goodbye, fucker, hope to God I never see you again.” I seethed before walking into my house. I went all the way up to my bare room. I opened the bag that had my pictures and took all the one with just Pete and I out of it. I threw them into my empty trashcan and closed the bag.

If he wants a bitch, he’ll get one.

~*~Two days later~*~
I shut the boot of the car. A loud thunk echoed through the still air. I looked back at my solemn friends and cracked a small smile. I was the only one going out of state. Everyone else was either in the band or, in Brittany and Kay’s case, going to the university in Chicago. Pete wasn’t there, not that I cared. I hugged each of them in turn and smiled before sliding into the backseat. Mom and Pat were driving me to the airport. I ordered my laptop through the school and I would buy all of my dorm things when I got there.

At the airport, Mom wouldn’t let me go. I reassured her several times that I would call her everyday and tell her what was going on. Pat, however, would have none of it. There were several occasions of him picking me up and trying to drag me through the door. We both knew that it was going to be hard on the both of us. We’ve never been separated for more than a month at a time. I told him that I would call him every chance I could (which he declined, thank god!), so we settled on twice a day (lunch and right before we went to bed).

I smiled at them before joining the ever-growing security line. Pat stayed with me as long as he could. I waved back at him as I went through the metal detectors. I grabbed my carry-ons from the belt and put my shoes back on before making my way to the gate. I waited two hours for them to call my section. I was texting Pat and Kay the entire time. They were both telling me the same thing: that Pete was sorry for being a jack-ass to me and that he wants us back together.

I didn’t know what to make of it. Do I really want to deal with his drama and extreme mood swings? Or Do I want to experiment with other guys? Maybe I’ll just become a hermit and not have to even think about guys! That way I know I’ll keep up my grades. And I’ll overload to get out of here early. These kind of thoughts and ideas bounced around my head as my section was called.

From now on, I’m just Emmy. Yes, I didn’t have the best of childhoods, but I’ll be fine. Emmy, the girl with MPD is staying here- in Illinois. Emmy, the future neurosurgeon is going to Dartmouth to study hard and live out her dreams. Goodbye, Chicago- you never meant much to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I just got a burst of inspiration (well, I wanted to play w/ Pete some more, too)...note: there will be a HUGE (like, years) gap coming up soon, so prepare for that.

And I'm saddened to see that I lost two subscribers and the lack of comments =( I believe this chapter is worthy of at least 8, don't you think?