Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Am I more than you bargained for yet?

“Emmy. Emmy, wake up, you’re scaring me!” I woke up with a jolt. Beads of sweat and goose-bumps covered my body. I was freezing and scared. I looked to the voice. Nick. I quickly launched myself into his lap and curled into a tight ball. I didn’t even know why I was so scared, I just knew that I needed to be held. Nick rocked me back and forth, calming me with his voice. When I had finally calmed down and no longer shook, I crawled out of his arms.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it. Bad dream?”

“Yea, I guess.”

“You don’t remember it?”

“No, but I know what it was. It’s always the same one- has been ever since I was ten.”

He brought me into his arms once more. “Wanna tell me about it?”

I shook my head. “No, I don’t. Not now, at least. When are we leaving?”

“Whenever you’re ready. I’m driving you.”

“Ok, well, I’m going to take a quick shower. I should be ready in an hour tops.” I grabbed a few things out of my bag and quickly pressed my lips to his before going into the adjoining bathroom. I showered quickly before changing and blow drying my hair. I applied some light make-up before I was finally satisfied with my appearance. When I walked out of the bathroom, Nick was already dressed and sprawled out on his bed. With an evil smirk, I set my things down and quietly stalked over to him before I straddled his waist.

He grunted from my weight and opened his eyes. He was clearly shocked at my action. “What is that smirk for? I’ve never seen it before, but I know it can’t be good.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” I whispered huskily in his ear before nibbling on his earlobe. Just as fast as I was on him, I was off and running out the door with my bag in hand.

“Amelia Caterina Stump, you’re a fucking tease!”

Nick stayed at my house for about two hours before he had togrudgingly go back to his house. We kissed a few times (since he wouldn’t let go of me) before I finally pushed him in the car and ordered him to leave…well, more like threatened that we wouldn’t have sex for a while if he kept it up. That got him going pretty quickly. He called me five minutes later to ask if calls still counted toward the threat. I told him that they do when he’s driving or with his family…again, that got him to shut up.

Maybe Dylan was right…he’s whipped…but I love him and he loves me…isn’t that what you’re supposed to do when you’re in love?

“Nick told me about this morning.” Pat whispered in my ear as soon as I hung up the phone.

“It was nothing.”

“Bull. It was him, wasn’t it? Don’t play. I’ve known you since conception.”

I stayed quiet and watched the deserted road.

“Emmy.” Patrick warned.

I spun to face him. “Yes. Ok? Yes, I had that stupid nightmare again. Are you happy now?” I questioned, storming past him.

“Emmy! I didn’t mean it like that!” I slammed the door and dove on to my bed. I buried my head into my pillow and screamed. When all my frustration was out, I called Dr Bennington.

“Emmy? What’s wrong?”

“I had the dream again.”

“The one with your father?”

“Yea.”

“Tell me what happened last night before you went to sleep”

I told him.

“Hm, do you really love Nick or is that you trying to get back at Pete?”

“Why does everything have to be about Pete?! Don’t answer that. And, of course I love Nick.”

“Ok. I believe you. Well, let me contact a few of my associates and I’ll get back to you when I can.”

“Ok. Talk to you later.”

“Bye, Emmy.”

I hung up the phone and looked around my room. I felt like I was back in high school again. I wasn’t Emmy, the College Student anymore…I was Emmy, the Damaged Goods.

A knock came from the door. “Emmy, it’s Pete. Wanna talk? Pat and the guys left.”

“Emmy’s not here right now, but you’re more than welcome to talk to Trish.”

Pete barged into the room. I laughed at his reddened face.

“I was just joking, sheesh. Grow a sense of humor, why don’t you.”

He sat on the bed next to me and grabbed my shoulders. “That wasn’t funny. You scared the shit out of me. You scared the shit out of everyone. We don’t want you getting another person in that pretty little head of yours.”

“Ok.” I said, looking away. Why am I so submissive with him?

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“No. you know it all.”

He lead my chin over to him. “No, I don’t.”

His eyes told me everything. They showed pride, adoration, jealousy toward Nick…but, most of all, they showed love. He was still so wrapped up in me. He rubbed his thumb over the tears that I didn’t know I had shed.

“Don’t cry. I can’t stand to see you cry, even though I’m the one who has put most of the tears in your eyes. I’m sorry.” He brought his face closer to mine. “You’re my star,” he whispered in my ear. I caught his lips as he was about to kiss my cheek. Shocked, he backed up a bit and stared into my eyes. His gaze flicked to my lips for a fraction of a second before meeting my consenting eyes.

He met my lips again affectionately and took me back to a time when I was whole and not fragmented on the floor.

What am I getting myself in to?

Our hearts can’t beat fast enough to drown out the world
♠ ♠ ♠
same as last night.

Check out my a7x story when you can