Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

We're falling apart

My breath hitched in my throat. I didn’t know how to respond to something like that. I decided to call my support crew in. I told them everything and they promised not to tell a soul. I then let them read the letter. I couldn’t sit and wait for them, so I went about my pacing in the hallway. I got a few looks, but no one talked to me. Roxie stuck her head out of my room and motioned for me to come over about five minutes after I left them. I sat on the edge of my bed, my leg was bouncing so violently.

“Well?”

“You’re an idiot for giving that up.” Lexi said bluntly. Roxie elbowed her in the ribs.

“What Lex is trying to say is that he sounds like he was really good for you. Why did you give him up again? The whole ‘he turned into the biggest meathead I know’ theory is now completely demolished.”

“I- I don’t know what happened between us.” I said truthfully. “I mean, my personalities really wouldn’t let me deal. I couldn’t see him all the time because one of them would control my life. Hell, I don’t even remember the first date we went on. I was left with a journal entry telling me what happened. And then Janet fucked him…and, yea…a lot of shit happened.”

“Wait. He cheated? Well, that changes everything!”

“No, Lex, Janet was one of my personalities.”

He face softened. “Oh.”

“Well, how about you call him and we’ll see what goes from there.” Roxie proposed.

“I don’t know. Maybe I need a guys’ perspective?”

“No!” they both yelled at me, making me scrambled back to my wall.

“What we mean to say is: don’t get Nick involved in this. The poor boy has gone through enough already and it would completely devastate him to read that.”

I nodded. “I’m going to call him and get this mess straightened out. Leave, I need to do this alone.”

“No, we’re staying for moral support.”

I nodded my head and sighed. I looked down at my phone, where his number was highlighted, and turned it over in my hand. “Here it goes,” I muttered before hitting the “call” button.

“Hey, can you hang on for a second? I need to get away from the noise.”

I nodded my head, knowing full well that he couldn’t see me, but I was too afraid to speak. Right now, I was just concentrating on what to say.

“Ok. I’m back…and really surprised that you called.”

“I read the e-mail” I stated bluntly. Damn me for getting straight to the point.

“Oh….well?”

I bit my lip. “I think it’s very nice and affectionate, but I’m not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean, after all the shit that we’ve been through….it’s hard to believe….”

“Emmy, I meant every word of that letter. I still love you, too. I don’t think I can ever not love you anymore.”

“We’re so wrong for each other…”

“What makes you say that?”

“We’re always fighting.”

“And? We always come out stronger.”

“You have random ass-hole qualities that make me want to break your neck”

“This is true, but you’re still not convincing me.”

“You know every button to push and I can’t stand that I don’t know your buttons.”

“Well, we can always arrange that. C’mon, Emmy, if anything, you’re making me fall in love with you…”

“Fine!” I yelled, ripping their hands away from me. “You are a completely over controlling bastard that plays with my emotions every time we’re in a ten foot vicinity!” I screamed, scaring both Lexi and Roxie. I waved them away. I was afraid that I was going to take my frustration out on them. They quickly scrambled away.

Pete chuckled on the other end of the line. “sweetie, that’s just how we are.”

“You only do it to get me all wound up because you think the sex is so great.”

“That’s not-”

“Yes, it is true. I know exactly what game you’re playing now and I’m so sick and tired of being used. Why can’t you just let me be happy?” I brushed away the lone tear that was sliding down my cheek.

“Because, you’re only truly happy when you’re with me,” he replied calmly.

“Fuck you, Wentz, I was perfectly happy before you showed up.” I spat.

“Hon, we’re already past that stage.” I could hear the venom in his words.

“I never want to see or hear from you again.”

“You’ll never find anyone as good as me.”

“Oh yes, I will. This is me saying goodbye to you.” I spat before hanging up the phone. I quickly grabbed my keys and ran to Nick’s dorm, where he held me in his arms.

I didn’t like the emotion that I was feeling. It was basically every emotion known to man all bundled together. Just thinking about it gave me a nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach. I buried myself further into Nick. Noticing my distraughtness, he tightened his grip and kissed my temple.

“Don’t worry, Emmy. I’ll always be here for you.”

“I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!!!!! now I get to do a time warp!!!! sorry, but this story is talking forever for me to get through! And sorry for not updating yesterday, but my friends decided to kidnap me.

Kudos to: revenge_is_mine (did I get that right?) for getting the whole love/hate relationship b/n Pete and Emmy.

You know the drill