Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

are we going up, or are we going down?

I walked out of the prep room and into the O.R. waiting room. I kept my face hidden behind my chart. I really didn’t want to see them. And, yes, I know how mean that sounds. Then I realized how immature I was acting. This is my job, I need to get over the fact that I know them personally. I squared my shoulders and walked through the door. There they were- sitting in a cluster comforting each other.

“Friends and family of Wentz?” I announced professionally.

They all snapped to attention, each one of their eyes widening at the sight of me. I knew I didn’t look that different. I had dyed my hair light brown my senior year in college and kept the color ever since, other than that, nothing has really changed.

“If you could please step this way,” I motioned for them to follow me to his room. “I’m Dr Stump, the surgeon who operated on Mr. Wentz.” I shook each of their hands in turn before returning to my script. “After Mr. Wentz had his stomach pumped, we noticed some abnormal neural activity and found a small, pea-sized tumor. We removed it before it would cause him any damage. He should recover nicely, but he will need to stay here for at least a week so we can keep track of him. He will be unconscious for the next few hours; however you may visit him if you wish. A nurse will come by to check on him shortly.” I gave them a small smile and walked away before the shock could set in. I made it all the way to a cab before Pat stopped me.

“How long?”

I smiled and patted his cheek. “Go see your best friend. I’ll see you at home, where I don’t have to act like a professional.”

He grinned and kissed my cheek before running back inside. Smiling, I got into the cab and told the driver where to go. When we arrived at the house, he helped me get my luggage out of the trunk and I paid him. I looked back to my childhood home and sighed. This is it.

Pat’s POV

She’s back. I can’t believe she’s back. I knew I had that tingly feeling for a reason and it wasn’t something that I ate! Wait until Pete hears about this… Oh, shit, he’s still with the whore. This could cause a problem… well, not for Pete- he’ll up her ass in a heartbeat for Emmy. I’m just wondering what would happen between my sister and the slut… Well, not really, Emmy could beat her ass in an instant. My thoughts were cut short by my best friends hounding me for questions.

“So? What happened?! Why is she here?” Joe fired.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Andy asked.

“She didn’t say anything. Anyway, how’s Pete doing?”

“Ok, I guess. Do we know why he did it?” Kay asked. Yes, she’s still going out with Andy and works the merch booth for us on tour.

“Probably the whore.” Joe grumbled under his breath.

“No, it was for the girl that I’ll always love, even if she doesn’t love me back,” Pete croaked from the bed. We all surrounded him. “I-I just couldn’t take not being around her anymore.”

I shot everyone a ‘don’t you fucking tell him’ look. They gave their silent agreement. “Pete, you haven’t talked to or seen her in seven years. Why now?”

He shrugged, even though he was clearly in pain. “I’ve been having horrible dreams and I didn’t want them to come true.”

“Is that why you haven’t been sleeping?” Kay asked.

Pete just nodded his head.

She looked at me and pursed her lips. “I’m going to go get a nurse.” Then she walked out the door.

Pete groaned and buried himself deeper in the hospital bed. “It’s never the same.”

I rolled my eyes and hit him as hard as I could, making sure that I didn’t hit any bandages.

“Pat, what the fuck?! That fucking hurt!”

“You’re acting like a pregnant chick. Seriously, stop wallowing in your misery and grow a pair. You fucked up seven years ago. There’s nothing you can do to change it now. Kapeesh?”

“Yea, yea, whatever…” Just then a nurse walked in. She started performing various tings and wrote some sort of gibberish down on her chart.

“Dr. O’Donnell should be in here in a few moments.” She smiled, setting the chart at the end of the bed and walked out of the room. Who I assumed was Dr O’Donnell brisked into the room like he owned the joint.

“May I talk to Mr Wentz alone?” he asked all of us.

“Yea, we’ll see you tomorrow, Pete. We’re all beat.” I answered while guiding the others out.

“So, are we ever going to tell him?” Joe asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“I’m not. He’ll become even more of a handful than he is now.”

They all nodded in agreement as we loaded into the van and drove to Wilmette.

“Hey, does she know about…” Kay trailed off, lifting her eyebrows suggestively.

“Not that I’m aware- Oh shit!”

“Well, this is going to be a dramatic night.” Andy mused, voicing all of our thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
le Gasp!!! What's going to happen next?

Thanks to everyone who commented!!! they made me smile (I think all of them had some form of "omg"