Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Music or the Misery

Last night flew by way too fast for my liking. I re-connected with everyone on a whole. Kay and Andy were engaged (I was the maid of honor) and were getting married in six months. I was ordered to clear my schedule of everything for the week before their wedding (how I’m going to do that, I have no idea).

Right now, I’m driving in the old beat-up car that mom bought Pat and I when we turned sixteen. I was surprised that it still works. With a final groan from the old car, I parked in a parking spot and turned off the engine. I grabbed my things and patted the rust bucket (What? It’s special and needs some support in its dying days). I quickly checked in and noted that my first surgery wasn’t for another two hours- I was on stand-by. Humming to myself, I went to the in-house Starbucks and ordered a white chocolate cappuccino and a blueberry muffin. I figured that I’d might as well relax and look over my patient reports before starting.

Everything was going by too fast today. Before I knew it, my muffin and coffee were finished. Groaning, I got up and chucked my trash into the bin. I might as well check up on my patients. All of them. This is going to suck.

I decided to get the easy ones done first. After that, I went into my gallbladder patient’s room to tell him exactly what I was going to do to him in a few hours. He smiled and thanked me graciously as I exited the room and went to his. God, this was going to suck.
I forced a smile and opened the door. “Good morning, Mr. Wentz. I’m Dr. Stump, the surgeon who operated on you yesterday, and I would like to know if you have any redness or skin irritation.” Damn, I’m so glad I didn’t run into him a few years ago- I would have been a complete wreck.

He gave me a you’re-so-dead look. “Actually, yes.” I clicked my pen top and touched the ball point to the paper. “I have an irritation, but it’s not on my skin. You see, this beautiful girl clawed her way into my heart about seven and a half years ago and she keeps on scratching away every time I see her again.” I scratched through what I wrote and clicked the pen again.

“Very funny. I’m being professional, I’m expecting you to do the same.”

He shrugged. “so, you were the one digging around in my head?”
I nodded.

“Did you find anything interesting?”

“Actually, yes. I was surprised to see anything. After all this time, I thought it was just a hollow void. Congratulations, you have proven my hypothesis wrong.” Goddammit! That’s not being professional!

“Ha. Very funny. So, did you figure out what was wrong with me?”

“You had a tumor the size of a peanut on your brain. Luckily, we caught it in time and removed it.”

“Would it be illegal if I asked you to put it back in?”

“Yes, even if you sued for malpractice, I would win. I was doing what was in the best interest of the patient.”

“So you’re stats had nothing to do with it?”

“I’ve only lost one patient, but if you really want to die, then I'll be sure not to stand in your way.”

“Oh. Sorry.”

I shook my head. “Why didn’t you come to the hospital sooner? You had to have been getting massive migraines.”

“I thought I was being punished for letting my star fall.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Hi, is it okay if I come in?” I heard a small voice from behind me. I turned to see Pete’s parents.

“Of course not. I was just leaving,” I said with a smile.

Mrs. Wentz put her hand on my shoulder. “Emmy? Is that you? You’re beautiful!”

I smiled and nodded. I need an escape.

“Dr. Stump, you’re need in room 205 for a surgical consult.” Danielle, a resident doctor told me.

There actually is a God- I need to remember that.

I smiled courteously at them. “It was great to see you again, but I have to go.” I didn’t even wait for a reply. I couldn’t believe that he could still get under my skin like that.

Pete’s POV

Out of all the surgeons in this damn country, I had to get her- the only girl I have ever loved and gotten my heart shattered over. Is there no justice in the world anymore?

“Peter, we were worried sick about you! Why?” Mother-dearest worried.

“I- I don’t know. Everything seemed out of control.” She put a cold hand on my forehead, over the bandage.

“Oh, Sweetie, we’re here for you. You can tell us anything. And, you have the guys.”

“Yea, I know.” I mumbled, looking away from her. Yes, I’m a big hot-shot rockstar, yet my mother can still make me feel like a disobedient four year old.

“Well, Patrick’s here. We’ll leave you alone.”

I just nodded and looked out the window. I felt the bed shift. “Why didn’t you tell me she was here?” I was too disgusted at him to look.

I didn’t even know that she was here. She didn’t know she was coming until her supervisor told her to pack her bags. She just got in yesterday.”

“Why? Out of all the surgeons…why did it have to be the one that knows me inside and out?”

He placed a hand on my shoulder. “I don’t know, but she put her head on the line for you. She wasn’t technically supposed do the operation since she knew you personally.”

“Really? Then…why?”

He shrugged. “No clue. You better ask her.”

Dammit. I had to be a prick.

“You feeling alright?”

“Perfect.” I faked a smile.

“Petey baby!” I heard the screech.

“Never mind.” I muttered under my breath as the whore came in.

Pat chuckled and patted my leg before he left me with a cheap imitation of a human being.

There isn’t a god.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know! I'm horrible for not posting sooner! BUT! I finally have a break. Next week is finals (starting next Friday), so I don't know how much I'll be able to get on. And I was wanting to get this thing out before the school year ended, but that dream is now trashed.

And, yes, I realize that Petey's little escapade was way before 2008, but it's my story and I'm allowed to twist things around (were you not here for all the shit I made up and twisted around before?)

thanks to everyone who's commented. I love ya! 5 till the next!