Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

So Sick (Ne-Yo Cover)

“Cause I’m so sick of love songs- So tired of tears” Lexi screamed/ sang whilst coming through the hall.

I raised my eyebrows at her, knowing full-well that Dr. Ross, the Chief of Medicine, would not take too kindly to her noise. We were in the terminal ward, afterall. “What are you doing?”

She grinned up at me. “Obviously you don’t know that your brother has a very sexy voice.”

I shuddered. “Why would I want to know that?”

She grinned and pulled out one of her earphones and handed me it. “..So why can’t I turn off the radio?”

“What am I supposed to hear?”

“The sound of-”

A loud whistle interrupted her. “This is a hospital, Ladies, not the restroom at senior prom. I suggest you two scramble and actually get work done,” Dr. Ross told us while walking past us.

“Someone’s heart breaking,” she whispered hurriedly before running off to pediatrics. I shook my head and went back to the ICU. I didn’t want to be here- at work- today. Ever since I had gotten back home, my operations have been okay- mediocre even. Not good- not the best, perfect… not me. It was even worse since what Lexi said kept bugging me. What did she mean? I decided to call my brother as soon as I got off.

“Hello?” he grumbled into the phone.

“I don’t care if I just woke you up. Spill.” I ordered, taking back roads to get to my apartment.

“What are you talking about?”

“The cover you did. I think the original artist was Yo-Yo….something like that.”

“Ne-Yo…and that was a dare.”

“Bullshit. That’s too lame of a dare for any of the guys to think of- they would have made you do “Barbie Girl” or Britney Spears.”

“Gah, I hate how you’re right.”

“Exactly, now tell me what’s going on?”

“Rox and I are fighting.”

“I don’t see the problem, that’s what married couples do.”

“She packed up and left. I think she’s at her mom’s, but I can’t be too sure. She’s ignoring all my calls.”

“But…she would have called me if anything was wrong…”

“I don’t know anymore. She’s been so…distant.”

“Want me to talk to her?”

“If you want and can get a hold of her.”

“I love you, Big Brother.”

“I love you, too, Little Sis. So, what’s up down there?”

“Nothing of importance. Just planning the wedding. Gah, I just want it over with!”

He chuckled lightly at me. “Yes, you never were one for patience. Have you set a date yet?”

“Not yet, but it’s going to be sometime next fall before Thanksgiving.”

“Oh, speaking of holidays, are you finally going to join us?”

“I’m going to San Francisco for Thanksgiving to meet Brian’s parents, but I should be back in Chicago for Christmas and New Years.”

“Sweet! Then you’ll get to meet the guys!”

“I already know them?” I questioned, pulling into the parking garage of my apartment building. Luckily, it had very good reception and no static.

“No, no, no. Not them.”

“Then who?”

“Can’t tell. It’s a secret.”

By then, I had already made it to my apartment and was fishing for my keys. “Whatever. I’m at the apartment. I’ll talk to you some other time.”

“Yea, yea, you just want to get rid of me, like you always do! I see how it is! I can feel the love from here.”

I rolled my eyes and opened my door. “You’re such a drama queen.”

Brian looked at me funny and I pointed to the phone. He nodded his head and went on into the living room, beer in hand.

“But you love me!”

“That’s what you think!” I shot back, dumping my purse on the counter and walking into the bedroom to change into something more comfortable.

I heard him gasp. “that’s mean.”

“You were acting like a child. But, hey, I really have to go. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Okay? I love you.”

“Love you, too. Talk to you tomorrow. Buh-bye.”

I hung up the phone and tossed it on the bed. I quickly changed into a pair of boxer shorts and one of Brian’s Papa Roach shirts. I walked back into the living room and laid down on the couch, my head in Brian’s lap.

“I see that we’re not going anywhere tonight.”

“Yea, I just want a relaxing evening in.”

He set his beer can down and kissed my lips softly. “Want me to make dinner and then I’ll give you a relaxing massage afterwards?”

“Don’t use oil and I’ll love you even more.”

He smiled and kissed me again. “It’s good to know that I’m being loved for my skills and not my personality.”

“Hey, the personality is a perk,” I grinned up at him. I sat up so that I could reach his lips again and so that he could scoot out from underneath me.

He gave me a warm smile and walked into the kitchen. I looked at his half finished beer and sneered. That was the one bad thing about Brian. Even though he only drank in moderation (one beer a day), I still hated it. Sighing, I laid back down on the couch and flipped through the channels. Nothing good was on, so I settled on a random HBO channel. By the looks of it, it was “Fight Club.”

I was happy, even though things were a little stressful, I knew that everything was going to get better from here on out…as soon as I fix Pat and Roxie- that could wait until the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
What's going to happen next? (b/c ya'll know how I operate)

comments= love= update