Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

XO

Pat’s POV
September 19, 2009


“Patrick Martin, I swear to God I’m going to kill you!” My wife screamed at me as they wheeled her into the maternity ward.

“Don’t worry, sir, they always say that. She doesn’t mean it,” the nurse told me as they wheeled my wife away.

“Oh yes, I fucking do! Give me the goddamn drugs!” she screamed.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Stump, but you’re not dilated enough. Mr. Stump, put these on.” The nurse said, shoving a paper slip-on gown into my chest. I briefly looked at it- it was the same kind that Emmy used for surgery. I smiled lightly and put it on. I missed her now more than ever, but she’s most likely performing some type of fancy-dancy surgery that I couldn’t pronounce at the moment. I sighed, knowing that I would have to wait to see her again.

“Ok, Mrs. Stump, you’re dilated enough. You’re going to feel a tiny prick in your lower back.”

“Do you really think a tiny prick will matter to me right now?!” Roxie screamed at the nurse. Sweat was already precipitating on her forehead. Is it bad that it was turning me on slightly?

“Patrick, wipe that smirk off your face and let me squeeze the fuck out of your hand! It’s all your fucking fault!” I quickly obeyed her, knowing that crossing Roxie’s path at the moment was not a wise decision. As she put it, I let her squeeze the fuck out of my hand.

Two hours later, I cut the umbilical cord and heard the cries of my new son. The doctor and nurses wouldn’t let me touch him; instead they cleaned him up and whisked him away. Roxie and I shared a look, knowing that our child wouldn’t have a normal childhood. Tears began leaking out of her eyes.

I squeezed her hand reassuringly, amazed that I still had feeling in it. “Don’t worry, Baby, I’m going to love him know matter what. We’ll give him every opportunity in the world to have as normal of a childhood as possible. Okay?” I kissed her forehead as she nodded.

“I can’t believe we have a son. He’s so tiny, what if we break him?”

I grinned and shook my head. “We won’t.”

She shook her head. “Have you not seen our friends?”

I laughed at that. “Have you seen our family? And I know that when Emmy gets here, she’ll be Super Aunt and not let anyone with the teeniest hint of a cold be near him.”

She laughed at that. “I’m tired, Baby. You go and call your sister and mom and then call my mom and the guys. I know that you’re itching to.”

I grinned and kissed her cheek. “Sleep tight, Mama, you did a good job. He’s gorgeous from what little I saw of him.”

She moved so that our lips attached. “It’s all because of you, too, Daddy. Wow, that’s so weird to say.”

I laughed and pecked her lips lightly before moving out into the hall. I quickly called Emmy’s cell.

“Good timing, big bro, I just got out of a four-hour surgery. How goes it?”

“Well, you’re an Aunt. When can you come up here?”

“OMG! You have a kid! I’m terrified!”

“That’s mean, Lil’ Sis.”

“Aweh, you know I love you.”

“Whatever. When can you come up here?”

“Erm, checking the schedule now….and I have the weekend off so I’ll see you in a few days. Want me to bring Brian with me?”

I thought it over for a minute. I thought to how Pete would react, but decided to not care. “Sure, he’s going to be family soon, anyways. The more the merrier!”

“Ok, I’ll ask him if he wants to come. Oh, is there any news of you-know-what?” She always knew what to say to lighten a situation.

“No, but the doctor wouldn’t let me hold him. He was taken away right after I cut the cord. He’s gorgeous, though, from what little I saw.”

“Of course he’s gorgeous! He’s a Stump, afterall! Well, hate to cut this short, but I’m due back in surgery. I’ll call you later tonight.”

“Ok, Love you.”

“You, too. Bye.” She disconnected the call. I grinned and called my mom, knowing full well that I would get an ear-full.

“Hello?” She asked tiredly. I couldn’t blame her- it was two in the morning.

“Mom! Guess what? You’re now a grandmother!”

“Patrick, as much as I love you, and as much as this news has made me happy, could the child not have waited?”

“Ma, you know how me and Emmy were.” I said, reminding her of the long and agonizing pain she endured seventeen hours for us in the middle of a terrible thunderstorm.

“You got me there. What hospital are you at again?”

“The same one where you gave birth to us..”

“Coincidence, much?”

That made me laugh.

“Ok, I’ll see you in a few hours. I need my sleep. Tell Roxie that I send my love and blessing, she’ll need it if that child is anything like you and your sister.”

“Thanks, Ma, real nice of you. You fill me with so much confidence.” I said sarcastically.

“I’m only telling you the truth. Now I’m going to hang up on you. Bye.”

I was actually surprised to hear her hang up on me. Must’ve been a long day. I then called Roxie’s parents, knowing that they would want the full details. After that very awkward call (mainly on my part since Roxie’s parents were so excited), I called the guys and they agreed to come over immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can I get any more cheesy? lol. There's not really a song that goes with this one, either. lol. More soon to come (I had an epiphany a few minutes ago and I really wanna skip to that part and write it, but I gotta be patient).

Comments= Happiness= Love= Inspiration= Updates