Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Chicago is so two years ago

According to Macone Tradition, I wasn’t allowed to see Brian the full 24 hours until my wedding. I proclaimed a spa day for all the females. Brian’s mom, Catherine, opted for staying home to get work done and to watch Furby. Rox was a little hesitant about leaving her baby alone, but after watching Melaina handle Furby through one of his convulsions, all doubts left her mind. This was also a day to re-connect my mom with the joys of life. Lately, she’s been looking like a woman twice her age and I wanted to bring youthfulness back into her life.

We- mom, Roxie, Jenna, Brigitte, Nicole (Brian’s sisters), Claire, Mia, and Julia (his in-laws) and myself- got up at the crack of dawn and spent the entire day at the spa. For the entire time, we were all together, chatting and getting to know each other. It was very relaxing and even Mom was starting to get into it. Towards the end of the day, we were split up into two groups- mom, Roxie, Jenna (she had taken an extreme liking to me), and I in one group and the rest in the other. Our groups were led into separate rooms for our massages.

“You know what, Emmy?” Roxie asked from the table beside me.

I turned my head to look at her. “What?

“You have had every guy that you have ever dated fall completely in love with you and left them broken hearted.”

“Do explain this, Oh Knowledgeable One. Let’s start with Parker.”

“He was your first love,” my mother spoke from across the room. “You both loved each other so much. It was the classic High School Sweetheart scenario.”

“Ok, yes, but I didn’t leave him brokenhearted, he left me.”

“Do you not remember the time where you thought your love for him was dying?” I could see the glint in her eye, unaware of the hurtful pun.

“Ok, fine, next one. Pete.”

“Self-explanatory. He’s still not over you.”

“Pete Wentz?” Jenna asked excitedly. “You dated Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III!!!! Lucky!”

I rolled my eyes. “It actually wasn’t that great…”

Roxie and mom started spit-firing information and memories back at me.

“Okay. Okay. Okay! Enough of Pete. Explain Nick.”

“Easy. You turned him gay.” Roxie replied

“Not gay, he’s bi.”

“Bi-curious.” Jenna laughed, not really knowing what we were talking about. She’s only thirteen, what else can you expect?

“We only dated for what, three months? If that? There was nothing serious going on there.”

“I know that, even Lexi knows that, but he doesn’t. He thought having you in his life was destiny. In his mind, you two were going to get married after graduate school, have lots of little babies, and grow all old wand wrinkly together.” Rox said with a smile.

“He always was such a nice young man, though. Almost a little too nice at times.”

“Mom, he never hit her. Trust me, even though she slapped him around a time or two. Nah, he was wrapped tight around her little finger. It was cute at the time,” Rox said, smirking at me the entire time.

“I still don’t get what the fuss is. Last time I talked to him, he was perfectly happy.”

“And when was this?”

“Right before I got on the plane to go to Atlanta.”

“Emz, he said it himself when you two graduated- he hadn’t dated any girl since you and he would probably will never date a female again because you hurt him immeasurably and you’re the only one for him. You’re still getting cheap plane tickets from his dad’s company, right?”

“His parents were very fond of me the one time that I met them. Even his extended family liked me.”

Roxie and Mom snorted.

“Whatever you say, Emz. Whatever you say.”

“I still don’t believe you. He was always a flirt.”

“Yes, talk and flirt but never touch, ” Roxie said, ending the argument completely.

I did my best to shrug my shoulders. Was there only three guys before Brian?

“Anyways,” Roxie added. “I always suspected that you only did half the things you did with Nick to get back at Pete.”

“Not true, Pete was the farthest thing from my mind,” I lied.

Mom gave me a knowing look. It was as if she had known that I cheated on Nick the entire time, and only now showed her disappointment.

“Are you going to break my brother’s heart?” Jenna asked. “Like you did all the others?”

I ordered my masseuse to stop. I wrapped the towel around me and stood up. “No, I won’t. I love him too much.”

“But isn’t that what you said about the others?”

“Jenna, Nick and I were really good friends- we even stayed really good friends. Pete and I will always fight- that’s just how we are, but he’s finally given up on chasing me. As for Parker, he was pulled off life support, leaving me completely heartbroken after his death.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry. What about Brian?”

“He is the only man I can see having a future with. If anything, it’s going to have to be him who breaks up with me.” I said before walking out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok. so I changed Brian's last name from "Fletcher" to "Macone." thanks to everyone who commented. I love you all! keep it up!