Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

I've got all this ringing in my ears and none on m

I stood off to the side, hidden from view by the vineyard trees. I was both anxious and excited waiting for the first few chords of my cue music. I quickly looked down at my ivory dress. It was very simple, the only intricacies were the designs across the bosom and the slip of light blue running down the front of the dress. I didn’t think it was right of me to wear an all-white dress. The flowers in my hands were white carnations.

When the music came on I smiled and presented myself to the small group of people. Instead of splitting the families, we decided to mix and match them since it would have looked so weird having ten people on one side and only four on the other. Jon, Brian’s father, linked arms with me and led me down the aisle. He kissed my cheeks and sat down next to his wife.

I couldn’t really remember what happened during the ceremony, just that Brian looked so good in a tux- well, he always looked good in a tux- and that I was surprised that he still had one intact (let’s just say I get very impatient). I remembered that he smirked down at me, most likely thinking along the same lines as I was.

“Do you, Brian Thomas Macone, take Amelia Caterina Stump to have and to hold…..”

He smiled at me. “I do.”

“And do you, Amelia Caterina Stump, take Brian Thomas Macone to have and to hold….”

I smiled back at Brian. “I do.”

“If there is anyone-”

“I object!”

Brian and I snapped our heads to the aisle.

“Emmy, I’ve solved your riddle. It was all a test, wasn’t it? Well, I’ve won. You can stop this charade. Emmy, I’ve loved you since day one, when you were in my grandmother’s house and baking cookies. I knew that you were the one. I-”

“I don’t fucking care, Pete! It’s over! It’s been over for almost nine years!” I turned to Patrick. “Would you please escort your associate off the premises? This is private property.” Pat nodded his head and roughly grabbed Pete’s arm. I turned back to Brian and mouthed an “I’m so sorry. I love you” before returning to the priest. “You may continue.”

He nodded. “If there are no objections, then I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Brian leaned down and kissed all of my problems away. Everything that happened years ago with my father was gone. The stunt that happened two seconds ago, completely gone.I We had a completely clean slate. Brian and I would make it, there was something telling me in my gut.

The reception went smoothly. Patrick had returned to tell me that he had to personally put Pete on the plane. Joe was going to pick him up and immediately take him to his psychiatrist. Brian stayed by my side the entire time. By the end of the day, Brian and I boarded a plane to fly to London.

~*~
London was cold, damp, and rainy the entire time we were there, but I loved every minute of it. We did a few of the touristy things, since it is impossible for me to stay cooped up inside for more than a few hours at a time. During this time, Brian revealed that the firm was putting an office in Los Angeles and that they wanted him to help start it up. He also revealed that I had gotten my grant approved to do my neural research at UCLA and be an Attending Surgeon at their hospital, however, I would have to fill-in teaching occasionally. It seemed as if my dreams were finally coming true. I had a great husband, a great job, and a family to come- we decided to wait at least a year after we moved into our California home just north of LA.

As soon as we got state-side, I called my mom and Pat to tell them the news. They couldn’t have been happier. They knew how much this research grant meant to me, and the fact that Brian had already arranged everything was a plus. To my mother, it was one less thing she had to worry about. I had to promise her that I would go see her at least twice a year. Brian’s parents had the same deal with him.

We moved out to California three weeks after we arrived home from our honeymoon. Tension was high in the air up until a month after we had settled down, but at the end of every day- no matter what happened- we knew that we loved each other. Every night in my ear, Brian would whisper “If we get through the first three years, we’ll be fine” and sealed it with a kiss. For some reason, his saying that put me more on edge instead of relaxing me like he had intended.
♠ ♠ ♠
5 comments= next chapter