Status: completed

Fall Out Girl

Gay is not a synonym for shitty

“Thanks for picking me up, Mom. How are Roxie and Pat holding up?” Mom had picked me up from the airport and brought me straight home. Currently, we were sitting in the living room, both sipping on our tea to calm our nerves.

“They could be better, Love, but they did just lose their son. Speaking of which, where is Brian and my grandson?”

“Let’s just say that you lost two grandsons. Brian took Jarek. We-we’re getting a divorce.” I said, breaking down and crying.

“Oh, Honey,” She swooned, setting her cup down and embracing me. “Why?”

“I don’t know! Honestly, I don’t know anymore! Why is it that every guy I love, leaves me?! Maybe I’m just not meant to be loved.”

“Honey, that’s not it.”

“No, I really think that I’m not meant to be loved. It would explain so many things.” I said, pulling out of her grip.

“Emmy, I love you. Pat loves you.”

“I know, but not romantically. Maybe we’re all cursed.”

“Honey, don’t give up. You’re young- there’s still time.”

“I’ve already given up. A girl can only go through so many heartaches before she throws in the towel.”

“Amelia, love isn’t supposed to be easy.”

“I know, but it also shouldn’t turn on you when you’re following your dreams. Isn’t it supposed to support you in whatever decision you make?”

“It’s give and take, really. Sometimes you must give up on your dreams to make it work out.”

“I love Brian to death, but I’m not ready to give up on my dreams. I’ve been trying to reach them for so long.”

“I know that, and I’m so proud of both you and Pat, but, Honey. When is it going to end? When will you finally be satisfied with what you have and where you’re at?”

“Funny, that’s what Brian said.”

“He was always a smart one.”

“I know.”

She put a hand on my thigh. “Don’t despair, Honey. He’ll come around when he’s ready. If what you say is true, then I thoroughly believe you two will get back together. You just wait and see.”

I nodded and curled up in a ball next to my mother and laid my head on her shoulder. “In a few weeks, everything will settle down and become right again.”

“I hope so.”

“It is so heart breaking and hard to bury a child. We turn to God at these times and ask why he has laid a terrible curse on such a beautiful and innocent child. We must remember that God is the Creator, and not the Enemy. We should not show anger towards are Creator, for God has a greater plan that we cannot fathom.

Emmet James Stump was anything but a normal baby. From the moment the child was born, we knew that his life was going to be short-lived, yet that did not stop his parents, family, and friends from filling his life with love and happiness…”

I zoned out. It was so hard to stay focused when everything that happened in the past few days was buzzing around my head. I didn’t realize that they had lowered Furby into the ground until I saw Pat and Roxie throwing a handful of dirt and white rose petals into the grave.

Wow, not only am I a horrible wife and mother, but I’m a terrible God Mother and Aunt, too. I mentally slapped myself and moved over to where Pat and Roxie were standing. I wrapped my arm around Pat’s back and laid my head on his shoulder. Sighing, he placed his head on top of mine and encircled his free arm around my waist.

“How is everything supposed to work out in the end when all your hopes and dreams are falling apart and crashing before your very eyes?” I asked under my breath.

“I don’t know.” He responded.

Sniffling, I turned away and walked back to the car. I couldn’t handle this anymore. I barely heard my phone ring.

“This is Emmy,” I mumbled into the receiver.

“Dr. Stump, I realize that you are having family time, but John Doe died last night. What would you like us to do?”

“How are the others?”

“Perfectly healthy.”

I nodded my head, even though I knew my assistant couldn’t see me. “Keep tabs on them and cremate the body. The experiment is officially over.”

“Yes, Doctor.”

I closed my phone and through it out into the middle of the road, where a large, jacked up truck ran over it. Life couldn’t get more out of control than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
1 more chapter and the epilogue. I can't believe it's finally ending....

Oh, and I was pretty much listening to "She's Gonna Break Soon" by Less Than Jake while writing this chapter.

5 comments= the ending