We're Believers

1/1

Sitting with her back against the wooden headboard, Lindsey hastily wiped the fallen tears from her eyes. She then wrapped her thin arms around her knobby knees and was rocking back and forth slowly. She closed her eyes and tried hard to block out all the noise from downstairs. Her parents were yelling and fussing over her.

Well not necessary Lindsey herself, but her boyfriend, Gerard. As hard as he tried, Gerard couldn’t impress her parents or even convince them that he’s a nice guy. He had attempted to make a nice impact on her parent’s mind. He went as far as getting a haircut, dropping the eyeliner, and dressing differently. But Lindsey’s parents still didn’t budge. They thought he was just another punk kid that was going nowhere. They didn’t see what she saw.

Opening her eyes, Lindsey looked up when she heard a familiar knock on her window. She smiled when she saw that it was Gerard. She quickly jumped up from the bed and unlocked the window. Gerard climbed in swiftly, like the pro he was. He gave her a kiss on the lips before pulling apart.

“What’s wrong?” He asked. A look of concern and worry passed over his features. Then it hit him. He answered his own question, not even waiting for a response from his girlfriend. “It’s your parents again? Isn’t it? Goddamn it! They just need to wake up and realize that there isn’t any way in hell that I’m leaving you. I don’t care if they ever accept me; I’m sticking with you until the end.”

“I know Gerard, trust me I know!” Lindsey cried out, her brown eyes flashing. “They don’t see what I see in you and it’s a damn shame. But I’m not going to listen to them. I don’t care if I have to move out or something, but I’m leaving this place as soon as possible.”

“Runaway with me,” Gerard said softly, looking directly into her eyes, almost piercing her soul. “We’re believers, I believe tonight.”

Lindsey gasped. “Gerard! That’s almost a ludicrous thing to say or even think. You know my parents will have the cops all over your ass. They’ll get to us and try to destroy us. They’ll win this battle.”

“Who gives a damn if we lose the war? As long as we have each other is all the matters,” Gerard said fiercely. “Baby, forget about your parents. All that I care about is you. Screw the system. I’ll save you.”

Lindsey ran into Gerard’s arm and wept against his strong chest. He wrapped his arms around her small frame. “When? I just want to leave now. This has been going on for far too long.”

“We can steal the cars if your folks don’t mind,” Gerard replied back almost comically. “I’m not sure, but we’ll find a way.”

Lindsey simply nodded her head. She trusted Gerard with all her life and this time was no different. They were hand in hand, heart to heart until the end. They were bided by love forever. “Love will always find a way.”