‹ Prequel: We're Believers

Small Talk, Large Meaning

"Such a brilliant star you are."

Lying flat on his back, Gerard was stretched out on the hotel bed and on top of his lap Lindsey was there. She was playing with his fingers, constantly intertwining his calloused ones with hers, before pulling apart and repeating the actions. The sheets were carelessly strewn out on the floor from last night’s escapades and the pillows were missing a couple of feathers. Both felt content and at home despite that they were in a hotel that didn’t even have a rating.

“Wake up,” Lindsey purred softly.

Gerard grinned. He wasn’t really asleep, but he just had his eyes closed. “I’m awake,” he grumbled.

“Let’s go somewhere!” The young black haired woman said loudly. “We’ve been in this room for three days straight. Let’s go and get some fresh air somewhere.”

Gerard didn’t reply. He simply opened his eyes and started at his girlfriend. She was the most gorgeous person he had ever laid eyes on. He couldn’t bear the thought of being separated from her. He wanted to cling to her every second. Being in the small hotel room for the last few days had honestly been the best of his nineteen years. Spending time with Lindsey was all he ever wanted to do. “Do you know how long I’ve waited? To find someone just like you?”

Lindsey’s face became red. She loved hearing Gerard’s sentimental words, but they always made her blush. “Nineteen years?” She answered lamely. She hopped off of his lap and picked the thin sheets up from the wooden floor. She would have stayed on the bed with Gerard all day. But in reality, she was praying the redness in her face would go away and she was simply wasting time by cleaning. Just as she was placing the sheet on the bed, Gerard quickly grabbed her wrist and dragged her down next to him.

“I love you Lindsey Ann Ballato!” He proclaimed loudly and proudly.

“I love you too, Gerard Arthur Way.”

Gerard smiled. “Both of our middle names start with an ‘A,” he said. “That’s weird.”

“What’s weird about that? Maybe it’s just fate.”

“Good point.” He yawned.

“Are you sleepy? I could have sworn you were sleeping earlier, but you said you weren’t.”

Gerard grinned sheepishly before yawning once again. “Mm. Good night baby.”

“It’s 2 o’clock in the afternoon!”

He had already closed his eyes before wrapping his arm around Lindsey. It was an impossible squeeze to get out of, so Lindsey simply relaxed and rested her head in the crook of Gerard’s neck. She closed her eyes before she heard Gerard say one last thing.

“Such a brilliant star you are.”