Dear Dad

1/1

“You’re not my son,” He told me as he pushed me out the door. He slammed it behind me.

I felt tears escape my eyes.

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

“Hi, I’m Kerri and I couldn’t help but notice what happened…I take in kids who’ve been kicked out and I was wondering if you’d like to live there?”

I smiled at the woman and nodded.

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

“Kids! We have a new house mate!” Kerri called as we entered the house.

A girl and two boys ran into the entrance hallway. “Awe. He’s so cute and I’m voting homosexual,” The girl said. “I’m Lex.” She hugged me, tightly.

“Hi…I’m Josh.”

“Are you gay?” One of the boys asked.

I bit my lip and nodded. “Oh! Again, I was right. Josh, those are Noah and Devon. Noah is straight. Devon is bi. I am a lesbian, so I won’t be hitting on you. Dinners at five thirty sharp due to our OCD little lesbian who is amazing,” Lex told me.

“Lex totally likes her,” Devon informed me.

Lex shrugged. “She’s got nice boobs and she’s alright once you know what she gets all ticked off about. Dude, my first day here I touched her hat and she almost killed me. Oh well.”

“Um…How many people live here?” I asked.

“Us three, Taylor – my OCD lesbian – Logan, and Reece. Reece has a son who’s turning three as of March. Logan is also homosexual. Taylor got kicked out cause she basically hates straight guys – her father wasn’t an exception. Devon got kicked out cause he was caught having a threesome with a guy and a girl. And Noah cause she is really Norah,” Lex told me.

“Noah and Taylor aren’t the best of friends,” Devon said. “Taylor can put up with Noah cause he’s not technically a guy and Noah wants to be treated like a guy.”

“I’m gonna go play basketball. Lex you’re on baby-watch later,” Noah said before he went into another room.

“He doesn’t like it when people talk about him,” Lex pointed out.

“But it’s almost not possible for that to happen since Lex can’t shut her mouth,” Devon said before going upstairs.

“Come on, let’s go talk to Reece, Logan, and Ryan. Ryan’s the two-year-old. He’s so cute! But guard your nuts if he runs over.” Lex grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs. We went into a room where a guy was bouncing a little boy on his lap and a girl was cleaning. “Hello, loves. This is Josh. He’s homosexual and new.”

The boy and baby looked over at us. “Exa!” The baby said. He squirmed around until the boy put him down and then ran at Lex.

“Hi, Ryan!” Lex picked him up and hugged him.

“Hi, Josh. I’m Reece,” The girl said.

“I’m Logan,” The boy said.

“Hi,” I murmured.

“Geesh, a bunch of conversation killers in here, huh, Ry?” Lex asked. “Well, Reece, I’m borrowing the baby, ‘kay? Okay. You all have fun, but not too much.” She skipped from the room with Ryan.

Reece chuckled. “Ry enjoys Alexis’ company.” She yawned, softly.

“Get some sleep, Reece, Lex got Ry,” Logan told her.

She sighed and got in one of the beds. “Thank you, Logan…It was nice to meet you, Josh.”

“Yea…” I muttered.

She was asleep before Logan and I left the room. “Did anyone give you a tour?” He asked. I shook my head and he nodded. “Come on.” He grabbed my hand and started leading my around the house.

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

“Once upon a time there was a little, tiny prince. He was short and everyone made fun of him for it.” I threw my pillow at Lex, who was telling a story. She grinned. “The little, tiny prince was in love with the jester.” This time Logan threw a pillow at her. “Who was in love with the prince as well. But! Their love was forbidden! For the little prince’s little friend, the smaller prince, was also in love with the jester!” Reece threw a pillow at her, smiling. “Geesh! People, I am trying to tell a story here!!”

“Can we vote who tells the story next time?” Noah asked.

Lex threw a pillow at him. “No. I’m the story teller. Now…Where was I?”

“The jester and the little, tiny prince got together. The end,” I finished for her.

She pouted and sat beside Taylor, pouting. “You’re all no fun.”

“Little, tiny prince and jester and King should get together. That’d be fun,” Devon said, smirking. I scooted towards Logan a bit more after he said that.

Everyone laughed at that. Devon pouted, but laughed. Logan moved us both over more towards Ryan and Reece and away from Devon. “I listen to 3Oh!3 and don’t trust ho’s,” Logan teased.

Devon stuck his tongue out at Logan and threw a pillow at us. “Well, shut up lover-boys.”

“Hey! That’s my nickname for them!” Lex shouted.

Devon shrugged.

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ

“Why are you afraid?” Logan asked, gently caressing my cheek. “I wouldn’t hurt you…”

I shook my head, tears leaking from my eyes. “I…I’m not scared of you…Just my dad.”

He sighed quietly. “Your dad can’t get you here…A, Lex wouldn’t let him inside. B, none of us would let him anywhere near you. C, I’m not giving you up.” He pecked my lips softly. “Please, Josh…Please. Don’t let your bastard father rule your life.”

I sighed in content as he held me close to himself. “I…I just wanted his approval.”

Logan smiled at me. “Well, you have my approval.”

I smiled back and kissed him. “I love you, Logan.”

He grinned back at me. “I love you too.”

ʚ ɞ ʚ ɞ


“Come on, lover-boys!” Lex shouted at Logan and I. “Ry is gonna ride his bike on his own!”

We chuckled as she lead us to the excited six-year-old.

“Come on!” Ryan shouted, bouncing.

Reece grinned down at her son. “Patience, Ry.”

He crinkled his nose. “Come on! Logan, Josh, move your–”

“Hey!” Lex shouted. “You remember what I said. No cursing.”

Ryan grinned, innocently. “Sorry, Lexa.”

We stood beside Devon and Taylor. “Are we gonna watch Ry ride his bike or what?” Devon asked.

“Yea! Come on! I wanna go!”

“Then go,” Logan replied to the hyper boy.

Ryan looked up at Reece, who nodded. Then Ryan took off riding. Lex smiled and wrapped her arm around Taylor’s waist. “So cute,” She said. Taylor nodded.

“Well, we’re going to be late,” Logan announced, taking my hand. “We need to make the thing I planned.”

“You planned something?” I asked. He nodded, smiling.

“Oh yea!” Lex yelled. “Have fun.”

“She knows?” I asked. Logan nodded again. “…But she didn’t say it.”

Devon chuckled. “Have fun, Josh.”

Logan pulled me away from the small group and to the truck. “Where are we going?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” He chuckled.

I pouted and he chuckled again. “Meanie.”

He smiled and kissed my lips. “You’ll like it. Come on.”

I smiled and got in the passengers seat. He got in the drivers side and started driving somewhere.

About ten minutes into the trip I asked, “Are we there yet?”

Logan only chuckled. I continued to question him until he finally stopped me. “We’re almost there.”

I nodded and was quiet. After a little longer he parked beside a lake. We got out of the truck and sat in the bed, where there were some pillows and blankets.

We snuggled up together just as the sun set. “I love you,” Logan murmured.

I smiled. “I love you too.”