I Could Never Love My Brother's Best Friend, I Hate him.

Invites

I stared at the back of Shane Anderson's head, longingly. Shane Anderson was the hottest guy in school. Actually he was the third hottest, but the first two don't count in my book since the first is Phoenix, my enemy, and the second is River, my brother and Phoenix's best friend.

Anyways, I've always had this small crush on Shane since the sixth grade. Shane is also another one of my brother's friends. Even though I like Shane, I'm pretty sure he just thinks of me as a little sister. I wish he didn't though. But It's not like I can tell him I like him. Surely he would say he doesn't like me and then things would be extremely awkward between us.

My headd tilted to the side as I let out a quiet sigh. Then... SPLAT! My eyes opened wide as I felt something wet hit the back of my head. I reached my hand around to the back of my head and grimaced as I touched the wet thing. I pulled it off my hair and saw that it was a spit ball. I turned in my seat, glaring at Phoenix, who just so happens to sit behind me.

"What the fuck Phoenix? Why'd you do that?" I asked.

"I thought you might need some extra spit, seeing as how you're using all of yours to drool over Shane." He smirked at me.

"I was not drooling." I rolled my eyes before turning back around. But, just in case, I wiped my mouth. A second later, Shane turned around in his seat.

"Hey, are you and Chuck going to that party tonight?" He asked. Chuck was my best friend.

"Me? Party? Shane. you should know me well enough by now that I don't go to parties." I shook my head. It's true. I went to a party one time and it really didn't go that great. I ended up almost getting raped by my then-boyfriend Max. Obviously we aren't going out any more. He moved away after the court date. Since there were no witnesses and it was my word against Max's, he didn't get any charges or anything.

"Oh come on Teal. It'll be fun. I promise nothing will happen to you."

"I don't know." I shook my head.

"I promise." He said again, looking me straight in the eye. Suddenly my mouth wouldn't work right and it wouldn't listen to my brain.

"Alright." I said before I could stop myself.

"Great. River is going too so you can get a ride with him." He smiled.

"Mr. Anderson, is there something you would like to share with the class?" The teacher asked. Shane turned around and shook his head.

"Uh no sir." He said.

"Good. Then why don't you pay attention?" Shane didn't talk to me for the rest of class. After class I walked out and walked right into my best friend Chuck.

"So, how was class with Mr. Hottie?" Chuck asked wrapping an arm around my shoulders. Yes, Chuck was gay and I'm proud to call him my best friend.

"He asked me to a party." I sighed.

"And you said no?!" Chuck knows me like the back of his hand.

"I did. But... then he said he promised nothing would happen this time and I believe him so I said I would go."

"Yea! You are going to have so much fun!"

"You mean, we are going to have so much fun. Shane invited you too." I smiled.

"Yea!" He shouted really loud. everybody in the hallway gave us weird looks.

"What? A guy can't be happy?" Chuck rolled his eyes. They looked away from us and continued what they were doing.

"So what time are we leaving?" Chuck asked.

"Where are you guys going?" River asked walking up behind us.

"Oh! Just the brother I was looking for! Shane invited Chuck and me to the party tonight. He said that since you were going we could ride with you." I explained as we kept walking. River stopped though and I turned to him in surprise.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You are not going to that party." He shook his head.

"But River, I want to go."

"No. Do you not remember what happened last time?" I could feel the tears prick in the corner of my eyes.

"Of course I do." I mumbled looking away.

"Then why would you want to go to another party where the same thing might happen again?"

"Because I'm tired of staying home on Friday nights with nothing to do but watch old movies."

"Wouldn't you rather do that, knowing you're safe, than to go to a party where just about anything can happen?"

"I'm not going to be afraid my whole like River. Besides, you aren't the boss of me. Whether you like it or not, I'm going to that party, even if I have to get somebody else to take me." I turned around and walked away, not waiting for his response.
♠ ♠ ♠
So? What do you think? <3 Comment/subsribe :)