I Could Never Love My Brother's Best Friend, I Hate him.

Party

"What do you think?" I asked Chuck as he came back into my room. I was wearing a jean mini skirt with black leggings and a purple shirt. The outfit.

"Ah mazing." He smiled at me.

"Great." I smiled back. We walked down the stairs, quietly. River was in the kitchen with Phoenix and he still said I couldn't go, so we're sneaking out. Or at least, we were going to, until Phoenix came out and ruined everything.

"Where are you two going?" He asked quite loudly. River came out of the kitchen and looked at us.

"Yes, Teal, where exactly are you going?" He glared slightly at me.

"I told you I was going to that party." I crossed my arms. We had a glaring contest. Eventually he sighed, and I knew I had won.

"Fine. But! I want somebody with you at all times. You are to either have me, Phoenix, or Shane with you. Understand?" He asked.

"Yea! Thank you thank you thank you!" I shouted jumping up and down.

"I swear Teal, if anything happens to you, or almosts happens to you, I will kill the person that did it to you and you will never go to another party as long as you live."

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen. Shane promised me." I shrugged.

"So wait, that's it? You're just going to let her go like that?" Phoenix asked.

"If I don't than she'll just sneak out. This way I can make sure I know where she's at." River said.

"Whatever." Phoenix rolled his eyes before walking out of our house. The three of us followed Phoenix out to River's car and we drove to the party.

*~*~*~*~

We've been at the party for almost an hour and already Shane, River, and Chuck have disappeared, leaving me stuck with Phoenix. I had been just standing in the kitchen listening to Phoenix talk to some girl. After a while I decided that I wanted to dance. I didn't bother saying anything to Phoenix. He wouldn't care anyways.

I started to make my way over to the front room where everybody was dancing. Before I could get there though, my arm was jerked back as somebody grabbed it. My heart started to race. I guess I wasn't over the last party. I turned back and almost let out a breath of relief when I saw that it was just Phoenix.

"Where are you going?" He asked glaring at me.

"To the front room. I want to dance." I rolled my eyes.

"You know what your brother said."

"He's just being over protective. Besides, nobody but you are around and I'm sure you would much rather suck face with the whore than babysit me."

"No matter how much that statement is true, I promised your brother I would watch you and until somebody else takes over, you are staying with me, in the kitchen." He started to drag me back to the kitchen.

"Why the kitchen?" I groaned.

"Because it's not as crowded and I can keep a better eye on you." He explained.

"Why do you care so much? I thought you hated me." Phoenix stopped suddenly and turned towards me.

"I do. However, I actually have a heart and I don't want something bad happening to you. If it were up to me, you'd still be at home."

"Since when did you get a heart?"

"Since I found out you were almost raped." He mumbled. I tried to stop it, but a small smile spread across my lips.

"Besides, if something happens to you, that means I'll have to leave the party early." And just as soon as it appeared, the smile was gone. Nontheless, I followed him to the kitchen again. After another hour, I was getting extremely bored.

"Phoenix! I want to dance!" I whined.

"No." He shook his head.

"But I'm bored!" Phoenix shook his head. He wasn't going to give in. God I hate his protective side.

"I have an idea." Phoenix said. I looked back at him hopefully. He got a glass of tequila and two shot glasses. He poured the liquid into both glasses.

"Here." He held a glass out to me.

"What are you doing? I don't drink. Besides, you probably drugged it." I stared at him like he was crazy.

"Just take it. I didn't drug it I promise."

"No." I shook my head.

"I knew you wouldn't." He smirked.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"You're too good. I was surprised you were even going to sneak out tonight. But then again, you would do anything to see Shane."

"I don't like Shane, and I'm not too good."

"The prove it." He pushed the glass closer to me. I stared at it, then back at Phoenix. He had a smug look on his face. I'll show him. I took the glass and quickly downed it.

"Haha! I didn't know you had it in you Teal!" He laughed before downing his. We kept downing shots until I couldn't remember anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Comment/subscribe <3