I Could Never Love My Brother's Best Friend, I Hate him.

movies

I woke up the next morning with a headache. My curtains were closed so thankfully there was no light coming in my room. I sat up and leaned against the headboard. What happened last night? I rubbed my forehead trying to think. How did I get home? Wait. I am home right? Yup. I'm in my room. How'd I get here though? At that moment my bedroom door opened up and Phoenix walked in carrying a small tray.

"Hey. How're you feeling?" He asked with a small smile on his face.

"Umm I think I'm a little hung over." I said hesistantly why would Phoenix care?

"I thought you might be. I got you some asprin and some scrambled eggs and a piece of toast with some OJ." He set the tray on my bed. I looked at it then back at him.

"Did you poison it?" I asked suspiciously.

"No." He shook his head. I nodded my head and took the asprin. I started eating my breakfast, which was surprisingly delicious. I didn't know Phoenix could cook.

"Better?" He asked after a while.

"Much." I nodded. He sat on the bed beside me and looked like he was leaning in towards me.

"Phoenix." I said.

"Yea?"

"What... what happened last night?" Phoenix quickly pulled away from me and stood up.

"You don't remember anything from last night?" He asked.

"I remember taking shots of tequila, but that's it."

"Right. You were pretty drunk so I took you home. I didn't want River to know because he would get mad at me for giving you alcohol and at you for drinking it."

"So he doesn't know?"

"Nope." He shook his head.

"Good." I sighed. I started to take the cover off me to get up, but I quickly noticed I had nothing on underneath. I looked around and saw my clothes on my floor.

"What happened to my clothes?" I asked a little afraid.

"I'm not sure. You must had taken them off after I left." He shrugged.

"Oh. Ok. So... nothing at all happened?" I asked just to make sure. He looked me in the eyes before speaking.

"Nothing significant to you happened." He said honestly.

"Good." I smiled. He nodded his head.

"I should probably go pick up River and everybody else. They stayed at the party last night."

"And you stayed with me?" I asked. That was really nice of him.

"I couldn't leave you, drunk, home by yourself." He shruggged. He turned to walk away but I stopped him before he got out of my room.

"Wait!" I said. He turned back to face me.

"Yea?" He asked.

"Uh... thanks. That was... unusually nice of you to take care of me like that."

"Don't mention it." He shook his head before leaving. Oookay? After Phoenix left, I got dressed and went downstairs. I really had nothing to do today. Chuck had to go see his grandma today, she lives in the next town over. River and Phoenix were most likely going to be out all day today, they usually are on Saturdays, and Shane is most likely with them.

I went to my livingroom and turned the tv on. I flipped through every channel and nothing was on. Since there was nothing on TV I went to my dvd collection. I picked out Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows pt 1. While the previews were playing, I went in the kitchen and grabbed a bag of popcorn. Just as I put the popcorn in the microwave, my phone went off.

"Hello?" I asked answering it.

"Hey Teal, it's Shane."

"Oh! Uh hi Shane. What's up?"

"I was just wondering if maybe you would like to see a movie with me? Phoenix and River are at Jennifer's house with one of her friends so I'm stuck over here with nothing to do." He said.

"Well I was going too watch Harry Potter over here. You can come over or if you wanted to watch a newer movie, we could go to the movie theater."

"Harry Potter sounds great. I'll be over in a little bit."

"Ok. See you then." I hung up, smiling to myself. Then I realized I was dressed in last night clothes. I ran up stairs, ignoring the popcorn, and took a quick shower. I got dressed in some jean shorts and a white and red zebra printed tank top. Just as finished getting dressed, the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs.

“Hey, Sh-Phoenix?” I asked confused as I saw Phoenix standing in the doorway instead of Shane.

“What were you expecting someone else?” He snorted.

“Well… I wasn’t expecting you that’s all.” I shrugged.

“I can’t find my phone, I think I dropped it in your room last night.” He said walking in.

“Come on, I’ll help you find it.” The sooner he got out of here the better. I didn’t want him to know Shane was coming over here, then he would know I liked him. I ran up to my room and started to look for his phone. I looked under the bed, on the floor, on top of my dresser, and in my closet.

“Found it!” Phoenix said. His phone was behind my door, the one place I didn’t check.

“Great! Now go.” I started to push him out of my room.

“What’s the rush Teal?” He asked as I pushed him down stairs.

“I-I just want to get back to my movie.” I said

“What movie is that important?” He stopped walking and I couldn’t push him forward.

“It’s none of your business.”

“Teal! Are you watching a porno?!” He gasped fakely.

“No!” I yelled glaring at him.

“Well, just to make sure…” He jumped on the couch and pressed play. The beginning of the movie started to play.

“Ugh, it’s worse, Harry Potter.” He rolled his eyes. He started to stand up when the doorbell rang. My eyes went wide. Phoenix looked over at me.

“Who’s that?” He asked suspiciously.

“Uhh no one. Probably some door salesman.” I shrugged.

“Door salesman?” He rolled his eyes. I just stood there as the doorbell rang again.

“Aren’t you going to get that?” He asked.

“No.” I shook my head. I’d just have to explain to Shane later, why I stood him up.

“Ok then, I will.” He smirked. He started to walk to the door, but I ran in front of him.

“No. I-I got it.” I said. I opened the door a crack. Shane gave me a confused smile.

“Hi.” He said.

“Umm can we do this tomorrow?” I asked him.

“Who is it Teal?” I heard Phoenix ask. He forced the door open all the way so he could see who it was.

“Shane? What are you doing here?” Phoenix asked.

“Teal and I were going to watch a movie. I didn’t know you would be here too though.” Shane said.

“He was just leaving.” I said quickly.

“Actually, a movie sounds really good. You don’t mind if I join you guys, do you Shane?” Phoenix asked him. What is he doing?!

“No, not at all. I thought you were at Jennifer’s house though.” Shane said.

“I was, but it was kind of boring over there.” Phoenix shrugged.

“Ok.” Shane shrugged. He walked in the house. I closed the door and turned to Phoenix.

“Why don’t you help me get some snacks?” I asked.

“It’d be my pleasure.” He smirked at me before following me into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe please :)