Letters to Anonymous

The start of it all

Little Alison,a little younger than the age of five, walked along her father's side, holding her mothers hand, as they walked up the steps to know on the door. It was a cold winter night in New Jersey and the Jonas' were having a party. Mrs. Jonas opened the door with a smile on her face and quickly let them in.

"Alba, Daniel come on in," she said, joyfully. "The kids are in the next room sweetie," she said, directing Alison in the right direction. Alison quickly looked up at her mother for guidance.

"Go on ahead Ali," Alba, her mother, said with a loving smile and a nod of approval. Alison gave her parents a distressed look and walked into the other room in her small pink snow boots and matching winter coat. There were about six or seven kids staring at her as she walked into the room but her eye caught the quiet looking one sitting silently on the couch who hadn't noticed her yet. She slowly walked over to him, as the room started to go back to normal, and sat down. There was a long moment of silence, making Alison feel uncomfortable.

"Hi," the boy said, finally noticing Alison.

"Hi," Alison said back, smiling.

"I'm Nicholas," the boy said, smiling back.

"I'm Alison," she said. They both sat there, watching the older kids having fun.

"Hey Sonny do you wanna go to my room, I've got games," Nicholas said, breaking the silence, standing up.

"Um... my mommy won't know where I am and I don't wanna get into trouble," Alison said, unsure. "My name's not Sonny," she said, catching what Nicholas had said.

"We're friends now, I wouldn't get my friend into trouble. I know but you need a nickname, Alison is too grown up," he said with a smile. "It's funny Sonny, you can call me Nick, so are ya comin'," Nicholas said, holding out his hand.

"Um.... okay Nick," Alison said taking Nick's hand. "and I like the name Sonny," she said as they walked up the stairs together.

"I knew you would," Nick said, walking down the hallway and opening the door to his room. Sonny couldn't believe it. He had, what looked like to her, a billion toys. She was in complete awe. "So what do you want to play," Nick asked her.

"Everything," she said, walking inside, gawky-eyed.

"Okay," Nick said impressed. They played game after game, telling joke after joke, and having just an all around good time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well Denise, we had a really good time. It was really nice to see you again after all of these years, it's good to be back," Alba said.

"Yes, thank you for a great time," Daniel said, walking to the front door.

"It was our pleasure and it's nice to have you back," Denise said.

"Hey Daniel, where's Ali," Alba asked, coming back from the room next door.

"What do you mean," Daniel asked, worried.

"She's not in there," Alba said, making a serious face.

"Well I'm sure she couldn't have gotten far, she's probably playing with Nick in his room," Denise said with a smile. "Do you want to come check?"

"Yes, Daniel could you walk on home and start Ali's bath for me," Alba asked, following Denise.

"Yes hun," Daniel said, with a smile and walking out of the door. Denise and Alba walked up the stairs and into Nick's room and let out a sigh of relief, they found them. Nick and Sonny were laying in Nick's bed, sleeping.

"Aw, now isn't that just the cutest thing you've ever saw," Denise asked.

"Darling," Alba said with a smile. She walked over to Sonny and picked her up, waking her up. "Sweetie it's time to go, tell your friend goodbye," Alba said, noticing Sonny still holding onto Nick's hand, not wanting to leave. "Now," Alba said, sternly, making Sonny let go.

"Bye Nick," Sonny said, sleepily.

"Bye Sonny," Nick said, his eyes half open. Little did they know that this would be the start of it all but most importantly the beginning of the rest of their lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've already done a story kind of like this but I was looking through my old school work and found my old pen pal letters. So as I was reading them it sparked an idea that I just couldn't pass up. These first few chapter might just be when Sonny and Nick were younger but I haven't decided yet. Either way thank you for reading and I would really appreciate a comment or two to tell me how it is.

~Dani