Letters to Anonymous

You're My Bestest Friend

Little Allison,Sonny, sat in the fourth row in the Broadway Theater watching in complete amazement. Nick was playing Tiny Tim tonight in The Christmas Carol musical. This was the first time she'd ever seen him on Broadway, actually the first time she's ever been in New York City. She knew he was amazing but she had no clue how amazing he really was. Even at such a young age she knew that he was going to be great. Yes, to other people might not have seemed like much but this was her best friend; she was just so proud of him. As soon as the show was over she ran backstage, leaving her parents still in their seats. It was late but that didn't stop Allison from running to see Nick. They hadn't seen each other in about a month so she couldn't wait to see those chocolate brown eyes and the curly brown locks that belonged to her best fried.
She held a bouquet of chocolate covered fruit and a stuffed wolf in her tiny arms as she waited for Nick. The seconds felt like years and the minutes felt like decades. She stood in her small plaid peacoat as anticipation and happiness filled her soul. she didn't care is she had to wait all night; she just wanted to see Nick.

"Oh Sonny, there you are! We've been looking everywhere for you but look who we found," Sonny's mother called from behind her. Sonny quickly turned to see her parents, Alba and Daniel, along with the rest of the Jonas family. She handed the gifts to her mother and started towards the Jonas' but was stopped by her father.

"We were so worried about you. Don't you ever do that again young lady," Sonny's father said, scolding her.

"Yes sir," she said looking up into her father's eyes.

"Now, go on ahead," he said with a smile letting his daughter go. A smile played upon Sonny's lips as she rushed towards the Jonas'. She excitedly greeted all of them with a smile.

"Hi," she said, a smile planted on her face, happy to see her friends.

"Hi Sonny, we've missed you," Kevin said, giving Sonny a big bear hug.

"Hey Sonny," Joe practically screamed, Joe was the second closest to her. He picked her up and spun her around with excitement.

"Joseph, put her down. Hi Sonny," Mrs. Jonas said giving Sonny a warm smile while holding her new son, Frankie.

"Hi Mrs. Jonas, hi baby Frankie," Sonny said, letting Frankie hold onto her finger, who let out a giggle.

"Aren't you forgetting something," a familiar voice said from behind Mr. and Mrs. Jonas. Sonny's face immediately lit up at the sound of the voice, it was Nick.

"Nick," she screamed as her auburn colored pony tails bounced up and down and her deep green eyes sparkled with happiness. Nick appeared, stepping from behind his parents, as a smile showed on his face.

"Sonny," he shouted, hugging her. He was in shock, he didn't know she was coming. As he held onto her he took everything in: the way her coat felt against his skin, the way her hair smelled, and even her breathing pattern.
They both let go of each other with smiles on their faces. They immediately started catching each other up on what has been going on for that past month. They were so excited to see each other and they weren't afraid to show it.

"Oh, Nick, I almost forgot," Sonny said, rushing over to her mother, grabbing the gifts out of her mother's arms. "I got you these," she said sweetly, handing them to him.

"Sonny, you didn't have to," Nick said with a smile.

"You're just saying that because you didn't get me anything," Sonny said with a laugh, playfully hitting Nick.

"What kind of friend would I be if I didn't," Nick said, laughing. "Okay so maybe I didn't but I will. You should come back to the hotel with us," he said looking in his parents direction, waiting for an answer.

"Of course she can Nicky," Denise said with a warm smile and heading towards the door.

"So what do you say," Nick asked, trying to be alluring.

"Why not," she said with a smile, grabbing Nick's hand, heading towards the exit.

"Allison," Daniel yelled, grabbing Sonny's arm. "Where are you going?"

"With Nick, he invited me to see his hotel room. Please let me go, if even for an hour. Please Daddy," Sonny said, giving her father her best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," he sighed, "but only for an hour."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Sonny jumped with joy. "See you in an hour," she said skipping off with Nick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sonny, your parents are here," Denise said coming into the room. "Oh, Nicholas, Joseph, and kevin stop jumping on the beds! There are people below us trying to sleep," she said sternly, walking out of the room.

"That's so not fair. Sonny was clearly doing it too but we're the only ones to get yelled at. She never yells at you," Joe said, laying down on one of the beds.

"That's because I'm the good one," Sonny said with a giggle as she stepped off the bed. "Well it's been fun but I've gotta go," she said pulling on her boots and coat.

"Bye Sonny," Kevin and Joe said simultaneously.

"Bye Joe, bye Kev," Sonny said, opening the door.

"Sonny, wait," Nick said, grabbing her by the hand. "I have the day off tomorrow and since it's your first time here, I was thinking we could hang out. It's going to be so much fun," Nick asked, almost begging.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun," she said with a big smile. "See you tomorrow," Sonny said, hugging Nick and then walking out of the room.

"Yeah, tomorrow," Nick said almost breathlessly with a smile.

"Nick's got a girlfriend," Joe teased.

"Joe shut up, she's not my girlfriend," Nick protested.

"Oh yeah, she's just a really good friend," Kevin teased as Nick laid on his bed and let out a sigh. "Oh come one Nick, don't be so sensitive. We're just kidding," Kevin said, trying to make Nick feel better.

"Whatever."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was a complete dream. They visited just about everywhere. They went to little Italy, Time Square, and even the Statue of Liberty. Nick and Sonny had the time of their lives. They couldn't tell at this moment but they were in love. Ever since that cold December night they've been best friends and that's the way they'd like to keep it. Since they were so young they couldn't wrap their minds around the idea but it was true that they couldn't help but to fall in love.

They were at the top of the Statue of Liberty, admiring the view. They both stood there watching the boats float along the water and the people walking down below. Their parents stood behind them, making conversation and enjoying each other's company.

"So did you have fun," Nick asked.

"Yeah so much fun! Thank you so much Nicky but the day's not even over yet," Sonny said, laughing, turning to look at Nick. They both shared a glance with each other and they quickly looked away. "You know, it looks really pretty up here," she said, moving closer to Nick.

"Yeah," Nick said looking back at her. They both looked into each others eyes for a long while, not saying a word. Then Sonny stretched up and kissed Nick on the cheek. "What was that for," Nick asked in shock as Sonny's cheeks turned red with embarrassment.

"Nothing, just saying thank you. You know... for being my bestest friend in the entire world," Sonny said with a smile.

"Oh well then, you're welcome," Nick said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has taken me forever to update! I've been super busy but thanks for reading. Please comment :)

~Dani