Letters to Anonymous

Final Phone Calls

"Hello," Allison answered her phone, unsure of the number.

"H-hey Sonny," Nick's scratchy voice said from the other side.

"Nick? Is that you," Allison asked. She was excited to hear his voice. They hadn't talked for a while.

"Yeah Sonny, i-it's me but-," Nick started.

"Nick! I've missed you so much! I bought the new CD, it's really good. I also hear that you're going on tour with that Miley girl? That's so great. You have no clue how proud I am of you. Really Nick, I'm so happy for you," she said, cutting him off. She spoke so rapidly and her eyes began to sparkle. The Jonas brothers had formed a while ago and they had finally got their big break. The Jonas family moved to L.A. so they didn't see each other so often and since they were so busy they couldn't really find the time to talk either. Her best friend had made it and she was so proud of him, but it felt even better to be able to share these few words with him.

"Sonny, slow down," Nick said, getting her attention. "I've miss you too. I've missed you
so much you have no idea. I'm sorry I haven't called until now." He tried to get his thoughts out clearly, but it was hard for him to say.

"It's quite alright. I totally understand, Nick. There's no need to apologize Mr. Celebrity," she gave a small pause before she continued to speak. "I've been meaning to talk to you too, but you changed your number? Is the one your calling me from your new one?"

"Yes, no. I mean yes and no," he said. He let out a deep breath. "I changed my number, but I'm calling from someone else's phone," he said to make himself clear.

"So what is your number," Allison asked with a laugh. "I'm going to need to be able to call you so I can come visit silly."

"That's just the thing," Nick started. "Um... PR thinks that it wouldn't be a good idea if I just gave out my number you know?"

"Well I'm not just anyone Nick. We've been through so much together. You're my best friend and even a little more than that," she said feeling a little hurt.

It had been the day before the Jonas family left for L.A. that Nick and Allison had finally shared their true feeling for each other out loud. They were in Allison's tree house when it all happened. It had been a rainy day summer day in Jersey, but they both knew that it was their last day together. It had been Nick that brought up the matter, for he had always been a tad bit more straight forward than Allison.

They talked for hours about their feelings for each other and about how they could possibly work. They came to the conclusion that Nick need to focus on his career and a long distance relation wouldn't be the best for them at the time. What they decided on they didn't really have a name for. Their relationship wasn't quite friends and not exactly boyfriend and girlfriend. Whatever they had exactly Allison promised to always be there when he came back with a kiss.

"Sonny, I'm trying to not make this any harder than has to be," Nick said his voice turning shaky. "Listen, you are the greatest friend I've ever had and I would give anything to be able to be that guy you want me to be, but I just can't. I love you so much, but I don't want you to waist your time waiting for me." Tears fell from his chocolate eyes; he could no longer hold it in.

"So what are you saying," Allison asked. She could tell he was crying now and that only made her want to cry even more. It hurt her to be having this conversation with him.

"Basically, they want me to try to distance you from me. It's nothing against you, but it's kind of hard to explain why I flew out some girl when I'm supposed to be dating Miley," he said in a rush. His heart was breaking just at the thought of breaking Allison's.

"You're dating Miley? W-Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was all PR's idea. They said it would help if we started dating. So I just kind of went with it."

"Do you like her," Allison asked. The sadness had left her body and anger was just settling in.

"Allison, PR just-."

"I don't care what PR says. I'm asking you a question. Do you like her?"

"Well yeah... s-she's alright, but she's nothing compared to you," he answered truthfully.

"Well Nicholas, do what you have to do and I'll do what I have to. If you really like her then go right on ahead or even if you don't and you feel like this is the right thing to do go right ahead. Just let me tell you that if you really don't like her and you end up breaking her heart, it will never be the same. If you value her the slightest bit, you would really think about it. And don't you dare worry about me okay? I'm not worth losing sleep over and neither are you. I promise I'll leave you alone. I won't call, text, email, skype or anything. I promise to stay far away from you." As Allison finished she found herself in tears. She couldn't believe that this was how their friendship would end. She never thought it actually would.

"Sonny-."

"Allison," she corrected.

"Please don't be that way. I don't want to lose you completely," he begged.

"I think you already did," Allison said, shaking her head.

"You know, I think you're right," Nick said, clearing his throat. "I'm sorry."

"Aren't we all," she said with a nervous laugh. "You know what don't be. I don't want it. I don't want any of your pity Mr. Jonas." The two friends grew quiet for they had nothing left to say. Everything had been laid out on the table.

"Nick," a voice called from a distance from Nick's side.

"Hey, I've gotta go. Talk to you soon," he said in a sad voice.

"Don't bother to make promises you can't keep, Nick. I know you've tried and I appreciate that, but I'd really rather not be your charity case. I'm still proud of you and I hope you continue to go far. Take care, Nick," she said letting out a deep breath.

"T-take care Sonny. I love you," he said. And with that the line went dead and all that was to be heard was the steady beeping from the other line. Allison couldn't hold it in any longer and fell to the floor. She threw her phone across the room, it landing in pieces. A scream escaped her throat and the tears were now streaming from her eyes. Why her? Why him? Why now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy I am so sorry I haven't updated in so long! I am oh so very sorry. I just haven't had any inspiration lately, but I finally found some! I love this chapter so much, but I secretly feel that no one will be reading this story. I was thinking about turning it into a One Direction story, but I love my Jonas boys so I'm not sure. Tell me what you think. Maybe I'll just write another 1D story like this idk. Well thank you for reading:)

~Dani