Sequel: Into the Storm

Whole New Meaning

Maybe one Day

"Nurse! The patient in room 11 needs another IV!"

"On it Doctor, and Mr. Vindetta has asked to see you."


My eyes flew open at the sound of voices flowing through the corridors. I looked around, I was in a hospital, my injured leg had been bandaged, and it felt weak.

A nurse walked in, and examined the clipboard at the end of my bed.

"Excuse me." I said, "How did I get here?"

"Your uncle brought you in Nicole, said you had been running too much."

"My uncle?" I asked, "but I don't remember..."

"You were unconscious sweetie."

"Oh."

The nurse replaced the clipboard, and left the room.

I sighed, none of my relatives lived close to me, but at least the running part was true. 

My eyes widened in horror.

I was in a hospital.

Eleven was still trapped in the labyrinth.

I turned my head, and stared at the clock on the wall.

3:43 PM, Wednesday, July 13th 2011.

My eyes widened in shock, it happened exactly one week ago, and I was out the entire time.

"Certainly Mr. Smith, someone's getting her right now, though Dr. Bennent advises for her to stay off that leg until fully healed."

"No problem, she won't do that again after this."


That voice sounded familiar.

Another nurse walked into my room pushing a wheel chair, and several minutes, I was headed to the lobby.

And guess who was waiting for me?

The Tenth Doctor was standing at reception, smiling.

He took the wheelchair from her, and pushed me to a waiting car, he placed me in the passenger's seat, before, loading the wheelchair, and getting into the driver's seat.

We were driving down the highway when I finally opened my mouth.

"Those pieces are just random thoughts, fanfictions, ideas never meant to be seen."

He sighed, "I don't believe this, Nicole, you don't write something you know will hurt someone."

"At the time, I didn't know you really existed."

"Nicole, you should have known better than to do something like that."

"Those pieces were never meant to be found."

"Nicole, do you understand how furious I am right now?"

"Eleven told me."

His knuckles turned white, and his teeth clenched, I could tell he didn't like what he heard.

The rest of the ride home was driven in silence.

When we finally reached my house, Ten carried me inside, and set me on the couch.

"Ten," I said, cautiously, "Where are the others?"

He wasn't even facing me when he spoke, but I could tell his arms were crossed.

"They left, memories of this event erased."

"What about you?"

"I'll be leaving soon as well, but my memories will be intact."

"Why didn't you leave with the rest of them?"

His arms fell to his sides, he turned to face me, sitting down.

"I know inside you is a sweet girl, I know you're better than this." he held up the pieces of paper.

I promptly ripped them out of his hands. "All these are, bits of fan fiction, thoughts, feelings, my emotions on paper, nothing you should take offense to."

"I don't believe you."

"I know."

I didn't have to say it, he knew why.

I could tell he was keeping his anger inside.

"Ten, listen, no matter how much I dislike you, a small part of me will always like you, no matter what."

He didn't say anything, just got up.

"Maybe one day, one day, that will change."

Then he disappeared.

"Yeah," I said, "Maybe one day."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is, the final chapter, the sequel is coming soon, just need to find time between swimming, and working.

Comment. I really would love to know what you thought of this story, whether you loved to pieces, or hated it with the burning passion of a thousand suns.