untitled

wait.

I remember the day he left me. After all I did for him he left me. I felt like such a fool.

“Really” I said to myself as I grabbed my bag and pushed past him. “Why are you here to make me feel like a complete joke for caring about you or to make me feel like the year or two you said you would call back or maybe even text wasn’t just some joke or mistake to you.” I was enraged and I was not about to let him walk back into my heart. “Just do me a favor and let yourself out of my house.”

I never understood why people fell in love with others who are bound to break their hearts. That was until I met Jonathan. Some may say why date him if you were scared in the first place? My reasons were obvious, I talked and he listened. That was until he left our high school, Shattuck’s St. Mary’s, to pursue his goals of getting drafted into the NHL Which, clearly happened due to the fact I haven’t heard from him since the middle of his first season on the Blackhawks. Why now? What made him feel so strong about showing up over my Christmas break when I was supposed to be working an internship for some big corporate company in Minnesota.

“Jon, the door is that way. Anyways you would know since you let yourself in.” I rudely proclaimed at the silent figure standing at the bottom of the steps. “Your mom let me in.” Great? So he wasn’t going to leave so easy. “Alright, well is the reason you came here because your cell phone has been broken for the last two years so your figured showing up on my doorstep was the best way to stay in touch?” He shook his head still acting strangely quiet. “I needed to talk to you.” I looked around the room waiting for the cameras to come out and say I was getting punk’d, but that wasn’t the case. At this point was kind of getting scared. “Should I call the office and tell them I’m unable to come to work today.” I sarcastically snarled back at him. Surprisingly, Jonathan shook his head signaling yes. I laughed, “Ha, really Jon? You think you can prance through someone’s door like the hotshot believe in your head you are and tell me I have to call in sick? Plus, what would I say, ‘uh hello cant come to work today Jonathan Toews is in my house. No, I wont do that, and I wont let you prance in here acting life everything will change just because you are back.”

At this point I was out of breath from screaming words of frustration at the man I loved two years back. He nodded once again, this time in defeat. “I understand.” As he turned to walk out of the front door, memories flashed into my head. Memories that did not need to be unleashed at a time like this. Watched him walk out of my life once. Did I really want it to happen again? My heart took control and started talking for me at this point. With his hand on the doorknob my arms reached out and pulled him back in. “Wait.”
♠ ♠ ♠
just revisited this. never really thought i would post it.
wow