Status: 3 comments = 1 new chapter

One Last Hope

Chapter Four

Skylar’s P.O.V

Damn. I’m late. The teachers hate me already because I’m not getting great grades. I ran to my locker, got my books for my first two classes and made my way to history. When I got there I noticed that the teacher was absent. I looked around the class room and everyone was staring at me.

I blushed an unflattering shade of red and went to my seat put my text book on my desk and waited for the teacher to come back. I took out my book from my bag and started reading. I knew I was in trouble the second the teacher walked in. She walked in with angry loud footsteps and whenever she’s angry she always pin points me. I’m always the one at fault even if I came into the class angry with her.

“Miss. North why are you late coming to my class”? I put my book down, looked at her with a look that any teacher would hate and said. “Shouldn’t you know? You’re the smart one here or so I thought…”? I said with a matter-of-factly tone. She looked at me shocked walked up to my desk at the back of the class room and whispered. “If you ever make me look like a fool again I will take you out of my class for good.”

I squinted at her and replied. “You told me that last week. God why are you so old you can’t even remember that jeez.” She gave me a hateful look, a look that I hadn’t seen in a while. She turned on her heel and stomped to the front of the classroom grabbed the pad of pink slips and started scribbling information on it that said why I was in D.T… I gathered my books and made my way to the front and took the slip from her then made my way out the door.

On my way down the hallway I saw the boy whose locker is next to mine sitting out side of room 121. I only wish I could remember his name. He’s the only person in this school who I have ever talked to. Of course being me and him being the only guy I have ever talked to in this school I got curious as to why he was sitting there. “What Happened?” I asked quietly.

He looked up at me with surprise. I guess he didn’t hear coming down the hall way. “Nothing I just don’t want to go into class because I was late and Mrs. Papineau is a freak show when it comes to kids and being inexcusably late.” He said in a tired tone. “What are you doing out in the halls?” he looked like he truly cared about my situation. This made me nervous so I broke the eye contact I had just been sharing with him. “I mouthed off a teacher and I was walking to the office but I saw you and got curious.”

I told him nonchalantly. “Oh, well seeing how neither of us really wants to be at school, or do you wanna go to detention?” He asked nervously. I shook my head to the question and watched as he got up and looked me in the eye and asked “Do you want to skip the rest of the day with me?” I stood looking at him as if he suddenly grew a second head and started making out with it.

“I’ll take that as a no” he said his face blazing red. He turned on his heel and started walking down the hallway towards the back doors to the school. “Wait” I said suddenly. He turned around with a hopeful look in his eyes his face was still slightly pink from the unattractive blushing he was just showing. I ran up to him and said “Sure I’ll come there is no way I’m going to the office to get yelled at” I said with desperately. He smiled at me; he had a nice smile…. Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Did I seriously just think that? I mentally slapped my self for the outrageous thought. “Come on then” he said with a hurried tone. I started walking beside him. Maybe I could have one friend in this stupid school.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took a long time to right this chapter cause I have a small case of writers block but I'm trying to slip past it and it's taking a lot of effort anyways tell me what you think of my chapter of trying to get past writers block

comment and don't forget to subscribe. :)