My Adventures on My Way to Seattle

Hello, Seattle

I’m pretty sure I’m flying right now.

But where exactly am I flying to?

I feel intangible.

My thoughts feel intangible.

But the wind; I can feel its cool breath on my face, flowing through my hair, around my skin. I’m weightless, and its carrying me. Its so blue out.

I can see so much from way up here. Mountains don’t nearly look as tall from this far above them. Its like I had climbed to the top of the world, and was seeing everything I could imagine from here. Birds were just specks in my vision; trees were little green dots and things were just so small, but so much a part of me.

I felt the night getting darker, even as I headed west, and things morphed before my very eyes, I morphed before myself, and felt as if I had somehow become some concrete part of nature and what was before me. I knew I was shining down on everything, but even as I was doing this, I felt like I was descending, and falling, and changing more, and as I was falling through the air, I started falling through sleep, not even bright lights awakening me through my eyelids.

Cold hit me, but it wasn’t really cold. It was that shock of it hitting your skin when you’re thrown into a pool unexpectedly, or that first winter bite when you step out into the snow, and I felt like I was submerged into it. I tried to swim, but I realized it was futile, and I was coaxed into a state of peacefulness. It was as if I was deep beneath the ocean tide and surf, down where the waters were still, and silent, and almost warm they were so comforting. The gentle waves pushed me towards the shore, until I could tell they were waves no more, until I was confined beneath them no more, and my wings were a sign that I could go anywhere I wanted.

But really, the only place I want to be is here.

I was jolted awake.

I grabbed my bags and walked through the aisles in a daze. My hair brushed in my face as the tunnel opened up and I rubbed my eyes like I had been sleeping for forever; I probably was.

The most beautiful sight graced me as soon as my hand fell to my side.

I embraced her, and was alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea how I did on this, because I didn't read it over once after I finished.
I actually figure that might be a good thing because I wanted it to stay dreamlike and surreal.