‹ Prequel: My Saving Grace
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Four Years

20.

Rachel's POV

The house smelled like bacon and eggs when I woke up. I smiled to myself as I got up and went downstairs to see Brendon standing by the stove, making the food that smelled so damn good.

"Good morning, Brenny," I smiled, coming up from behind him and wrapping my arms around him. I snuggled my face into his back. He seriously saved me last night. I had a bad mental breakdown and was on the verge of doing something I'd really regret when he burst through the door. "Thank you so much for saving my ass last night."

"No problem. Pete called, by the way. He says he loves you and he misses you. He also says call him, he wants to talk," He smiled, turning himself around in my arms. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head. "I really hate seeing you and Pete like this. You two need to work out your shit. I'm not letting the cutest couple ever fall to pieces over some dumb guy who used to use you in high school."

I giggled, "Well, thank you, Bren. Lemme call Pete."

"Uh, hey, Rae, before you do, you might wanna check this out," Brendon said, pointing to my laptop.

I quirked my eyebrow and strolled over to where my laptop was. US Weekly was pulled up. "Really, Bren? US Weekly?" I smirked.

He turned around from flipping the eggs and pointed his spatula at me, "Hey, read it before you judge!"

I laughed and rolled my eyes, turning back to the screen. My eyes went wide as I read the headline. "Rocker Pete Wentz and Girlfriend Rachel Woods Expecting?"

"You're fucking kidding me, right?" I thought aloud.

***

Pete's POV

"Pete, you might wanna see this," Jess said softly, turning the laptop so I could see the screen. My tired eyes floated to the screen. She was on Perez Hilton. I rolled my eyes, about to look away when she grabbed my face and made me look at the article.

There was a picture of Rae leaving a Starbucks. Perez had edited a bunch of question marks by her stomach. What?

"Rachel Woods, Pete Wentz's girlfriend, leaves tour.

Recently, we've just learned the name of rocker Pete Wentz's girlfriend. Rachel Woods, who is only 21, has always accompanied her boyfriend on tour. She's never missed one since they started dating. So, we found it a little odd when we saw her shopping alone yesterday in LA. When asked, Woods stated that she left the tour because of "personal reasons". Oh, really? Personal reasons? We think those personal reasons are a little bun in that thin oven!

Why do we think she's preggers? Woods has been pregnant before, according to some sources. In 2005, actually. That's when she started dating Wentz. She was only 17. Scandalous! Pete's knocked her up before. And when she was just a teenager, too! Now, apparently, Woods carried the baby boy - who was going to be named Joshua Ryan (so cute!) - for 6 months before falling and losing him. The couple was reportedly torn apart because of this.

Now, the two have been known for their PDA's. So, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Woods was preggers again! Well, if that is the case - and it most likely is - we wish the couple the best of luck."


My heart stopped. They dug up some serious fucking dirt on her. I was livid. I could feel my blood pumping throughout every single vein in my body. Why did they need to know why she dropped off the tour? Why did they fucking need to know that she was pregnant before? The fucking kid wasn't even mine.

"Fuck Perez and every other piece of trash reporting on this shit," I muttered, getting up and grabbing my phone. I ran off the bus, dialing Rae's number.

"Hello, babe," She sighed. "I've been meaning to call you."

I ran my hand through my hair, sighing as well, "Did you see Perez?"

"Oh, it's on Perez, too? I saw it on US Weekly," She said flatly. "God, I'm so sick of this shit. I want to be left alone. When I went out with Brendon earlier, I kept getting asked if I'm actually pregnant. Why the hell do they need to know?"

"Because you're dating me," I said.

"It's true, Rach. You're famous by association. It's the price you pay for being with him," I heard Brendon say in the background.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know why I thought this damn tour would be a good thing. I just...I'm so sorry, Rachel..." I whispered, feeling tears sting my eyes. "I miss you so fucking much. Can you please come back?"

She took a sharp breath in. That was never a good thing. "I'll think about it, Pete. I don't know if I'm comfortable enough to be around Jack and all that shit just yet. It's been four days."

"Please," I begged. I wanted to drop to my knees and plead with her to come back.

"Pete, I told you. Lemme think about it. I'll - "

"So, in other words, no?"

"Baby, listen, I'll be back soon. Alright? Let's see...today's the twenty-first? I'll be back on the twenty-fourth. The Charlotte date. I'll have Jess pick me up. I love you, Pete," She said softly.

I smiled, knowing my begging had worked. She always caved if I begged enough. "Can't wait for North Carolina. I love you, Rae."

"Bye, babe," She said, hanging up the phone. My smile was still plastered on my face. I logged onto Twitter on my Blackberry, needing to share how happy I was with the world.

got some nice news today. finally a real smile.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and walked back on the bus. Jess took one look at me and smiled, "What's up, Pete?"

"Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend?" I joked, sitting down next to her.

"Someone doesn't need my company anymore? Damn," She laughed, turning her attention back to her computer. "What's the nice news? Rae's not really pregnant is she?"

I laughed loudly, "Fuck no. She's coming back the twenty-fourth."

"Well, some people are thinking that nice news is that she's pregnant..." She said, smirking a bit as she went through my replies.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered, reading the replies with her. Why were people thinking that was good news? God, I wasn't ready to have a kid. I was still a kid myself. There was no way in hell that I could raise a kid.

"I like this one - 'You finally proposed and Patrick said yes?'" Jess giggled, retweeting the girls tweet on her account. I laughed and shook my head.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and tweeted:

gonna kill these rumors right away- no shes not pregnant.

"You just made a ton of people very, very happy," Jess laughed, continuing to go through my replies.

"I'm sure I did," I said, shaking my head. I leaned back into the couch and smiled to myself. She was coming back. No more feeling miserable. No more staying up all day and all night. No more worrying that she left me. No more drinking to forget.

***

Rachel's POV

"Brendon," I groaned, dragging out his name. "Can you stop going through my shit?"

"Dude, shit, you still have your fangs!?" He gasped, digging through my drawers. "I still have mine too! Can we wear them tonight? Please!"

"No, what the hell. No, Bren. I don't wanna go anywhere," I sighed, falling backwards onto the bed. "I have to pack."

He dropped the fangs and jumped on the bed next to me, "Ooh, shit, yeah, you're going back! I'm really glad you and Pete talked."

"For like five minutes," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"So? You haven't spoken to each other in three days. Five minutes is better than nothing, Rach," He said softly, brushing my hair out of my face. "Let's go out, please."

"Okay, I'll go out, on one condition," I said, sitting up. "Come on tour with me."

"Why?" He whined. "I've got shit to do here."

"Like what? Record a new album? Ryan and Jon aren't even in LA. And plus, you know Pete's gonna wanna be in the studio with you. Just come on tour, please! I need you!" I begged, grabbing his hands and shaking them violently as I fell back on the bed. "Please, please, please, please!"

He yanked his hands out of my grasp and sighed, "Fine, just stop that. I'm not singing or performing or anything. I am there strictly for you."

"Yay! Thank you so fucking much, Bren!" I squealed, jumping on him.

"Get off of me," He laughed, shoving me off of him. He sat up, smiling, "Now, it's time to go out and cause a shit ton of trouble! Put your fangs on."

"No," I said immediately, shaking my head.

"I'm going on tour with you, you're wearing the damn fangs," He said, a serious expression on his face. "Now, we're going to my place and we're gonna get my fangs and we're gonna go out."

"Bren, I don't wanna drink," I sighed.

"Fine, we won't drink. But we're still going out. We can go shopping or something?" He smiled, handing me my fangs from the 16 Candles video shoot.

"At ten thirty?"

"Yes," He replied almost instantly.

I rolled my eyes and put them on, sorta feeling badass. Brendon and I were going to be the biggest dorks in Los Angeles tonight. And, not gonna lie, I was kinda excited.
♠ ♠ ♠
derp good morning/afternoon/evening wherever you are. i don't feel good right now but i felt this needed to be posted. i also can't sleep. my day's just been bad so bleh.

i know this sucks, i really do. but i guess it's sorta important idk. i've got really bad writers block. :/

thanks-
Chachachloe - haha i know. patrick's solo stuff is AMAZING! i honestly love it. i love all of the guys' projects. i just miss them playing together, that's all. :( but yay! he's so sweet, haha. he's dm'd me once 'cause i asked him when he was coming to md. :D i've gotten more replies from pete on fb then any member of fob. :3
jaaaas - thank youuuuu. <3(:
gcchic7484 - :D<3
PassionateWriter1 - thank you for the comment! <3
Hell's.Angel - lol you know rae, she runs away from her problems rather than facing them. D:
dramaqueen332 - thank you so much for the comment. :)
YouCanBeMyLover - thank youuuuuuu. :)

thoughts? :)

x.