‹ Prequel: My Saving Grace
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Four Years

22.

Rachel's POV

April 25th, 2009. Merriweather Post Pavilion - Baltimore, Maryland.

Maryland. I was back in Maryland. This state held a special part of my heart. I spent some of the best years of my life here. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and wiped it away quickly as we pulled up to the venue.

I saw Blink-182 here once with Alex. We were like...fourteen. We had barricade. Well, I did. Alex stood right behind me, protecting me from this awful douchebag who kept hitting on me. He also protected me from the shoving. I wasn't that squished because of him. It was one of the greatest nights of my life. I missed it.

I wanted to go find Alex and explore this venue with him, reliving the memories we both shared. I left the bus without saying anything to anyone. I was on a mission to find Alex fucking Gaskarth.

I walked up to their bus and just opened the door, going right on in. Jack was passed out on the floor with a towel wrapped around his neck like a cape. A penis was drawn on his chest and an empty bottle of vodka was right by him. Wow.

I stepped over him and went to their bunks. I knew where Alex's was because that night Jack brought me on the bus, I accidentally fell into it and Jack told me it was Alex's.

The bus sounded so peaceful and quiet, I didn't really want to destroy it. Then again, I wanted to run around with Alex like we were fourteen again.

I yanked open the curtain and tugged on his shirt. Startled, he jerked up, hitting his head on the top of the bunk. He fell back onto his pillow, holding his head, "Holy fucking shit, Rae. What the fuck?"

"We're in Maryland and I'd like go explore with you!" I smiled softly, sitting on Jack's bunk which was right across from Alex's.

He smiled, "Aww, Rach! I'd love to go to exploring with you. Lemme just throw on some pants and shit."

I laughed and got up, walking back to the front lounge to allow him some time to get ready. I sat on the table, crossing my legs. I whistled and started throwing little pieces of old-ish popcorn at Jack. I tried getting some in his mouth which was slightly open.

"Are you trying to choke my guitarist?" Alex asked, emerging from the bunks wearing a purple shirt with a pink pig on it, some black skinnies, and flip flops.

"Are you trying to look gay?" I retorted, hopping off the table.

"Glamour Kills is not gay!" He defended the shirt he was wearing, rubbing his chest ever so lightly.

I giggled and bounced down the bus stairs, feeling really hyper and happy. Alex followed close behind, whistling something.

"Remember when we saw Blink here?" I said, stopping and staring at the venue.

"I do," He smiled, staring straight ahead. "We had barricade, Mark's side. Do you still have the pick I caught for you?"

"In my room tucked safely away under a bunch of clothes," I answered, smiling softly. I turned to Alex and had a serious urge to jump on his back. I acted on that urge and jumped on, startling him. He grabbed my legs and held me up nonetheless. I wrapped my arms around his neck, giggling, "Onward, trusty steed!"

"Yes, ma'am!" He laughed, running up towards the lawn. "Are you helping with merch tonight?"

"No, why would I? Tonight is the goddamn Maryland date. I'm watching my boys play for their hometown crowd."

He stopped and set me down. He then turned around and looked at me, raising an eyebrow, "Your boys? We're your boys?"

"Of course, Alex. I love you guys despite everything that happened. I grew up with you. I was there when you and Jack met. I was there your first band practice. You'll always be my boys," I replied softly, looking straight into his eyes.

"You know, four weeks ago, you didn't want anything to do with us."

"Because I was afraid, Lex," I sighed, sitting down on the grassy hill.

Alex sat next to me and laid back, staring up at the sky, "Remember when we used to go to that hill and talk for hours?"

I laughed and laid my head on his chest, "Of course I do. Remember that one time when it was snowing and Jack and I got into that fight? I literally ran away from your house crying. You were the only one who knew where to find me."

"Yeah, you were sitting there all bundled up in your two jackets, with little frozen tears stuck to your face. It took twenty minutes of begging to get you to go in my mom's car. You were so stubborn. You still are," He laughed softly.

"Yes, I know I am."

"What time is it?" He asked, changing the subject.

I sighed and pulled my phone out of my back pocket, "Um, ten fifty-five, why?"

"Shit, I've gotta go pick up Lis," He said, getting up and running off towards the buses.

I watched from my spot on the hill, feeling a little piece of my heart break as those words replayed in my head. I got up slowly, not bothering to brush myself off.

The walk back to the buses was silent. Alex and I were having an awesome moment. And he fucking left 'cause he had to go pick up his girlfriend who I hated.

I stopped walking and went through my contacts, deciding to call Brendon. I tapped my foot against the pavement and impatiently waited for him to answer.

"Rae, where are you?" He asked, finally fucking answering.

"The lawn. Can you hurry up? I need to talk," I said, my voice cracking a bit. I felt like I was gonna cry. I wanted to lay on this hill with Alex and just remember all the good times we had when we were younger.

I headed back to the lawn and sat, pulling my knees up to my chest. I could see Andy and Zack working out a couple yards away from me. I smiled lightly. I sorta wanted to join them, but I was too upset right now.

When I turned my head to look out for Brendon, I saw him running across the lawn. Like, he was really running. He came and immediately sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around me for a nice hug. "What's wrong? Why did you sound like you were about to cry?" He asked softly, petting my hair.

"Alex is picking up his fucking girlfriend," I said, feeling a tear slip out. Fuck. "We were having a nice little moment remembering shit from when we were younger and he fucking ruins it by saying he's gotta pick up his fucking girlfriend. She can drive, can't she? That dumb slut."

"I'm sensing a little hostility right now," Brendon said, letting go of me. "Why don't you like her? Is it because she's Alex's girlfriend?"

"No. It's because she's one of the reasons Lex and I broke up," I glared down at the ground. "She ruins everything."

"Rae, you're gonna get mad at me, but, do you still have feelings for Alex?"

"No! No, no, no. Nope, Alex is an old flame that burnt out," I said quickly. I think Bren and I both knew that was sort of a lie. I did kinda sorta still have feelings for Lex. But just little tiny feelings.

"Hm, well then...let go. Let go of all the negative feelings you have towards her."

I turned and looked at him, "You know what? You're right. I've gotta thank her. She drove me into Pete's arms. I should be thankful that she actually came into our lives and stole Alex from me. Thanks, Bren."

"I, uh, you're welcome?" He yelled after me as I walked off.

***

"Rae, I got a surprise for you!" Rian said excitedly, practically making me go deaf.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and put it on speaker. "What do you have for me, Mr. Dawson?"

"Come to the merch booth right now."

"Aye aye, captain," I said, hanging up on him. I slipped my phone back into my pocket and got off the bus. Wait a minute. Which booth was I supposed to go to? There were two merch booths here. Ugh, fuck.

I decided on going to the one closet to the buses and the seats of the pavilion. "What is up, Rian?" I asked, glancing over at Brendon who was buying a beer at the snack place.

"Rachel!" A girly voice squealed, yanking me in for a hug. I was being choked. My stomach was being stabbed by the corner of the merch table. Oh, my God. Only one person could manage to try killing me by hugging me.

"Kara!" I screamed, quickly wrapping my arms around her waist. A few tears slid down my face as we stood there for what seemed like hours, just hugging. "Holy motherfucking shit, I missed you so fucking much!"

"I missed you, too, Ms. Famous," She laughed, pulling away. She came out from behind the booth and pulled me in for another hug. "You are so beautiful right now. I can't even handle it."

"Please, you're the beautiful one. I'm jealous of Rian right now," I laughed, wiping the tears out of my eyes.

Brendon came up next to us, sipping his beer, "I'm jealous of Rian, too."

"Oh, you're Brendon Urie!" Kara smiled, pulling him in for a hug, too. She liked hugs.

"Thank you so much, Ri. You've made my day," I smiled.

"Your weeks about to be made," He said, pointing at Kara, who was staring at me and smiling widely.

"Why're you starin - "

"I'm joining tour for a couple days!" She exclaimed.

"No fucking way! Yay, shit, yay!!!" I screamed, grabbing her hands. We both started jumping up and down like retards.

Brendon started jumping up and down with us, consequently spilling his beer all over himself. It was only two in the afternoon and he was already soaked in beer.

"Nice going, Urie," I smirked, watching as he pouted, staring down at his shirt. He threw the cup out onto the lawn and took off his beer soaked shirt.

"I'll see you guys later," He muttered, walking off, shirt in hand.

I spotted Alex walk up from the bus area with Lisa latched onto his hand. I felt disgusted.

"Hey guys," He smiled. "Rach, this is Li - "

"We've met," I said harshly.

"Oh, my God, you're Rachel Woods? You're so much prettier than I remember!" Lisa smiled, flashing her bright white teeth. Great, another reason to hate her. She has nicer teeth than I do.

"I've gotta go help Bren," I muttered, walking off.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi!!!! who watched atl on hoppus!?!? i did! :D

i went to the bnd tour at this venue lol yay atl's hometown show. and honestly merriweather is one of my favorite places everrrrrrrr. i go there every year for warped. :3

i'm so tired right now gah. i'm like falling asleep but i promised the update. and i was like gotta finish dis~ so i did. huzzah. kara's back!!! and so is lisa! (i actually like lisa irl. but for story purposes, i make rae dislike her. jsyak.) the maryland date is gonna be like at least three chapters because it's her & atl's home state and blahblahblah ok yay.

does anyone know what today is?! it's...

JACK BARAKAT'S 23RD FUCKIN' BIRTHDAY! :D

guys omg i remember when he turned 20. HE'S GROWING UP SO FAST. ;________;

also- tomorrow is my surgery anniversary. 3 years since dat surgery. yaaaaaaay!!! :| i'll shut up now. :|

thank yous and such-
jaaas - thank yewwwww. and haha ikr. they act like nothing happened~ xD
rivals are insane - thank ya!! :)))))<3
Chachachloe - i want a best friend like bden too omg. he's so freaking awesome~ and i do the exact same thing. i get too close for comfort, lolol. :|
PassionateWriter1 - oh you know there's gonna be more, hahaha. :D
Hell's.Angel - lolol of course she's gotta have someone there with her. jack might hit on her otherwise. D: and lol i love bden too. :3
gcchic7484 - thank you! :) and i figure that you guys take the time to comment, so i should take the time to write back. and get your name out there to other readers. ;)

gimme yo' thoughts pls~~~~~

x.