‹ Prequel: My Saving Grace
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Four Years

26.

Rachel's POV

April 26th, 2009. New York. 10:23AM.

I woke up to an eerily quiet bus. Pete wasn't next to me in the bunk. I got out and checked everyone else's bunks. No one was in their bunks. I walked to the back lounge. No one. I walked to the front of the bus. No one. Hemingway wasn't even here. What the fuck.

I noticed a note stuck to the fridge. I plucked it off and read, "Rae, we all decided to go out. And do some interviews. Brendon said he'd walk Hem. So if you're awake and he's not there, that's where he is. Alright. Um, Joe says good morning. Bye. -PW."

"I'm alone. On a giant tour bus. With a lot of food and video games..." I said aloud, looking around. "First things first, pants - off."

I stripped off my pants and threw them in the dirty clothes pile. That needed to be taken care of. Too bad. I wasn't doing it today.

I then turned on the Wii. I was gonna play some Wii Sports. With no pants. Huzzah.

A game and a half of Wii Bowling later, Brendon came back on the bus.

"Oh, are you playing the Wii in your underwear?! Let me play!" He gasped, unclipping Hem's leash. He set the leash on the counter and immediately took off his pants. He threw them in the dirty clothes pile and grabbed a remote. "Set that shit to two player!"

I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. This was so fantastic. "You know, what's Pete gonna think when he comes back?" I asked, still giggling.

"One - I'm not Jack. Two - he'll want to join us!" He exclaimed. "Now. Let me kick your wonderful ass in some tennis."

"I would say something about your huge ass, but that's too easy," I laughed, selecting tennis.

He smirked and smacked his ass, "You're just jealous."

"Of course I am. What girl isn't?" I said, returning the smirk.

"You're just so hilarious," He replied flatly, shoving me right when I needed to swing. I missed. He won. "Yes! Winner!"

"More like cheater," I muttered, shoving him.

"Don't be a sore loser, Rachel," He said with a straight face. What a jerk. He knows he threw me off. "Want me to kick your ass some more?"

"I'm hungry, though," I whined, rubbing my empty stomach. I could hear it rumbling. It was telling me to feed it. "Come with me to get some food."

"Where shall we go?" He asked, grabbing his pants and slipping them on. Wait a minute...those were my pants. And he fit in them. Jesus.

"You're wearing my pants!" I exclaimed, staring at him in my jeans. Seriously, they fit him like...perfectly. His ass and everything. Was my ass that big!? I grabbed his pants and slid them on. I swiveled my hips around in them, getting a feel for them. "These are nice..."

"And they fit you," He pointed out. "We can share pants now!!"

I bust out laughing, "Jesus, Bren. Why didn't we find this shit out sooner?"

"I dunno. Let's go get food," He shrugged, grabbing my hand and leading me off the bus.

"Wait, we can't just leave Hemmy!" I said, stopping in my tracks. "Is Hey Monday or All Time Low doing anything right now?"

"Uh, we could go check..." He sighed, going back on the bus. He grabbed Hem quickly and ran off, the small English bulldog following him, tongue hanging out the side of his mouth as he ran behind Bren.

I laughed and shook my head, following after the two. I caught up with them right as they stepped onto the All Time Low bus. "...Oh, yeah, sure. We can take Hemingway. Can you pick us up something though?" Zack smiled, sitting on the couch as Hem jumped up on it.

"Of course, what do you want?" I asked, returning the smile.

"Ooooh, shit, you're getting some food? I wanna go!" Jack squealed, darting from the back of the bus to the front. "I already know what Zack wants. A fucking Monster, then he's off to work out with Andy."

"Ugh, Zack, can I join you guys?" I asked, patting the flab on my stomach. "I need to tone this shit."

He laughed, shaking his head, "Tone what? You've got nothing there. You're a fucking stick. But sure."

"If I can fit in Brendon's pants and vice versa, I need to do something," I joked, receiving a slap to the back of the head from Brendon.

"Hey, Brendon's got a nice ass," Jack said, defending Bren. He earned a slap to the back of the head for that. "Dude, I was defending you!"

"Uh-huh, sure," Bren said, rolling his eyes.

"Alright, I need to get this one food because he's becoming a diva," I said, flinching a little. I thought I'd get smacked because of that. Instead, he just walked off the bus. "You fuckers, you want anything?"

"Green tea and a sticky bun?" Alex smiled innocently, poking his head out of his bunk. "Lisa wants a tea, too."

"We're good, Rae. Thanks," Rian said, also poking his head out of his bunk, speaking for him and Kara.

I nodded and left the bus. I grabbed Bren's hand and apologized for calling him a diva, even though he was being one.

"So, where are we going?" Jack asked as we left the venue parking lot. We walked down the sidewalk, side by side.

"I dunno. I think there's a 7-11 around here somewhere," I shrugged, still holding on to Bren's hand. I started swinging our hands lightly. "Guys, I'm so happy."

"I can tell. You never swing hands unless you're happy," Bren chuckled.

"Why are you so happy?" Jack questioned, resting his arm on my shoulder as we walked. Yeah, this was awkward and slightly uncomfortable.

"Just because. You know, last night was one of the best nights I've had in my entire life. Pete and I never get to be all coupley like we were last night," I smiled, replaying last night in my head. Seriously, Pete and I never had time to be like that.

He's always busy with the band. I understand the band should come first and all that because it's his job and he's got fans to please, but sometimes, I'd like to be a normal couple. Sorta like Lisa and Alex. They at least have down time to be a couple. Pete's busy on and off tour. He's always writing with Patrick, planning more clothes for his clothing line, and working to maintain Angels & Kings. Plus, he always had interviews and things like that to go to. Like this morning.

I sighed and stopped swinging Bren's hand. He noticed this and gave my hand a gentle squeeze, letting me know it was okay. I looked up at him and smiled, not saying a word.

"Guys, what the hell. Is there something I'm missing out on?" Jack whined as he noticed our little silence.

"Yes, Jack. There is," Brendon smirked, toying with Jack's mind.

"What?" He asked, begging to be answered.

Brendon didn't answer. He just smiled and stayed silent. That obviously drove Jack crazy. He kept asking him what we were hiding from him the entire time we walked.

Finally, I snapped and told Jack to shut up. He looked hurt and offended as he bowed his head.

We walked into the 7-11 and I pulled Brendon along with me to get the drinks. I grabbed three cans of green tea and two cans of Monster for Zack, handing them to Bren to hold.

"I want some skittles!" He whined, balancing the cans in his arms. I giggled and walked over to the candy, picking out three bags of skittles. He smiled and kissed the side of my head. "Thank you."

"No probs, Brenny," I laughed, skipping over to Jack. I collided into his back on purpose, smiling. "Hey there, Mister."

"Well, hello," He smiled, looking down at me. "Do you want a breakfast sandwich?"

"Ugh, yes," I moaned, just thinking about the delicious sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich he was holding in his hand. "God, I feel like such a fucking fatass. But I love food."

"Good thing you're working out with Zack and Andy later, you're gonna need it," He laughed, obviously joking. Too bad my sensitive self took it as offensive. I was still so insecure about my weight. I didn't like being called fat or anything near that.

"You're such an asshole," I muttered, taking the sandwich out of his hand. I walked to the counter and set down my stuff, moving over a bit as Brendon sat the cans down on the counter. I watched silently as the cashier rang up everything. I pulled out a twenty and handed it to her. She handed me my change and I shoved it back into my wallet, slipping that back into my pocket.

I walked out with Brendon, leaving Jack behind. I was honestly really upset with him. I knew I shouldn't be, but seriously? He had to say that?

Jack ran out after me, screaming, "I'm sorry!"

That's how it was the entire way back to the buses. He was begging and pleading for me to forgive him. Wasn't happening until after I ate and worked out. I needed to tone this flab that I had.

***

I felt my calves and thighs burning as I took a break, laying in the cool shade under the tree. I took a sip of my water and tried catching my breath. Andy and Zack made me run around the entire fucking venue with them. Twice. Twice. That was one time too many.

"Dammit, Andy. I hate you," I breathed out, pouring some water over my head as I sat up.

He laughed and ruffled my wet hair, "You'll love me later."

"I doubt it," I joked, forcing out a laugh. I didn't have enough oxygen to actually laugh. I had to force one out. Jesus.

He just chuckled and threw a towel at me. I caught it and wiped my face dry. Sweat and water. Yum.

"How's the workout going, Rae?" Brendon asked, walking over to me with another bottle of water for me. Oh, thank God. He handed it to me and I literally snatched it out of his hand, guzzling down the cold liquid. "I take it's going well."

"Yeah, we're gonna go jogging again. If she wants to come, she's more than welcome to," Zack laughed. "But I highly doubt she's gonna."

"You got that right," I said, pressing the cold bottle to my forehead. I was seriously not used to running that much. In time, I would get used to it. Yes, I planned on doing this everyday. I needed to be healthier. And thinner. "So, Bren, wanna go walk around?"

"Around where?" He laughed, helping me up.

"New York? I dunno. Oooh, let's go shopping!" I squealed, jumping up and down, still holding on to his hand.

He mocked my grin and started jumping up and down with me, "Oh, my God, like...okay!"

"Yay!" I smiled, walking off with him towards the buses.

*

Kara, Lisa, Jess, and Cassadee all decided to join Brendon and I on our little trip to the nearest mall. I did feel kinda bad that Brendon was the only dude in the group. Most people thought he was gay. Well...most people already thought that about Brendon. But this was just so much worse.

We were currently in Forever 21 trying on a bunch of stuff we had picked out for each other. I was actually enjoying the time with Lisa. She was really, really sweet. And me and her could tell stories about Alex and joke about his little habits.

"Brendon, get your ass in here. I need help!" I whined, unlocking the dressing room door for him to come in. He sighed and stepped in. I turned around and glanced down at my outfit. "Does this look okay? Or should this go with this?"

"...That shirt definitely does not match those pan - and would you listen to me? I'm going insane. I need to get out of here and have a beer and watch football and redeem my man card," He rambled, leaving the dressing room, just shaking his head.

I laughed hysterically and shed my outfit, putting on a different one. I stepped out and knocked on Jess' door. She opened it and gasped, "Yes! I like that one. Kara has excellent taste."

"I know I do!" I could hear Kara laugh.

"Yes, Pete, please come. I need you," Brendon was busy arguing on the phone with, I assume, Pete to come down here and save him. "No, fuck you. Get down here...I don't care if you are my boss, I'm going to tell you what to do. I need you so badly right now...They're making me help pick out outfits...Are you kidding me right now, Pete? I know I do this all the time with R - fuck you so hard."

I stood, watching Bren, trying to not laugh. It was not working. I would let giggles and snorts slip out as he argued with my boyfriend.

"No, I would not like to fuck you. Becau - no, shut up! You know that is not what I meant! Stop yelling that! Pete, I'm going to murder you in your sleep...Yeah, not so funny now, huh? Get down here," He sighed, going into my dressing room to sit down. He sat and ran his hand through his hair, handing me a dress to try on. "I like this one."

I shut the door behind me and got undressed with him still in the room. I slipped the dress on, smiling, "I like this one, too."

"Yeah, Pete, I'm in the dressing room with Rae right now. What? Yeah, like...in the room with her. She's wearing a lovely floral print dress right now. Well, unless you want me in every single dressing room with her today, I suggest you get down here," He smirked, looking up at me. He gave me a thumbs up, indicating that he got Pete to come down here. He hung up the phone and slipped it back into his pocket. "He's on his way."

"Good, now you won't be complaining the entire time," I said, grinning a bit as I slid my dress off. "Wanna trade pants? You still have mine on and I have yours..."

"...Why would you put my pants back on after working out like that?" He asked, staring down at his pants. "I am not trading pants back."

"Oh, yes you are," I said, beginning to undo his belt. I slipped it off and hung it on the little hook on the back of the door.

"Stop it," He whined, backing up. He hit the wall and started swatting my hands away from his my pants. "Rachel, I said stop it. Don't make me scream rape!"

"You practically just did," I laughed, undoing the button on the pants. I unzipped them and pulled them off.

"Something is going on it that room and it needs to stop!" Someone yelled from the room right next to ours.

Brendon and I just looked at each other and busted out into laughter. "Should we?" I whispered, trying to stifle my giggles.

"No, Rae, oh my God," Bren whispered back. "I'm twenty-two, you're twenty-one. We do not need to act like - what am I saying? Let's do it."

I giggled, shedding his pants off of me. I looked at him and smirked, kicking them into the room next to ours. I bent down and peeked my head under there, "I'm sorry, can I have those back?"

The girl who occupied the room scoffed and kicked them back under the wall so hard they slid across our dressing room floor into the other one. "Thanks, doll," I smiled sweetly, standing back up and collapsing into Brendon. I was laughing so hard I couldn't stand up straight. I was literally clutching on to Brendon for help to stand up. He was also laughing hysterically. He sat me down, wiping his eyes before bending down and asking the person next to us for his pants.

They handed them to him nicely and he thanked them, smiling. I giggled and picked my pants up off the ground.

I slipped them on and buttoned them up, then grabbed the clothes I wanted and left the room. Brendon stepped out after me, buttoning and zipping up his pants.

Kara shot me a look, "What happened in there? I heard a lot of laughing and whispering."

"Oh, yeah, we totally did it in a dressing room," Brendon replied sarcastically, slipping his belt through the little beltloops and buckling it up. "We traded pants."

"You never know. One of you could be into that shit," Kara shrugged, walking off towards the counters to pay for her stuff. "Plus, the girl next to your dressing room came out and said something about you two."

Brendon and I turned to each other and bust out laughing once again. We, being dorks, high-fived each other, grinning widely.

Kara just shook her head, laughing. She set her stuff down on the counter and paid. Everyone else payed for their stuff and we left, wondering what we should do next.

"Well, I'm kinda hungry..." Jess said, hinting that we should go get food.

"Oh, shit, I'm all up for getting food!" Lisa breathed out. Wow, girl was hungry.

I looked up at Brendon and he shrugged, "I'll tell Pete and the guys to meet us at wherever we go."

Before I could turn back to the group, Kara grabbed my arm and dragged me along with them. I grabbed Brendon's hand and pulled him along with me.

"Where are we going?" I asked, catching up to Kara and the other two on a mission to find food.

"Um, I think there's a California Pizza Kitchen in here somewhere," Jess muttered, leading the way with Lisa and Cassadee really close behind. They were quickly becoming close friends with Lisa.

"Aww, they're friends," I smiled, looking at Jess, Lisa, and Cassadee as they talked amongst each other. "You know, I was so wrong about Lisa. She's so nice."

"That she is," Kara said, grinning. "So...Brendon...why are you on this tour? I have been wondering all night. You and Rae aren't...y'know...behind Pete's back..."

He chuckled and looked down, then back up at her, "Oh, fuck, no. I would never do that to Pete. Rae asked me to join after I kinda, uh, saved her life."

"Kara, how could you think Bren and I were sneaking around? I would never do that to Pete! I've only got eyes for Pete. Brendon's just...he's my little Brenny bear, my best friend...I just wanted him here with me. I told him about Jack and everything that happened, he was all like, 'Oh, if I was there, none of that shit would have happened. Jack's an asshole. I'll beat the shit out of him...' and shit like that," I laughed, making my voice go deeper when I recalled what he said. He laughed and wrapped his arm around my neck, bringing me closer to him. He ruffled my hair, causing me to giggle. "So, yeah. I'm glad he's here."

"You better be glad I'm here," He said.

"Hey, so, Bren, I'm sick of singing Remembering Sunday with Lex. Do you wanna sing it tonight? I'll tell him I'm singing, but you'll go out and sing. How's that sound?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I - I don't know..."

Lisa turned around and grinned, "That'd be so funny! Please do it, Brendon."

"Dude, do it!" Kara and Cassadee shouted at the same time. They looked at each other and giggled.

"Brendon, I will love you forever if you do it. Last night was awesome, but tonight would be even better 'cause you'll be all by yourself," Jess laughed.

He sighed in defeat, "Fine, fine. I'll do it."

"Yay!" I giggled, squeezing him close to me. We walked into the California Pizza Kitchen and asked for a table of about fifteen. Of course, we had to wait.

I sat next to Brendon and laid my head on his shoulder, sighing and playing with Kara's bag. It seemed like we were waiting for hours before Pete and the rest of the guys showed up.

"Pete!" I squealed, jumping up and hugging him. Oh, how I missed him. I hadn't seen him since he tucked me safely into the bunk at three this morning. "I love you."

He grinned and pecked a quick little kiss on my lips, "You're so pretty, you know that?"

"Actually, yeah, she does. I told her that when she was getting dressed in Forever 21," Brendon said, smirking.

I laughed, "He did not. He did, however, turn into a gay man who picked out one of the pretty dresses I bought!"

It was Pete's turn to smirk, "Oh, he did, did he? I always knew Brendon was a little more feminine than normal..."

Brendon glared and, from where he was sitting, kicked Pete in the ass, "Says the dude who wore eyeliner for about five years straight."

"He's got you there, Pete," Patrick giggled, shrugging. "You did wear eyeliner for a while there."

"You guys are soooooo funny," He replied sarcastically. He huffed and went to sit on the other side, away from everyone.

I laughed and walked over to him, taking a seat on his lap, "It's okay, Pete. I thought you looked sexy when you wore your eyeliner."

He smiled, pressing his lips against mine. "Why thank you," He muttered against my lips before kissing them once more.

"Uh, Evans, party of...oh, wow, um, fifteen," The hostess said, staring at our large group of band members and their girlfriends. Although, to anyone who didn't know us, we probably just looked like normal...twenty year olds. But then again, who didn't know who Fall Out Boy was?

Everyone stood up and went into the restaurant. I ran and slid in next to Bren, Pete sliding in behind me. Gabe sat across from me. He smiled, "Hey, girl."

"Hi, Gabey," I smiled back at him. "What made you come?"

"Your boyfriend," He replied flatly. "Seriously, he dragged me along with him. Stormed onto the bus and dragged me out by my hoodie."

"Only you," I chuckled, turning back to Pete. He was currently playing with the salt and pepper shakers, dumping little piles of both onto the table. I watched as he drew two little smiley faces, then a heart in the salt and pepper. He looked up at me and smiled. My face hurt from smiling too much, "You are too fucking adorable for words, oh my goodness."

"They're having a moment down here, advert your eyes," Gabe warned everyone.

"Aw, but they're cute, Gabe," Lisa giggled.

"So, do you guys know what you would like for drinks? Or are you guys ready to order?" Our waitress asked, breaking up the conversations.

"Uh, just drinks for now," Jess answered.

Everyone ordered their drinks and then went right back to their conversations.

"So, Rae, you singing tonight or do I have to get Cassadee here to sing?" Alex asked, looking down the table at me.

I glanced at Lisa, Kara, Cass, and Jess. They were all grinning widely as I nodded, "I'm singing tonight, Lex. Don't worry about it. You know I got you."

He smiled, "Yay! You singing with Fall Out Boy tonight, too? Or is Brendon doing that again?"

"Actually, Alex, I was wondering if you wanted to sing?" Patrick asked, smiling warmly at the chocolate haired singer, whose eyes were lit up.

"Yes, yes, yes!" He said, his smile stretching from ear to ear. Alex had always talked about me trying to get him a chance to sing with Patrick when we were teenagers. He said it was a dream of his to sing on stage with Blink, Fall Out Boy, and New Found Glory. He was getting his chance at one of those dreams tonight. And he was so excited.

I was excited for him. He was one of my best friends. It was nice seeing his dreams come true.
♠ ♠ ♠
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's been awhile, hasn't it? i apologize, everyone. i got slapped with writers block. :(

lalalalaaaaaaa i don't have anything to say...so yeah hi. sorry this is a shitty filler/fluffy, lovey, happy chapter, but i need to keep up the fluff~ >.>

also- pls ignore any typos because the majority of this was written at 2-4 this morning.

outfits rae bought

thank yews-
peaceREB - d'aww ikr. so qt. :3
Chachachloe - yes i did! :3 i'm up to using suggestions if anyone has any. :) and thank youuuu. :)
gcchic7484 - thank you! :)
rivals are insane - thank yew. :3
capricorn1797 - aww, thank you!! i'm happy you like this story. :)<3
Hell's.Angel - haha, thanks! and hmm, we'll see if alex and rae develop a relationship... ;D
YouCanBeMyLover - <3
jaaaas - thank you. btw, i loveeeeee your profile. :)<3
StiltzScreamsRemedy - hahaha, thank you! i find myself laughing while writing it. x)
redvelvetorangecrush - haha, are you talking about the sunstreak? they're so good! :D and thank youuuuuuu. <3

now, i'm going to go play wii sports (with pants~ ohohohoho).

gimme nice thoughts to come back to? (:

x.