‹ Prequel: My Saving Grace
Status: INDEFINITE HIATUS

Four Years

27.

Rachel's POV

"Hi, guys, we're gonna slow it down for the last song. If you don't like it, then go fuck yourself. Hey, I saw you kid in the black shirt! Fuck you, too!" Alex laughed, sitting down on his little stool. He strummed his guitar and looked over at me, smiling. "Well, as I always say, this songs about my bestest friend in the world. Yes, it's about Jack. It's called Remembering Sunday."

I giggled at the little "it's about Jack" comment. Jack just smirked, his arms folded across his chest. He leaned down and whispered, "He likes me more."

"Oh, shut up," I laughed, smacking his chest.

He feigned hurt and walked off, crying into Rian's shoulder, "She hit me, Rian! She's so abusive!"

Rian just rolled his eyes and rubbed Jack's back softly, "It's okay, Jack. She didn't mean it. Say you're sorry, Rachel."

"Neva!" I shouted, running off to find Brendon. His part was coming up soon. I ran back to the dressing room where I last saw him and kicked the door in, startling the fuck out of him. "Let's go, you ass. You're on!"

"Oh, shit, sorry!" He said, scrambling to his feet, dropping his bag of skittles in the process. They scattered all over the floor. He stared at them sadly. "My skittles..."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him along with me to the stage.

"There you are! You're on soon!" Matt said, shoving the mic into my hands.

I giggled and handed the mic to Brendon, "It's all yours, babe."

He hugged me quickly before running off on to the stage.

"The neighbors said she moved away, funny how it rained all day. I didn't think much of it then, but it's starting to all make sense. Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds are following me in my desperate endeavor to find my whoever, wherever she may be..." Alex sang, looking over to his left, usually where I would come from.

His face dropped when he saw Brendon walking towards him, singing, "I'm not coming back. I've done something so terrible. I'm terrified to speak, but you'd expect that from me.."

Brendon wrapped his arm around Alex's shoulders, still singing, "I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt, now the rain is just washing you out of my hair and out of my mind. Keeping an eye on the world, from so many thousands of feet off the ground. I'm over you. Now, I'm at home in the clouds, towering over your head."

Alex shook his head and finished off the song with Brendon. Fans went insane as Brendon bowed and Alex chuckled into the mic, sending it out through the stadium, "Well...Brendon Urie, everyone!"

"Thanks, Alex," Brendon laughed, hugging him. He turned to the crowd once again. "Thank you, New York! I love you all."

With that, he ran back over to the side of the stage, smiling widely. I laughed and collided into him, giving him the biggest hug ever, "You were so awesome!"

"I know, I know," He laughed, wrapping his arms around me.

"Dude, Bren, that was hilarious," Pete said, pulling Bren out of my arms so he could do his stupid bro-hug-thing. "Alex didn't see that coming."

"No one did," Jack breathed out, staring at us.

Alex carried his acoustic back to the side of the stage we were on, trying to hide his grin, "I hate you all."

"No, you love me!" I giggled, pecking him on the cheek.

His cheeks flushed red as he looked down at his gray Chucks, "No, I don't."

"Whatever you say, Gaskarf," I smiled, skipping over to Suarez. I hugged him tightly. "Go blow those fangs right off those motherfuckers!"

"Will do, Rae," He chuckled.

I hugged the rest of the Cobra's, wishing them luck. Once their equipment was all set up, they did their pre-show ritual and ran out on stage.

***

Some dancey song blared throughout the club. Brendon and Pete were both up at the DJ booth. I had no one. But Jack.

The last time this happened, I ended up leaving tour. I wasn't going to drink as much this time.

"Hi, Rae," Jack smiled, pulling me closer to him by the hips. We danced, our hips grinding together. I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling.

"Get it, Rae!" Someone yelled.

I smirked and flipped them off, continuing to grind my hips against Jack's.

As the song ended, Jack smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me to where everyone else was seated, laughing and drinking.

He offered me his glass full of...whatever he was having. I turned him down, of course. I was going to try to stay sober and loyal tonight.

Brendon appeared right by my side, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Be careful with him tonight, okay? I'm right here if you need me."

I looked up and smiled at him, "Thank you, Brendon. So much."

"Are you two sleeping together?" Jack asked, sipping on his drink. I reached up and smacked him across the face. He gasped and held his face, "Ow! What the hell was that for?"

"For thinking I'd sleep with Urie. I swear, dude, I'm not an unfaithful slut. Pete is my boyfriend," I explained to him slowly. He was so dumb. I swear.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean a thing. Most of the people on tour were wondering about you and Brendon. You guys just seem too...lovey," He laughed, scooting away from me. He leaned his head on Alex's shoulder, not once breaking eye contact with me. "It's true. Ask Nate."

"Why Nate?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Uh, because he's right there..." He said slowly, pointing over to Nate, who had his face stuffed with food.

Nate looked up and smiled at us, "What's up, dudes?"

"Rae doesn't believe that everyone thinks her and Urie are sleeping together," Jack explained.

"Oh, yeah, everyone does. I mean, I don't. Well, I did. Then Brendon said no, you guys weren't soooooo..." He laughed, shoving more food into his mouth, then washing that down with whatever was in his glass.

Brendon and I just looked at each other and shrugged. As long as Pete knew the truth and how we weren't sleeping together, I was completely fine with the rumors. Rumors are rumors and I knew they weren't true. Why get upset over something like that?

"Go DJ. Tell Pete to come over here, I wanna dance with him," I smiled sweetly at Brendon before shoving him out on to the floor.

He glared at me and walked across the floor and up to the booth. He whispered something in Pete's ear. Pete nodded and handed the headphones to Gabe. Both Pete and Brendon came back over to where I was sitting.

"Hello, Brendon said you'd like to fuck?" Pete smirked, sitting on top of my lap.

I glanced up at Brendon and saw him smiling the biggest smile ever and giving me two thumbs up. That boy was so incredibly gay. I couldn't handle it.

"Well...now that you mention it..." I giggled, leaning up and kissing him ever so softly. He cupped my face in his hands and brought me back in for another kiss. We ended up making out on the couch we were sitting on. I felt Pete's hand go up the back of my shirt, ready to unhook my bra. Well then.

"Jesus Christ, stop it," Jack whined, breaking us apart. "I saw your hand go up the back of her shirt. You are not having sex on me."

Pete and I both laughed at Jack as he got up, disgusted with us. I turned to Pete, whispering, "Maybe we should get out of here?"

He chuckled and stood up, grabbing my hand and leading me out of Angels & Kings. We were on our way back to the hotel we were staying at for the night when some paparazzi decided to swarm us. Great.

"Pete! Rachel! What made you come back? Who is that guy you've been seen with, Rachel? Why is he around so much?" They all shouted at once, throwing different questions at us.

Pete sighed and stepped in front of me, protecting me from these people. I bowed my head and stared at the dirty sidewalk of New York. I disliked paparazzi so much.

"Where's the rest of the band? Why aren't they with you, Pete? Leaving them for her, huh?" One asked. I felt Pete's grip on my hand become tighter. I responded by rubbing my thumb lightly over the back of his hand. His hand relaxed a bit. I knew he was smiling a bit, as well.

The entire way back to the hotel was like that. Flashes and screaming questions. Pete and I walking in complete silence, small grins adorning our faces.

"I'm so sorry about the paparazzi," Pete sighed as we stepped foot into the hotel, away from those vultures.

I giggled, swinging his hand, "We've been together for four years. I'm used to it, Pete. It comes with the territory."

"How did I get so lucky?" He grinned, kissing me on the cheek.

"Seriously, how did you?" I joked, letting go of his hand. "Race you to the room?"

He didn't say anything, he just took off running. That little jerk. I bolted after him, running up the stairs. It was three in the morning and Pete and I were running through a hotel, disturbing the silence that wrapped it up.

"Wentz!" I shouted, running as fast as I could after him. I was catching up to him quickly. The boy didn't run so fast while he had alcohol in his system. I, however, had little to no alcohol in my system. I was not stumbling around as I ran.

In a matter of seconds, I caught up to him, tackling him to the floor. I then proceeded to get up and run, smirking as I heard him screaming for me to get back there.

Once I reached our hotel room, I realized I didn't have the keycard. Pete did. Whoops. I waited for him to run down here.

He smirked, holding the keycard between his index and middle fingers, "Need something?"

I pouted, giving him the puppy dog look, "I sorry."

He leaned in and kissed me roughly. Without his lips leaving mine, he somehow managed to get the door open. I backed up into the dark hotel room, pulling Pete in by his shirt.

Tonight was going to be so fantastic.

***

I woke up due to the blinding light pouring in through the damn window. Why didn't we close those curtains last night? Jesus.

I sat up slowly and glanced at the clock on the nightstand that was on Pete's side of the bed. 7:24 shined in red numbers. I groaned. It was so early. It was a day off from tour and I was awake early.

Pete mumbled something, then wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. He smiled and kissed my lips before whispering a soft "I love you."

I returned the smile, "I love you, too."

"What time is it?" He mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Seven thirty," I groaned, burying my face in his chest. He pet my hair back softly. This was so nice. All I wanted to do was lay in bed with him all day. "Do you have anything to do today?"

"Um, I think I have an intervi - "

"Tell them you're dead," I replied flatly, cutting him off. He was not going to be doing any interviews today. Nope. He was going to lay in bed with me. "You're staying here."

He chuckled, "Hey, I'm sorry. I've got to go, though."

"No," I whined, crawling on top of him to make sure he wouldn't get up. I laid there, listening to his heartbeat. This was so comforting.

"Rae," He said, shattering the perfectness of the moment.

I sighed, knowing what I should do. I rolled off of him and laid on my side, facing away from him. "Go ahead."

"It's not until three. Do you wanna go out to breakfast? Just you and me?" He asked, resting his hand on my side.

I slowly turned back over, grinning just a bit, "Okay. Lemme just shower and get dressed."

"Can I join you?" He asked, a little glimmer of hope in his eyes.

I sat up and thought for a moment. If he did join me, it would just lead to more sex. And that would just take so much longer. We'd never get out in time for breakfast. "Nope," I replied, popping the 'p'.

"Dammit," He sighed, falling backwards on to the bed once again. He stared up at the ceiling, probably deep within thought as I got up and hurried to the bathroom.

I shut the bathroom door behind me and sighed, turning on the water. I stepped in once it was the right temperature and immediately started washing my hair.

Ten minutes later and I heard a knock on the door. I sighed and pulled the curtain back a bit, knowing Pete would just walk in anyways. "What?" I asked as the door creaked open.

"I have to piss," Pete replied simply, walking to the toilet to do his business.

"You're dressed already?" I asked, shutting the curtain again.

"Mhmm," He stated, flushing the toilet. That made the water really, really fucking hot. Fantastic.

"Ow, goddammit, Pete!" I shouted, instantly turning off the water. I saw his hand poke into the shower, holding a towel. "You are such an asshole."

"But you love me and you're gonna get dressed really fast," He said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

"But my hair - "

"Shhh, no. You are not drying your hair. That takes forever," He protested as I stepped out of the shower with the white fluffy towel wrapped around my body.

"The fuck I'm not," I scoffed, shoving him out of the bathroom. I grabbed the blow dryer off the counter and plugged it in, turning it on. I blow dried each section carefully until my hair was a fluffy mess. I flipped my hair and shrugged. It was perfectly messy. And I loved it.

"Fifty fucking minutes later," Pete said, rolling his eyes as I got out of the bathroom.

"Oh, shut up. It's only...eight twenty three...Whoops, sorry," I laughed, walking over to my bag. I pulled out an outfit for the day and walked back into the bathroom. I quickly got dressed, brushed my teeth, and put my makeup on.

I took one final look at myself in the mirror and smiled. Not bad. I stepped out of the bathroom and saw Pete laying on the bed, his arms over his head. He was bored as hell.

I picked up the closest thing to me, which was the remote to the TV, and threw it at him. He sat up, startled.

I smiled innocently, "Ready to go, my darling?"

"Finally," He breathed out, jumping up off the bed. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand, leading me out of the hotel room and down the hall.

"So, where are we going?" I finally asked, snuggling into his side as we walked out of the hotel.

"I dunno," He shrugged. "Wherever."

"You're so fucking romantic, I can't fucking handle it," I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey. It works, doesn't it? You love me, right?" He defended his lack of romanticism.

I couldn't help but to smile, "Of course it works. It's mainly because you're so devilishly handsome."

He smiled and kissed the side of my head. The rest of the walk was in silence. A comfortable silence. There was no awkward silence whenever I was with Pete.

After ten minutes of walking, we entered a little diner. We were seated pretty quickly, seeing as how it wasn't that crowded this time in the morning. Seriously, this was so early for me. I was honestly tired. I wanted more sleep!

"I want pancakes," I said, not even looking at the menu.

Pete looked up at me and smirked, "Remember that time I was on One Tree Hill and made pancakes...You wouldn't leave me alone for a week about that."

I gasped and smiled widely, "Oh, my God, yes! Yes, yes, yes! Dude, I want some of your pancakes now. Mmmmm. When we get home, can you make me some pancakes?"

"Of course I can," He laughed as the waitress came over.

"So, what can I get you two?" She smiled sweetly at us.

I looked up at her, returning the smile, "Um, the pancakes and eggs, with a side of sausage. Oh, and a chocolate milk."

"Yeah, I'll have the same," Pete said, handing her our menus.

She nodded, scribbling down the order before taking the menus from Pete. "Alright, be right back with your drinks."

"You're so damn original," I smirked.

"What you ordered sounded good. I can't help that I want what you want," He replied.

The waitress set down our drinks and two straws. We thanked her, waiting until she left so we could shoot the paper that wrapped the straws at each other.

I ended up hitting Pete right under the eye. "Success!" I laughed, raising my arms over my head victoriously.

He shot his right at my nose, laughing the entire time. I grabbed the paper off the booth seat and balled it up, flicking it at him. He formed a little goal with his index fingers and thumbs. I tried flicking the balled up paper into the makeshift goal.

I hit it too hard. It flew across the table and hit Pete in the chest. He looked down, then back up at me, "How the fuck..."

"I've got fingers of steel, baby," I laughed, flexing my index finger.

"That's too easy..." He said, shaking his head. I just stared at him, a blank expression adorning my face. "What? It is too easy!"

"Oh, shut up," I finally said, giggling just a bit.

"No, I won't shut up."

"You better or else I'm gonna dump this packet of sugar on you," I rebutted, sticking my tongue out at him. I played with the sugar packet in my hands.

"You wouldn't," He replied.

"Okay, so, maybe I wouldn't. But I would throw it at you," I said, chucking it at him, completely catching him off guard.

He swatted at it after it had already hit him in the chest. I burst out into a giggle fit. He was so adorable.

The waitress brought our food out and set it in front of us. I let out a little "yum" which caused Pete to laugh.

The rest of the breakfast went fairly normal - in our sense of the word. We'd occasionally throw a piece of pancake, egg, or sausage at each other and laugh, then stop when someone worked here walked by or eyed us down.

We talked about the most random shit, as we usually do. We finally finished after what seemed like hours. I wasn't complaining though. This was sorta like a date. And I never went on dates with Pete.

Maybe Brendon said something to him. Or Jack. Maybe Jack said something. Either way, it was nice that Pete and I got the chance to do this.

Pete paid - after much arguing...I wanted to at least split it - and we left, hand in hand.

I looked up at Pete as we walked, "Thank you, Pete. I really do love you."

He just kept his head forward, grinning widely, "I love you, too, Rachel."
♠ ♠ ♠
outfittttttttttttttt

i lovelovelove panic at the disco. WHO SAW THE VIDEOS OF BRENDON STRIPPING ON STAGE?!!?!?!?!?>qr:KRGLKJSL KJDF I FLIPPED OUT OK MMMMMM. /done.

i'm changing the name of the story, just so you all know. so don't be like WAT DA FUQ IZ DIS I DIDN'T SUBSCRIBE TO DIS. ok. it's gonna be called "Four Years". c:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, happy fourth of july, my americans~ ;D

and uh yeah idk what else to say uh it's 5AM and i'm gonna go to bed now mmk. c:

thanks-
rivals are insane
peaceREB
redvelvetorangecrush

mmk now goodnight/good morning/whatever it is where you are. c:

thoughts?

x.